Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Lite Questions  (Read 508 times)
saberstash
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« on: September 16, 2018, 02:34:48 AM »

So I just got a brand new saber with Obsidian Lite and it’s my first saber with sound. I’m very new to how the sound thing works, so I have a few questions.

I see that the batteries are taped over with what looks like electrical tape. What is the proper way to get them out when I want to replace the batteries, and what batteries can I use? I tried using some brand new Duracell batteries and the saber beeped at me. It sounded like a warning beep that something was wrong. I then put the batteries it came with back in and it did the same thing. However, once I took out 1 battery with the other 3 still in there and then put the battery back, it booted normally. A sound played and it said Obsidian, and the saber fired up just fine. The duracells sort of had a bootloop effect where the beginning of the boot sound replayed repeatedly.

What do I need to consider for special care of the saber? With the advanced electronics I figure there’s a few things that are different from my stunt staff.

If I made a really bad mistake by trying to use Duracell batteries, please remember I didn’t know any better and I’m still learning this saber thing. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sabers:  (x2) Initiate LE V4 Stunt (32" UEHG CG), (x3) Dark Initiate LE V4 Stunt (x2 BR, x1 GB, x2 24" UEMG, x1 24" UEHG), Dominix LE V4 Obsidian Lite (36" UEHG AB), Graflex CE Obsidian V3 Emerald Driver (36” UEMG GB), Dark Apprentice V5 Stunt (32” UEMG Tri AS), Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt (36” HG DVA), Dark Initiate LE V5 Stunt (32" HG VA). Future sabers: Dark Shock LE Obsidian V4 (36” UEHG GB), $75 Mystery Box

Several cannoli... a tasty addition to my collection.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:18:59 AM »

I just ran into the same problem. I am also new at this and my saber did the same thing when I tried to change my batteries. I could use some feedback as well.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:44:27 AM »

The electrical tape is to keep the batteries from getting knocked loose during dueling as that tends to happen easily on the obsidian lite especially if you are hitting hard.  You can just carefully unwrap and replace batteries then wrap it back on.  Due to the board size it is hard to fit a wider Velcro strip in there like on a stunt with AAA setup so they just started wrapping them in there with a little electrical tape to keep them in place. 

In regards to the batteries I use AAA Duracell rechargeable batteries and haven't had any issues. 
https://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Rechargeable-AAA-Batteries-Count/dp/B000XSG300
Not sure why it is beeping at you, it should say "Obsidian" when you pop in fully charged batteries.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:53:42 AM »

Any AAA size alkaline or Ni-MH batteries should work. The board is designed to operate between 3.5v and 5.5v. (6v is likely within tolerances) Why it beeped at you, unfortunately, I don't know. I don't have a Lite board, I only have sabers with V3 and V4. However, it's my understanding that the Lite board can be a bit more finicky than the V3/V4 boards.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:07:14 AM »

Here's some photos from a previous reply to show you what black electrical tape not to remove.  There is room for some narrow Velcro as it seems that sometimes one battery can become slightly dislodged with use.  Do not place your finger on the diaphragm of the speaker at any time.  After placing the speaker/battery pack partially inside the hilt... use the pommel threads to gently with no significant resistance... finish the placement of the housing inside the hilt.  Smiley

You have x2 choices... either carefully cut down the tape inbetween the batteries or find where the tape ends and slowly unwrap it to remove.  When removing the batteries try to press down on the opposite end of where the resistance spring is or where the positive side that has the elevated contact circle is... may help to release the battery more easily.  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37962.msg617609#msg617609

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: