Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: TOR... Disappointment, Realization, and What Matters Most...  (Read 11227 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »

I Wanted To Thank Everyone For Their Compassion and Understanding Smiley

Not To Get All Sappy... But I Really Love You Guys Wink!!!  I Have Loved This Community Ever Since It Was Established, and You Guys Have Become Like A Second Family and A Second Home For Me Smiley!!!

and I Am Truly Sorry To Swam and All The Others That I Have Disappointed With This Decision  Undecided... I Promise That I Would Not Be Making This Decision If It Were Not Absolutely Critical...

Also, I Am Not Saying That I Will Never Play This Game... But Some Things Are Going To Have To Happen To Greatly Reduce The Stress and Frustration In Attempting To Play It... (It Come Out On XBOX 360, PS3, or I Get A Mac...) 

(Also, I Know The Chances of This Game Coming Out On PS3 or XBOX 360 Are Virtually 0%... But I Did Want To Say That If It Would Come Out On Those Platforms... I Might Reconsider My Decision To Some Slight Degree...)

(I Recently Played DC Universe Online On The PS3, and Though It Did Have It's Issues... It Was Fun To Play... and Because It Wasn't Like Pulling Teeth To Play It, I Was Able To Pick It Up For A Couple of Hours, and Put It Down Just As Quickly... Hopefully TOR Will Broaden It's Horizons In The Future...)

(Also... If They Do Not Fix The Problems With The Graphical Demands To Play The Game... I Promise You All, That In This Down Economy... THE GAME WILL FAIL... I Don't Say This Out of Anger, or Disappointment, I Say This Purely Out of The Factual Knowledge That PEOPLE Simply DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE THE PEAK PERFORMANCE PC THAT THIS GAME IS DEMANDING...  Our Country Is Falling Apart  Undecided... People Are Worried About Feeding Their Families... Not Buying An Alienware To Play The Newest and Hottest PC Game...)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »

Societies always rise and fall, have pitfalls and peaks, but there are two things that can never be taken from anyone without considerable effort:  family and education.  If you are persistent enough, they cannot take your lightsaber as well.  Take care of yourself and you will that these things are true. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 03:06:30 AM »

To think I just ordered a laptop to play this game too... oh well.  It works ok on my brother's Dell XPS, it's pretty new (he got it in the summer for college).  Had to tweak some settings with graphics, but otherwise it's not bad.  We'll see how it goes.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 03:23:32 AM »

Hmm, so much for their designing a game that "you didn't need to have a new computer to play on".

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 03:26:33 AM »

my computer cost me 800 about 3 years ago and I can run all settings on high with no issues.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 03:36:45 AM »

...and so it shall be. Jammo and Dreaming will throw it down in the yard with our various sabers instead of playing TOR...

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »

my computer cost me 800 about 3 years ago and I can run all settings on high with no issues.

Forgive Me Swam, But I Have To Ask...

Did You Put Your Computer Together Yourself... (Choosing Custom Parts Personally, and Have Someone Put It Together For You)...

(This Is Commonly Done By Those Who Know What They Are Doing... I Know Many People Who Have Gone To Fry's Electronics and Had This Done...)

(Problem With Me Is... I Have No Idea What Parts I Need, and How They Would Go Together...)

I Have Herd That This Is A Way You Can Put A $2,000 to $3,000 Dollar Computer For Far Far Cheaper...

If This Is Not The Case, Please Forgive Me...  What Brand Did You Buy That Has Served You So Well...

I've Got A HP  Undecided... It Plays KOTOR I Perfectly... Played Jedi Outcast Perfectly... and Jedi Academy... But For Whatever Reason... TOR Doesn't Agree With My Computer...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »

I got mine from new egg. Basically its a custom built. I cant put them together eiter so I bought all the parts from them using a template they had and they assembled it. If you want a good new pc on the cheap new egg is the way to go.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »

I'm Going To Join The Fringe... and Begin To Hope Against Hope That TOR Might Someday Come To The Playstation 3... or The XBOX 360...

I Know This Might Take Years...  But What If...

http://www.asggaming.com/2010/09/star-wars-old-republic-on-consoleswhy.html

As I Have Stated Previously... I Am Nearly Absolutely Turned Off By PC Gaming... However I Am A Proud Owner of A Xbox 360 and A PS3...

To Me It Would Make A Lot of Since To Bring The Game To The PS3... The System Already Has The Ability To Use A Mouse and Keyboard... and Is The Most Powerful System On The Market When It Comes To Graphics...

I Would Be Elated If They Did This... But I Worry That This Might Never Happen... I Would Probably Do Better Just Picking Up A Mac...

But Well... Just Check Out The Prices On Those Things and Feel My Frustration...

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac/select

I Just Payed Of My Computer, and I Simply Don't Have The Money To Spend On This...

Dear Bioware... If You Ever Read This, PLEASE BRING SWTOR TO THE PS3 or XBOX 360!!!!!  It Would Make The Whole Process About 1,000,000 Times Easier!!!!! For Many Many Star Wars Fans That Don't Have The Money or Patience To Deal With The MANY MANY PC Issues...

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

This would be amazing!!! I would never stop playing if it came to the 360!!! it would be so much easier.
I will be making my computer soon for gaming. My dad is good at that stuff Grin I want to at least try this game out. I doubt i will like it though. I never like mmo's

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »

Wow, sad to see people disliking the game. I've been playing all weekend and I gotta say it's the most fun I've had with any MMORPG. Steady FPS rates averaging around 120, and surprisingly good graphics (running everything on the highest settings), and no lag at all.. A couple of bugs here and there, but still very enjoyable. I think it's a blast and I'll definitely be playing it for real later on.

Nevertheless, sad to see people experiencing problems with the game. :/

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

FinalAsgard
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

I am the final Asgard... Stupid suicidal race.

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »

I spent a considerable time playing this weekend and I rather enjoy the game. My graphics are not at the max but I was able to turn them up fairly high sometimes. When there are too many people on it seems I have to turn then down to minimum to keep up.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the time commitment to MMOs. My wife and I finally unhooked ourselves completely from WoW earlier this year, and I dread getting involved in another MMO... But it's Star Wars! Lol.

This time I will be a lot more laid back in my playtime. I do not need to max level a month into the game so I can raid with everyone. I will go at my own pace, enjoying the game; or else I will quit playing. Life and family are too important to spend all my time in the game.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it.

Oh wait, one more thing. This is beta weekend, since you cannot play anytime other than this weekend you will want to play more than you would normally. So don't get too discouraged that you spent a lot of time in the game this weekend. Next month playing an hour a day will be possible, so you will likely naturally limit game time.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 11:39:04 PM »

I want to at least try this game out. I doubt i will like it though. I never like mmo's

I Don't Know If It's Just Me... But There's Something About Making Something Into An MMO That Makes It Feel So... Cheap... I Feel Like It Cheapens The Experience To Make Something Into An MMO...

I Would Much Rather Play A Straight Forward RPG... (Examples) KOTOR I and II, Mass Efect I and II, Fable I (Lost Chapters) II, and III))

It's Just My Opinion...

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »

I Don't Know If It's Just Me... But There's Something About Making Something Into An MMO That Makes It Feel So... Cheap... I Feel Like It Cheapens The Experience To Make Something Into An MMO...

I Would Much Rather Play A Straight Forward RPG... (Examples) KOTOR I and II, Mass Efect I and II, Fable I (Lost Chapters) II, and III))

It's Just My Opinion...

Exactly!!!!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 07:12:26 AM »

Exactly!!!!

Glad To Know It's Not Just Me Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: