Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: TOR... Disappointment, Realization, and What Matters Most...  (Read 11249 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: November 26, 2011, 04:53:38 AM »

So I Played The Beta Today...  and I Realized A Few Things...

First of All... I Did Everything I Was Doing With TOR Today While Mistress Rayne Was Preparing For Christmas, and Doing Many Things That I Should Have Been Involved With... But Wasn't Because I Was To Busy Messing With TOR...

Once I Realized This... It Broke My Heart  Cry and I Realized That My Priorities Were Massively Out of Place...

Not Only Was This The Case, But My Computer Could Barely Keep Up With The Graphics and Performance of The Game... (I Spent At Least 30 Mins Alone Just Messing With The Graphical Settings, In An Attempt To Make The Game Play Correctly...)

I Had To Turn The Graphics Down To The BARE MINIMUM!!! (Turning Many Aspects Off Completely...) and Even At The Bare Minimum... I Couldn't Get The Game To Play As It Was Intended, and The Graphics Had Been Reduced To What Looked Like Worse Than XBOX (Original) Graphics...

(This Is One of The Reasons Why I Have Never Been Big Into (and Sometimes Utterly Hated) PC Gaming... Something I Always Loved About Console Gaming, Is Simply That If The Game Said XBOX On It, or Play Station... That (Guess What Wink lol) It Would Play Perfectly Fine On The System It Was Designed For...  This Has NEVER Been The Case With PC Gaming... You Always Have To Check Graphics Cards... Sound Cards... and A Multitude of Of Other Issues Before You Know For Sure If The Game Will Play On Your Computer... (The Only Way Around This Is To... Play On A MAC... Mac's Do Not Have These Same Issues... and In All Honesty, I Am Being Driven More To The "Mac Side of The Force" With Every Passing Day... (Lack of Viruses, Play of All Games With MAC On It (As Long As Your Computer Is New Enough))...

(Just So You Guys Know... I Have A Only 1 Year Old $1,000.00 HP Desktop, and Not Even That Could Keep Up With The Graphical Demands of The Game...)

In All... I Spent Around 3 to 4 Hours Fighting With The Game... I Was Angry... Disappointed... and I Had Been Ignoring The One Person That Means More Than Anything To Me In This World...

After Everything Was Said and Done, I Wondered... "Why Am I Doing This..." 

I Realized That To Truly Play This Game As I Desired, and Get What I Desired Out of It... I Would Have To Essentially Dedicate My Life To It... and This Is Something I Am Simply Not Willing To Do...

(I Now Fully Understand Why So Many Have Said That They Would Have Rather Seen KOTOR 3 Come Out Rather Than This (What Felt So Cheap In All Honesty...) MMORPG Version of KOTOR... and I Now Fully Share This Opinion...)

So In Short... I'm Sorry Swam... But I Will Most Likely Not Be Playing TOR At All (or Very Little Far In The Future)... I Love The Concept of This Game... But I Will Not Become One of These Pathetic Single Guys In Their Mom's Basement Playing WOW and Completely Ignoring The Outside World... (I'm Not Saying That You Guys Are This... I Am Simply Saying That This Is What I Would Have To Become... To Play This Game The Way I Would Want To Play It...

I Have Had Many Issues On The Job Front In The Past Several Months, and I MUST FIND AND MAINTAIN A STABLE JOB To Provide For My Family, and Preserve The Core of What Allows Me To Keep Breathing In This Screwed Up World... My Family Smiley  My Lora and My Two Little Pups Smiley!!! 

If I Played This Game The Way I Want To Play It.... I Would End Up Failing Utterly Regarding A Job, and I Would End Up Loosing My Family and All I Hold Dear, All For A ******* Video Game... I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO TRANSPIRE!!!!!

So, I Hope You Guys Enjoy The Game... But I Will Most Likely Cancel My Reserve For It... and Ignore It's Launch... Sorry...

(This Was NOT INTENDED As A "Rage Post"... I Am Merely Attempting To Express My Feelings Regarding TOR At The Current Time... and To Let The Community Know That I Do Not Plan On Pursuing This Game Any Further...)

This Is Goodbye To The Game That I Waited For So Long For... and Loved With Such Intensity For So Long Until Recently...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:58:33 AM »

::nods solemnly::

the main reason why I don't play PC games is because of the things you mentioned,  it seems silly to me to have to  upgrade PC components every couple years to keep up.  It isn't really practical to me. 

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:01:20 AM »

Sorry to hear  that wraith. I feel the same way though. i would much rather see a kotor3. I go to school every day, playsoccer after school everyday and travel for soccer games/tournaments every weekend. If i really wanted to play this game i would probably end up doing bad and school, and my soccer wouldget worse. That is something i would not want because soccer is my life.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:07:53 AM »

Yeah, I'm gonna make my own post about this game in my own topic.....

Sorry to hear this Wraith. I know how much you wanted to play this game.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 05:11:24 AM »

"(I Now Fully Understand Why So Many Have Said That They Would Have Rather Seen KOTOR 3 Come Out Rather Than This (What Felt So Cheap In All Honesty...) MMORPG Version of KOTOR... and I Now Fully Share This Opinion...)"

If they had made KOTOR 3 it would have been what the new Revan novel is about.

IT would have been totally awesome.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:19:42 AM »

"(I Now Fully Understand Why So Many Have Said That They Would Have Rather Seen KOTOR 3 Come Out Rather Than This (What Felt So Cheap In All Honesty...) MMORPG Version of KOTOR... and I Now Fully Share This Opinion...)"

If they had made KOTOR 3 it would have been what the new Revan novel is about.

IT would have been totally awesome.

Yes it Would!!! thats my favorite book, and kotor's are my favorite games

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »

Makes me sad but I understand. I have to say though the difference between playing by yourself and with a group in this game is amazing. Quests fly by, story is far more amusing when competing for responses. Its really great.
There does have to be that balance between job social life and gaming though and for many its hard or impossible to do. Me I have a full time job, and a circle of friends i get together with fairly regularly. I have been badly burned by a few women in the past and am not looking for a relationship right now so I have the time to play the game.
Wraith I wish you well, wish we could have ventured into the galaxy and fought the republic together.

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »

I completely agree with you, Wraith. I desperately wished for a KOTOR 3, and when they announced that TOR was going to be a MMORPG I was most disappointed. I am disappointed to hear that the game will be that much harder to play, due to the system requirements. Sigh... KOTOR 2, the Sith Lords, pretty much ruined video games for me. Nothing else has been as cool to me as that game. Grin Amazing story, cool options, LIGHTSABERS, Force powers, Light or Dark Side decisions, man- that game had it all.

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »

in a way this game is kotor 3-11. each characters story line alone is over twice the length of kotor.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »

SWTOR is a new game, that being said it will have the latest graphics and software available. More so than WOW . I play WoW about 2 hrs each evening during the week after I get the kids to bed . I will be playing SWTOR during that time once it releases . On this or any major MMOG you have to make time for it, and not let it interfere with your life. You can enjoy it in moderation. But it is not hard for the game to overcome you so you have to be a bit careful. If your afraid it will interfere with your life don't get it. If you have a PC you can always upgrade your graphics card. SWTOR plays fine on my desktop, but on my wife's I had to lower all the settings. You also have to take in account this weekends test is a server stress test. They are maxing out the population to see how many servers they will need at release and this will make your game latent and a bit choppy as well . When I played the Beta 2 weekends ago they only had half the servers they had this weekend.i hate to hear you won't be playing the game , but you have my respect for having your priorities strait! Wife,kids,family,and job first!!

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »

As much as I wanted to meet up with you in-game Wraith, I'm glad to hear you've made the mature decision to put the important things first.  Like you said, priorities.  I'm also frustrated with PC gaming, considering that I too need to buy a new laptop to support this game (granted mine is over 5 years old...) so I feel your pain there.

Let us know if you ever decide to join up again... we'll all welcome you back with open arms, even if you are a Sith Wink

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »

Not Only Was This The Case, But My Computer Could Barely Keep Up With The Graphics and Performance of The Game... (I Spent At Least 30 Mins Alone Just Messing With The Graphical Settings, In An Attempt To Make The Game Play Correctly...)

I Had To Turn The Graphics Down To The BARE MINIMUM!!! (Turning Many Aspects Off Completely...) and Even At The Bare Minimum... I Couldn't Get The Game To Play As It Was Intended,

These have always been the reasons why I have never liked playing computer games, but figured I would give this one a chance.  Maybe they will have time to fix the issues.  I know I will not upgrade my computer since it is just 3 months old.

I know you can't undue what you did, but you can now turn your attention to those that really matter;  Mistress Rayne, your babys (puppies), and the rest of your family members.  Go get that personalized photo christmas card Grin

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »

Turns out I won't even be able to beta test.  I've run into so many problems just trying to get everything installed and now I come to find I need a little more disk space so I have to reallocate my hard drive.  Honestly I've lost my interest in this game without even playing.  I pre-ordered and frankly I'm ready to sell that too and wait until they come out with the Mac client.  Too bad i already redeemed my code.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »

I'll give it one more chance this weekend.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »

I say patience...... Just wait for things to get ironed out. Everything gets better with time, and I'm pretty sure this game will. Im going to wait a few months before I start playing.

As for what you are doing Wraith, you have a lot more self control than most men, and I applaud you for that. Feel great about your decision  Wink.

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: