Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix LE V3 in Tri FO  (Read 4620 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: September 17, 2018, 11:15:16 PM »

DOMINIX LE V3

Hey, everyone. So, I was messing with this saber earlier today and I realized I hadn’t done a review on it. I ordered it during the Flash sale back in July, and with the raffle and whatnot, I guess I just forgot. Well, this isn’t the kind of saber you forget, so I had to do a review on it. I’m getting ready to go to work here in a bit, but I had some free time, so I decided there’s no point putting it off.

Now, for people who don’t know, the Aeon and Dominix lines are my favorite Ultrasabers. I have 2 Aeon V2s, a Dominix LE V2, a Dominix V3, an Aeon LE V4 and a Dominix LE V4. So, this was another saber in that line to add to my collection.

The V3 sabers immediately appealed to me when I first started collecting Ultrasabers, but they were out of stock at that time. The line is so popular that they had all been sold out around the time of the premier of The Force Awakens. In fact, my dual Aeon V2s were purchased as a Phantasm V2 staff. It would have been a V3 staff if they'd been in stock. Now that I own a couple, I can say that I would have loved to have a V3 staff. In fact, I may do one someday. I have plans for some cosmetic mods to my all black Dominix V3 that will completely change how it looks. Grin

Anyway, I absolutely love this saber. I love black and silver. I'm glad I got it in Fire Orange and that I sprung for the Tri Cree upgrade. To me, it's a gorgeous color, and I love the brighter and fuller blade you get with the Tri Crees. Had I known about that, I would have been ordering them in all of my stunts from the beginning. The extra battery drain doesn't seem to be too terrible. It's a really comfortable hilt. It's spot on 12.25" long, and 1.45" wide at the widest point. The chokes are right around 1.25" at the thinnest. With my big hands, I like to grip mine right on the emitter, and those three grooves really help me keep it where I want it in my hand. The chokes are also nice if you don't want to grip nearly 1.5" of saber. So, big hands like mine or smaller hands, this should be a comfortable hilt for most people. It's not loaded with details and greeblies, but that's how I like my beater sabers. Though, it's gorgeous enough that I'd gladly carry this on my hip in costume.

Anyway, some pics:

As you can see from the closeup on the pommel, I have some dings on there. That's 100% me, the saber arrived pristine. As usual with Ultrasabers, it was well wrapped in lots of bubble wrap and it was flawless. But, I like to mess with my sabers, they don't just sit and do nothing. So, it's got some marks. Nothing wrong with that, I like my stuff to look used. After all, stuff in the actual Star Wars movies has that used look. Smiley

And, a video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQBEAcFLAg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQBEAcFLAg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I didn't get as gabby as I sometimes do in my vids, as I was planning to do this write-up. I thought the partly cloudy sky with the setting sun made a nice lighting environment for the vid and pics. Due to the hours I keep, I do a lot of these things in artificial light, so it was nice to use natural light this time. Smiley

And, lastly, just a pic I did this morning when I got home from work. Zren Tobas posted a pic of him with his Dominix LE V3 in the "Pics of you and your saber" thread, and I thought that was a great idea, so I did one too. Happy accident that you can see the blade color as it really looks reflected in my TV:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:26:40 PM »

Great review. The more I see the v3 sabers the more I want one. And you can never go wrong with a black hilt and an orange blade. Would love to get me a Tri-FO saber sometime.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:34:02 PM »

Great review on your Dominix, SFD.  I have been looking at the V3 sabers as of late and the Aeon and Dominix are calling my name.  I too have an affinity the the Aeon and Dominix line and I'm trying my hardest not to order one right now.  The black and silver hilt with the FO is might fine in my opinion.  Have a point for an awesome review

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 11:44:54 PM »

Thanks guys.

@Infinit01:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6P40wLThbc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6P40wLThbc</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 12:36:07 AM »

Haha, you're both my good and and bad conscious. 

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:49:34 AM »

Excellent review SFD, The V3 line is my favorite spinning line, it has great choke points in the right spots. Doms/Aeon, Intiate/ Apprentice doesn't matter, they're all good. My Dark Initiate V3's are my favorites as in spinning and they are some of my favorite customizations I've done. Point for a job well done and the Tri-orange.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:12 AM »

Thanks DarthBoneTD. I still want an Initiate V3 (probably LE) with a Catalyst pommel for length. I think it will be an awesome spinner.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 01:23:49 AM »

Thanks DarthBoneTD. I still want an Initiate V3 (probably LE) with a Catalyst pommel for length. I think it will be an awesome spinner.

I have an all silver Initiate V3 with an all silver Catalyst pommel in my wishlist, haha. I like your taste, SFD.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 03:38:55 AM »

I’m blown away by how awsome that orange is. It’s just too bright. It’s like holding the sun. There should be a law against something so cool.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 06:49:31 AM »

I’m blown away by how awsome that orange is. It’s just too bright. It’s like holding the sun. There should be a law against something so cool.

That is what I think every time I hold my regular FO blade. I can't even imagine how beautiful Tri-FO would be.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 07:58:45 AM »

That is what I think every time I hold my regular FO blade. I can't even imagine how beautiful Tri-FO would be.

Stop it! I already cannot wait to receive my Tri-FO Butcher, and you all saying how awesome that color is doesn't help a bit Grin

Nice review btw! I'm a wee bit torn about whether I should put the V3s on my wishlist: On one hand they look so 'unappealing' to me, on the other hand everyone loves their handling… Well, let the grab bag decide whether I shall have one Wink

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »

Stop it! I already cannot wait to receive my Tri-FO Butcher, and you all saying how awesome that color is doesn't help a bit Grin

Nice review btw! I'm a wee bit torn about whether I should put the V3s on my wishlist: On one hand they look so 'unappealing' to me, on the other hand everyone loves their handling… Well, let the grab bag decide whether I shall have one Wink

Do it, I didn't appreciate how they look until I saw one in person, it's a great fusion of the V2s and the V4s so you have have classic V2 look with the MHS compatibility and grip section.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »

Thanks for the great replies, everyone. Smiley

Yes, V3s are awesome. The lines are graceful and I'd carry one on my belt, especially and LE, that's why I got a Covertec. However, the real appeal is the way they handle. Fire orange is a sweet color, and the Tri Cree just kicks it up a notch.

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »

Very nice review there SciFi!!  When I'm scanning through saberz the Dom in all black always catches my eye!!  I'm gonna scoop 1 of those up in da future!! Fire orange looks pretty slick cing the image in ur TV!! The guarded switch looks good wit that touch of red!!  Ups its Darkside!!  +1 4 u bra..

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

scifidude79