Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V3 in CG  (Read 6627 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: September 16, 2018, 09:28:16 AM »

PROPHECY V3

So, this is my 2nd Prophecy, ordered during the recent flash sale. I can't say enough great things about this hilt. The design is gorgeous and comfortable. It's a good size, closer to the ones in the movies than some of the other hilts out there. I've also found it's really well balanced with a 32" midgrade blade. But, I'll let the video do most of the talking:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyGLyvpJ9uI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyGLyvpJ9uI</a>

And, some pictures:

And, in staff configuration with my other Prophecy:

Also, an update on those burs I mentioned in the video. Like I said, not an issue for a man with sandpaper. Some 600 grit took those right down, and some 2000 grit polished the end of the hilt back up. So, no biggie. I don't worry about scratches on my hilts, but burs are a different matter. So, they're gone. Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 10:31:28 AM »

Great stuff. Smiley

Yeah - the Prophecy has to be one of US's most comfortable models, IMO...and gorgeous to boot!

Now he has two folks. Tongue

+1 man. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:28 PM »

Sweet review their Scifi!!  Haven't gotten me a Prophecy yet,  but would like 2 in da future!! I've never gotten a tri cree,  so I've never seen the difference in brightness in person!!  I don't think I  kould go without FOC,  I just think its a killer feature!!  I've never seen a saber with a midgrade either!!  All I know is the sabers I have are pretty dam bright!!  Enjoyed the vid and pics!!  +1 4 u bra..

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »

Bro, your pics are killin it. And great review. Lovin your posts more and more. Love the Prophecys' and your staff is awesome. Point again

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29:46 PM »

Thanks a lot, everyone. It's a great saber. Smiley

Yeah - the Prophecy has to be one of US's most comfortable models, IMO...and gorgeous to boot!

Yeah, if I have to pick a hilt model I like as well as the Aeon V4, it's the Prophecy. Yep, I said it. Grin

I've never gotten a tri cree,  so I've never seen the difference in brightness in person!!  I don't think I  kould go without FOC,  I just think its a killer feature!!

Like I said, I can do two dies. That means either two of the same color with a third for FoC, or a mixed color with FoC. Though, I do have some sound sabers without FoC and I can live without it. Wink

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »

Great review there, SFD. I’ve been wanting a Prophecy staff for the longest time now and just thought it would be a gorgeous staff.  You just solidified my theory.  It’s interewting how your two Prophecies slightly differ from each other. How long ago did you buy the first from the latest one?  I wonder if Ultrasabers changed their CNC supplier or if materials have been changed. There’s just so many variations to CNC machine that can also change the outcome.  Either way, it’s still pretty cool to see. I’m going to have to order them soon after viewing this video.  I did notice that the Tri-Cree CG compared to your other saber with CG had fully color down the end of the blade whereas the other one, I can star to see it dim about 1/3 of the way from the hilt.  Pretty noticeable between the two so now I’m going to look into Tri-Cree as well.  The pictures are great as well. Have a point

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 01:48:36 PM »

Thanks Infinit01. Smiley

How long ago did you buy the first from the latest one?

July 13, 2018 and September 9, 2018. So, not even quite 2 months. They could still be from different stock, though. I've noticed some sabers I've gotten recently (the first Prophecy, DSI and Dominix LE V3) have a slight texture to them, the others have been smooth. Of course, I sanded off the texture on the DSI, but that's beside the point. Tongue

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »

Thanks Infinit01. Smiley

July 13, 2018 and September 9, 2018. So, not even quite 2 months. They could still be from different stock, though. I've noticed some sabers I've gotten recently (the first Prophecy, DSI and Dominix LE V3) have a slight texture to them, the others have been smooth. Of course, I sanded off the texture on the DSI, but that's beside the point. Tongue

You're welcome, from someone who has sweaty hands, I kind of like the idea of slight texture for added grip but it may be too sharp to wield.  Good to know, may just be different stock since no two machined parts are every exactly the same.  I do have a build of the Prophecy currently living in my wish list, just didn't jump on it with the last sale but will do in the future.

I don't think I've said it enough but I always enjoy your reviews and this one is different but still good and informative.

MNewell1
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 03:05:56 PM »

Great Review!  Makes me want to go out and get one now.....

Point for you!

MNewell1

Sabers Owned:  Crimson Scorpion - Tri FO
                        Aeon v4 - AB
                        Dark Sentinel LE v4 - Tri AS
                        Initiate v3 - Tri CG
                        Apprentice LE v4 - Tri GB

Wish List:  Emperor's Hand - VA
                Dominix LE v4 - SRD

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 05:42:16 PM »

Very nice review, and thanks for showing the staff version. I've been thinking about doing something like that

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »

That’s one shiny staff!! Very nice. I also don’t have one of those hilts and would very much like one! Point for the pretty!!+1

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »

Thanks a lot, everyone. It was a fun review to do because the Prophecy is such a great saber. I'm not really a staff kind of person, but it's still a fun possibility. I also just happen to have a QR coupler because I got one practically free when they were first released. (reward points)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 02:45:18 AM »

That Tri-cree CG looks really bright, and then as a Prophecy staff with AB it is just fantastic, thanks for sharing this video! +1

Maybe I missed it in the video but is the AB prophecy also Tri-cree?

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »

Maybe I missed it in the video but is the AB prophecy also Tri-cree?

It is, it's two blues and a white. I wired it myself. It did have sound, but my battery setup was too bulky to fit in that hilt, so I took the sound setup out and put it in my Dominix LE V4 and rewired the Prophecy into a stunt until I do a different battery solution.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 02:48:13 PM »

Any updates on the 14500 batteries you were looking at from US?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: