Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My Custom Legendary Overlord "On The Razors Edge"  (Read 7233 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: November 26, 2011, 03:55:55 AM »

I Got My Overlord Two Days Early  Grin Grin Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Ultrasabers, You Guys Are The Best Wink!!! and Great Decision Going With Fed Ex Over UPS Wink!!!)

Without Further Adieu:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKXxwwHOaBw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKXxwwHOaBw</a>

(The "person" I Refer To In The Video (That Said That This Saber Would "NEVER" Return and That I Would "Never" Have It, Is No One That Is Still Here In The Forums Wink!!! (Just Wanted To Clarify That Wink)

To Quote Mark Hamill:

(and I Will Modify This Quote Slightly Wink!!!)

"Don't **** With A Sith Lord... Son..." Wink lmao!!!

Anyway, Hope You All Enjoy Wink!!!

This Is Probably Going Up As One of My Top 3 Favorite Sabers In My Collection Cool

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 03:58:51 AM »

Point for you.

I'd really like an overlord for sure.

Also, that pommel looks bichin. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:23:21 AM »

I'm so happy for you, you finally got it!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 04:45:04 AM »

I still admire the pommel.  It just makes it truely unique.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 04:52:15 AM »

It Is Beautiful Wraith!!! The DVA Is Amazing. I just purchased an mls unit in that color yesterday to complete my saberbuild. The pommel fit perfect on the hilt. Congrats on the saber.
p.s i love the dogs!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 11:31:19 PM »

Thank You All For Your Praise and Congratulations Wink!!!!!

I Wanted To Give Everyone A Small Update Regarding The Pyrestone Orange MLS Unit and Give You A Couple of Tips On Some Small Manipulations That Can Give You Different Effects Wink!!!

I Was Playing With The Pyrestone Orange Last Night, and I Discovered Something Very Interesting...

Pyrestone Orange (With One Trust Fire 900mAH 3.7 Volt Battery and One Dummy Cell):

(As You Can See, You Get A Very Gold Hew... This Is Why I Commented On The Video That I Saw It As A More Gold Color Than Orange...)

However... Wink

If You Use 2 Rechargeable AA Batteries By Energizer (1.2 Volts A Piece)... This Is The Effect That You Get:

(Now, This Is Pyrestone Orange Wink!!!  A Very Burnt Red Orange, Very Cool, and Very Unique Within The Saber Community Wink!!!)

It Seems That The More Power That The Saber Get's... The More Gold Your Going To See... However If You Use The Two Rechargeable Batteries (1.2 Volts A Piece, Normal (Duracell, Energizer, Etc...) AA Batteries Run At 1.5 Volts A Piece) You Are Going To Get The More Reddish Orange Effect of The "Pyrestone Orange"... Wink!!!

We're Talking About A Difference of 1.3 Volts To .7 Volts... But That Seems To Be Enough To Grant Either A Gold, or With The Less Voltage, The "Pyrestone Orange"  (Reddish Orange)

I Find This Fascinating Wink!!! and It Makes Me Want To Get A SRD MLS Unit and Play With It In The Same Way, To See What Different Affects I Can Produce Wink!!! 

(More To Come, When I Get Other MLS Units Wink!!!)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »

Was the dummy cell just sitting in the battery holder or was it glued it?  I might try this but I don't have any rechargeable batteries.

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »

Point for an awesome saber!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:18 AM »

Was the dummy cell just sitting in the battery holder or was it glued it?  I might try this but I don't have any rechargeable batteries.

It Is Not Glued...

That Would Suck... and Possibly Pose Some Pretty Serious Problems To The Saber (Blocking The Circuit)...

It's Just Sitting In There As A Normal Battery Would Be, So No Worries Wink!!!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »

Nice saber. So if I upload lets Old Republic Jedi font I will most likely run into some problems? I'm getting my first Obsidian saber next week so I was just wondering about that. Thanks.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

No, i think it was only his custom fonts that were getting some problems. The old repub. jedi font is one of ultra's. those should work fine.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »

Great saber Wraith, glad you finally got your "Holy Grail" haha.  One piece of advice though, I would try to avoid using the alkalines - underpowering a circuit can be just as dangerous as overpowering it sometimes.  I wouldn't want you to ruin your baby Wink  I suggest trying out some Lee filters to get the shade of orange you want.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 05:12:12 AM »

Viewing your still photos again I just noticed the pointed tip, I like this look and may get some as well.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »

Great saber Wraith, glad you finally got your "Holy Grail" haha.  One piece of advice though, I would try to avoid using the alkalines - underpowering a circuit can be just as dangerous as overpowering it sometimes.  I wouldn't want you to ruin your baby Wink  I suggest trying out some Lee filters to get the shade of orange you want.

Thanks For The Advice Nero Wink, Actually The Truth Is That I Love The Gold Shade I Get From The One 3.7 Li Ion Battery Wink!!!  So I Don't Think I'll Be Putting The Alkalines Back In Any Time Soon Wink!!!

But I Do Appreciate The Warning  Wink, If The Overlord Ever Died On Me, I Think A Big Chunk of My Soul Might Go With It...  Cry

@ To Darth Cantus:

No... Your Fine Using The Old Republic Fonts Wink!!! Darth Tratus Was Right... The Only Fonts That You Might Have Problems With Would Be The Custom One's That I Created... Other Peoples Fonts May Be Fine... I'm Not Sure To Be Honest...

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 12:41:18 AM »

Curses. Now I don't know if my fantasy Archon needs to be SY or PO.....  Tongue lol But that IS a great looking goldish orange!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: