Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate V3 with Catalyst pommel re-review (My first saber 5 years later)  (Read 1733 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« on: September 17, 2018, 02:52:42 AM »

To celebrate my channel's 5 year anniversary I take a look back at my very first US hilt, the Initiate V3 with Catalyst pommel and see how it stacks up 5 years later.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTptxkl1Wls" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTptxkl1Wls</a>

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:02:20 AM »

Nice little saber. That Catalyst pommel works like magic. I just purchased one for my Liberator—which I’m going to be doing some further customization with shortly. I tried it on just to see how it would look and it fits it so perfectly. Just as you said, like it was made for it.

After seeing the way it looks on your saber and mine, I would seriously recommend that if anyone has a saber with a flat pommel, this just adds so much with that little extra layer of flair and a bit of a tapered curve to the end. It is an extremely nice touch  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »

Prowl, I always enjoy your videos and you had humor into it as well.  Love the comparison between the Initiate and your various Dominixs.   "I'm actually 5'5 and a half, I used to be 5'6 but I shrunk, the say I'm close to 5'5, it's really humbling..."  That just made me laugh out loud, have a point for a great review and a nice sense of humor.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »

Great video as usual, Prowl. It's nice to see your first saber from 5 years back is still serving you well. I've been wanting an Initiate V3 for ages, I may need to do something about that. I'm definitely going to get it with the Catalyst pommel. Smiley

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:51:43 AM »

Great video as usual, Prowl. It's nice to see your first saber from 5 years back is still serving you well. I've been wanting an Initiate V3 for ages, I may need to do something about that. I'm definitely going to get it with the Catalyst pommel. Smiley

It won't let you down it's a great hilt.  Glad to see you got a Prophecy as well!

Prowl, I always enjoy your videos and you had humor into it as well.  Love the comparison between the Initiate and your various Dominixs.   "I'm actually 5'5 and a half, I used to be 5'6 but I shrunk, the say I'm close to 5'5, it's really humbling..."  That just made me laugh out loud, have a point for a great review and a nice sense of humor.

Glad you enjoyed the review and my sense of humor.  I've aged a bit since that first review 5 years ago.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEKt65oN5A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEKt65oN5A</a>

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »

Great review as always Prowl.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »

Do you still give the Initiate V3 a 99 out of a 100?  Good video as well

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 05:23:08 AM »

Do you still give the Initiate V3 a 99 out of a 100?  Good video as well

Atleast a 95 out of 100!  It's a great hilt.

Great review as always Prowl.

Thanks for watching!

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »

That was a really great review, Prowl. As much as I like the new v5 series, I have always wanted a v3.

And yours is exactly what I would get myself, but taking advantage of the Obsidian v4 option which wasn't available to you when you ordered yours.

Ok, maybe do the mid grade blade like you mentioned just for the variety.

Aside from that, dead on.  Grin

And your first saber too.

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 03:49:17 PM »

Great retro review comparison and re-review brother!! That is a super sleek setup, and seems like it handles well. Plus, the animal print sheet set you had back in the day was rad! If silenoz see it he’s gonna crap himself.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »

Well done prowl period another excellent review. I don't know where I'll be 5 years from now, but I know I'll be loving saber and hopefully, my collection might even rival yours(probably not)

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 09:59:31 PM »

Nice saber for sure. An Initiate of any version is a saber I've never had yet before. Tried a v3 in person though and was a bit too short for me, especially a v2 x.x I love the new V5 though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »

If silenoz see it he’s gonna crap himself.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: