Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber in Violet Amethyst  (Read 1561 times)
KJI_13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

« on: September 19, 2018, 09:35:02 PM »

Hello Saber Forum,

I just uploaded my second saber review video - please check it out when you have a chance.  Saber specs included below for reference.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD_EjTNyT1w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><br /><br />Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber in Violet Amethyst<br />•&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Stunt saber (no sound)<br />•&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Standard 4xAAA battery setup (I use Eneloop rechargeable NiMH batteries)<br />•&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;36&quot; Ultra-edge Midgrade blade<br />•&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Silver AV Switch<br />•&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Machined Vertical Grooves<br /><br />Thanks for watching.<br /></a>

May the Force be with you, always.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:47:17 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum KJI, I have to say, I've been on the fence about this saber for awhile. Didn't know if I'd like it enough. After seeing it up close and personal in your video review, and it's even in the blade color I want, I am sold. Looks like I have another saber that must get added to the collection. Thanks for the straightforward review. Just what I needed to know.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KJI_13
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:00:30 PM »

Glad it was helpful, Malik, and thank you for the warm welcome to the forum.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:04:09 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, KJI. You ordered a perfect saber to your collection, the DSI is gorgeous with the vertical grooves. I like it in VA as well! 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:50:27 PM »

That's another awesome saber, great blade color too. I really like that silver AV on there, it really pops.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 02:08:17 AM »

I agree, the silver AV looks great! I like the VA very much. I think I like it in VA better than mine in BR!! Good choice.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 04:26:30 AM »

Very nice, like others have said, the silver AV looks great on it.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 09:57:56 PM »

And still another great review.

Have you looked into using a filter/diffuser on your camera lense? It may help to "soften" the color to make it more as how your eye sees the color.

Just a suggestion. Maybe use some effect editing to change it post production.

Diffuser is not the word i'm looking for, but i've been away from photography for too long to remember the terminology i'm looking for.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

KJI_13
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »

And still another great review.

Have you looked into using a filter/diffuser on your camera lense? It may help to "soften" the color to make it more as how your eye sees the color.

Just a suggestion. Maybe use some effect editing to change it post production.

Diffuser is not the word i'm looking for, but i've been away from photography for too long to remember the terminology i'm looking for.

Thanks Chalion. Are you thinking of a filter?  Maybe a blue (skylight) type filter to punch up the blue light and tone down the red/pinkish hue?  Good idea - I'll give it some thought for my next video review.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 10:35:52 PM »

Could be. I started with film cameras back in the day and they didn't suffer with the problems modern digital cameras/camcorders/etc have. Course, we didn't have LED lights back then, either.

Filter, polarizer or something of the sort. I remember have a dual ring filter that you could turn both at the same time to change how the camera lenses were affected by lights or the sun. It's just annoying me I can't remember the names of them. I'll have to check some of the online camera studios to see if I can job this over-caffeinated brain of mine.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:03 AM »

Nice review, the DSI is growing more and more on me Wink

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 05:48:12 AM »

You’ve shown this saber off so well that it just moved up several notches on my want list. Great video. Your photography skills are quite apparent and appreciated  Smiley

P.S. I’ve gone through all of your vids and enjoyed them—and your upgrades—very much. I’m your first subscriber, mister!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »

I received one of these recently, from a MB I purchased during the fall raffle. GB Led and guarded switch though. I really like the pommel, though I would have liked it more if the 2 groves matched the thickness of the ones in the main part of the hilt, or just one that is thicker. I may suggest this in the wish list forums, maybe with vents too for sound.

You sound like a fellow guild member I know in mumble who plays Star Wars The Old Republic in S.W.A.T., on the Star Forge Server.

Also subscribed.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 05:17:06 AM »

I watched this one again since it came back up to the top. When I first saw this saber, I thought the veritable grooves might be too much. Bit seeing the close up and beautiful presentation in this video, I love the grooves. I think it works really well with a silver switch on this because of all the silver accents.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: