Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from Sacramento, California  (Read 2704 times)
Forever
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 21, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »

Hi everyone, I have two sabers and am looking to purchase my final one. I love this website and this product!

This place has given me a killer Halloween costume, the lightsabers here always are extremely impressive. I am a coach in a large sport and the kids I work with are always completely amazed by the quality and brightness.

Anyways I just registered to ask a few questions about my next saber.

Maybe veterans can help me?

I'm going for the absolute brightest blade possible.

I know it'll have to be a midgrade without the ultra edge coating (or am I wrong?)

Will making it extra long make it dimmer because it has to supply power to a longer blade?

Emerald driver vs diamond? Are diamond blades brighter?

If I get an emerald without sound, or a diamond and then turn sound off. Will it supply more battery power to the blade itself?

The blade is stunning and super bright already on my current red saber (my arctic blue saber failed me and is not as bright as I had hoped)

However the facility i coach in is super brightly lit with LEDs and i really want my final saber to be obnoxiously bright.

Thanks so much for reading my brief intro and then massive amounts of questions. Thanks in advance for advice.

I was leaning towards a scorpion or a fulcrum/lost gray.

Any suggestions?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »

Hello Forever, and welcome to the forum.

I know it'll have to be a midgrade without the ultra edge coating (or am I wrong?) Ultra edge blades are meant to make the blade look fuller while the mid grade gives that tubing look when it's on.

Look at this post to see the difference between the ultraedge and mid grade blades in the picture between a Scorpion and the Aeon:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15097.msg658883#msg658883

Also see the follow FAQ: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

Will making it extra long make it dimmer because it has to supply power to a longer blade? Not really but with the single LEDs, you will notice that it does taper off towards the tip as far as brightness goes but the entire blade will still be illuminated.  Now, if you want brightness from emitter to blade tip, I recommend the Tri-Cree LED setups since it's 3 LED running the color down the blade, it's bright and it doesn't dim towards the end of the blade.

Emerald driver vs diamond? Are diamond blades brighter?  Emerald driver and Diamond controllers are boards that drives the Quad-Cree LEDs giving them the ability to set and use different colors, meaning that they are used to change the colors of the blade so it doesn't affect brightness between the two since they both use the same LEDs anyhow.  Unlike single colored LED sabers, the Emerald and Diamond controller come with different preset colors or you can change the colors of the blade by plugging it into your computer and using the software to customize your color. The names are given to the boards themselves

Daimond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_JnymMg2d4

Emerald: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4-zyArmAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q

If you use any saber without sound, the saber will last much longer since the power is only used on the LEDs and not both.

Due to you wanting a really bright saber, I recommend opting for the Tri-Cree colors.  

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »

Therion Jinn on the forums here actually does a great assessment on this in his video. It helped me select my own blades since I'm just starting out as well.
Here's that link:
https://youtu.be/AHM_5uyVaMw

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:02:26 PM »

Therion Jinn on the forums here actually does a great assessment on this in his video. It helped me select my own blades since I'm just starting out as well.
Here's that link:

That's not Therion Jinn, that's Darth Cephalus who's also a member of the forums here but the video is correct.   Grin

Forever
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »

Here's that link:

Wow that video is super helpful thank you!

Still unsure, so basically emerald and diamond will have the exact same brightness, it just changes the sound correct?

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 07:25:11 PM »

That's not Therion Jinn, that's Darth Cephalus who's also a member of the forums here but the video is correct.   Grin

Ah my bad! Lol idk how I made that mistake. It's right there in the vid name lol. Thanks Infinit. Point.

Edit: I had the link saved in my defense and had just copy pasted it quick in response without checking the actual name. For some reason I thought I remembered Therion posting it here. Just in case either of them see this so they can see I attempted to explain myself lol

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »

Wow that video is super helpful thank you!

Still unsure, so basically emerald and diamond will have the exact same brightness, it just changes the sound correct?

Emerald is an LED driver that let's you change the colors.

Diamond is a sound and LED board that let's you change colors and sound.

The brightness will be the same for either, though I think Emerald you can control how bright, but max brightness would be the same in both.

Forever
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys bought an Emerald/Obsidian Scorpion

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 10:12:35 PM »

Did you check out the video for the diamond? It's not much more than the Emerald (I think you save $15-20) and you can customize a lot more with it. It includes sound and to me has better sensory movement. In addition to Infinit's link above check this: https://youtu.be/uBnP6jMnG-E
And this video: https://youtu.be/qwICWfOlLEI

If you change your mind you might be able to change the order quick if email them.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »

Welcome! Glad you found the answers you were looking for, and I hope you love your new purchase Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 10:39:14 PM »

Ah my bad! Lol idk how I made that mistake. It's right there in the vid name lol. Thanks Infinit. Point.

Edit: I had the link saved in my defense and had just copy pasted it quick in response without checking the actual name. For some reason I thought I remembered Therion posting it here. Just in case either of them see this so they can see I attempted to explain myself lol

No worries, we all make mistakes.  I mistakenly got the wrong member a few times when I started myself so no biggie, was just a heads up is all.  Have a point back for being constant and being helpful.

Thanks for the replies guys bought an Emerald/Obsidian Scorpion

You're welcome, I look forward to seeing your saber.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »

Ello

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 02:59:14 AM »

Welcome to the forum

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 12:02:00 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 02:21:58 PM »

welcome to the forum. i have a diamond controller saber (Emperor's Hand). i am still learning all the cool things you can do with it. for me, it's complicated. it is very cool however. i think your going to have fun getting to know it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: