Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix LE V3 in Tri FO  (Read 4641 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »

Nice saber! I have a Dominix V4 in Tri-Cree FO and I have to say, If anyone is going for that color, don't do what I did and get an UE. It looks SO much better in a standard blade.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:02 PM »

Nice saber! I have a Dominix V4 in Tri-Cree FO and I have to say, If anyone is going for that color, don't do what I did and get an UE. It looks SO much better in a standard blade.

Yeah, I have an ultra edge blade in my other saber with FO. It looks a bit off. That and red just don't do well with the UE blades.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »

Yeah, I have an ultra edge blade in my other saber with FO. It looks a bit off. That and red just don't do well with the UE blades.

Agreed,
I’m not too fond of the popsicle look on them either

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 03:31:40 AM »

Awesome bro great review I like to see the staff in action

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 05:14:34 AM »

That is a nice saber. I’ve admired those tapered choke points in various videos, but your pics really show them off well. I’m not an experts saber spinner either, but it sure is fun—and kinda relaxing just playing with it. So I get exactly what you mean. They aren’t the sort of collectibles you just want to display Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »

Thanks guys. Smiley While I do have a QR coupler, (got it practically free) staffs aren't really my thing. I do find this a very comfortable hilt for spinning. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 11:41:03 AM »

Thanks guys. Smiley While I do have a QR coupler, (got it practically free) staffs aren't really my thing. I do find this a very comfortable hilt for spinning. Smiley

You're welcome and darn it, it's now in my wish list...

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »

Great review, starting to really like FO on black sabers.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »

Thanks, it's a great saber. Though, I am going to have to invest in some more thin walled blades. After spinning one of my Aeon V2s with a 32-inch midgrade during my days off, I picked up the Dominix LE V3 with its 32-inch heavy grade yestarday, and it seemed so heavy. The two hilts are very similar in weight, so it shouldn't have been that much heavier, so it has to be the blade.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »

It has to be the blade. I’ve spun with both my Aeon and Dominix V4s with no problems on a mid grade 32” blade for over an hour without fatigue

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 12:49:32 AM »

Oh, I know it's the blade. I don't know what I was thinking, paying extra for a heavy blade. Oh well, I can use it in a heavier hilt, like my Guardian when I finally build it. My Electrum Wind came with a 36-inch midgrade UE blade, which I cut down to 32" and stuck in my Dominix LE V2. I put a 32-inch UEHG into the Electrum Wind and it's really well balanced because it's a heavier hilt.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 01:34:11 AM »

Balancing out your Electrum Wind with a UEHG blade, smart move.  I was looking st one until Ive seen it’s actual size so I may hold off on it for now. How do you like the EW?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 11:20:48 AM »

Crap, Emperor's Hand, not Electrum Wind. The Electrum Wind doesn't need a blade, it's disassembled. The Emperor's Hand was actually well balanced with the 36" UEMG blade that came with it, but I like shorter blades. (tall, ceiling, etc) By going to a 32" UEHG blade, I get the same balance with a shorter blade.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »

Crap, Emperor's Hand, not Electrum Wind. The Electrum Wind doesn't need a blade, it's disassembled. The Emperor's Hand was actually well balanced with the 36" UEMG blade that came with it, but I like shorter blades. (tall, ceiling, etc) By going to a 32" UEHG blade, I get the same balance with a shorter blade.

Okay, cool.  Do you prefer 36" if you're spinning or wielding outdoors? Or is it 32" all around?  I'm 5'10 and I prefer the 32" blade myself, it feels better and I don't tend to smack things with it like I've done with the 36" blade.  I agree with the EH, it's well balanced, I love mine with the UEMG as well.  I was surprised as to how comfortable it was to wield in my hand

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: