Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: I'm Out.  (Read 6769 times)
Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 11:26:41 PM »

They are still getting good money.  They have been closing a few post offices here in North Dakota where the towns are real small, and suggesting that a local store merchant be a postal substation...kinda like Mr Drucker on Green Acres Cheesy 

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »

They are still getting good money.  They have been closing a few post offices here in North Dakota where the towns are real small, and suggesting that a local store merchant be a postal substation...kinda like Mr Drucker on Green Acres Cheesy 

Oh, they're still making good money, I just heard they don't treat you that good anymore.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 11:54:41 PM »

I think that is in any job now adays where a company only hires the minimum of employees to do a job, then when one needs/takes vacation all heck breaks loose. That combined with supervisors that barely knows what to do and has to manage others when they can barely manage themselves...My wife is going through that on her job.

After you work there a while you can become a disgruntled employee (reference to what occured at a post office several years ago)

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 12:04:39 AM »

I think that is in any job now adays where a company only hires the minimum of employees to do a job, then when one needs/takes vacation all heck breaks loose. That combined with supervisors that barely knows what to do and has to manage others when they can barely manage themselves...My wife is going through that on her job.

After you work there a while you can become a disgruntled employee (reference to what occured at a post office several years ago)

That's kinda what my job is like. I have a manager who thinks "managing" means leaving others in charge while he does nothing. They also decided to cut hours this week. They left me on register this morning, alone on the floor, and all the customers were getting pissed cause they need help, but no one was there to help them.(I can't exactly help someone while I'm checking out customers.)

(Sig by me!)

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 12:21:14 AM »

I feel your pain wraith. I spent 9 months filling out 10-20 job applications a day before I got the job I have now. was a very stressful time when I was living on ramen just so I could pay my rent with money I made donating plasma. not a fun time.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 04:39:51 AM »

I Wanted To Thank Everybody For Their Support and Kind Words...

(and Sorry For the Thread Jack... Thread Jack... lol, You Have To Love The Irony... lol)

Unfortunately

Yesterday... I Had A Second Interview With A Company Regarding What I Thought (Cause This Is What They Told me) Was Going To Be A Sales Job Where I Went To Military Bases and Sold Them Cleaning Supplies For Their Equipment...

Yeah...

Apparently That's The Same Thing As Me Getting Sent Out To The Front of An Exon Gas Station... Where I Was Supposed To Approach "Joe" While He Filled His Gas Tank... and Tried To Get Him To Buy Somekind of Cleaning Supply For His Car...

I'm An Idiot Right... Cause That Has To Be The Same Thing As What They Told Me Originally... Cause There's No Way They Could Ever Lie To Me Right  Roll Eyes...

Squeeze Me While I Go Vomit...  Lips sealed  Undecided  This Really Sucks...

If Somebody Could Give Me The Winning Lottery Numbers... I Would Be Really Appreciative...   Wink...  Cry

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 12:26:01 AM »

Thanks to Darth Wraith for making his post, and saving me some disappointment down the road.

If his year old, $1,000 machine can barely run this game, I highly doubt my 4 year old, $400 POS that I'm typing this on, will be able to run this thing at all. It would probably blow up while running the opening cinematic. Undecided

I want to get a new one sometime soon, as mine is having some issues again (it happens every few months with this thing), but I can't afford it at this moment.

I also will likely not have any time for it anyway. My job is kinda crappy, so I'm kinda trying to get a second one. I've also decided to try and go to college(finally) next Fall.

Plus, like Wraith, I CAN NOT, and frankly WILL NOT devote my life to that game the way I'd have to to really play it, and get the most out of it. I'll have to devote most of my time to work and school(when I go back), and I can't let my plan to go to College fall through, or not work out because of a silly video game. I've DREAMED of going since I graduated High School, and this is the first time it may work out for me.

Plus if I devoted my life to a video game, my parents would kill me...... Cheesy Or at least kick me out of the house.

Trust this college grad, there is PLENTY of time to play some video games in college and still do well.  Some weeks are super busy of course, like midterms and finals...but during others you just won't have any papers, exams or really anything important due.  Since you mostly only spend a few hours a day actually in lectures, if you tackle the homework when you get home, it leaves plenty of time every night for gaming/whatever and the weekends are usually totally free unless something is due or you're working as well.  Also, live in the dorms and befriend someone with a kickass computer since so many parents buy their kids a nice one as a going away present.  Baevar's got ya covered.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 04:10:45 AM »

Trust this college grad, there is PLENTY of time to play some video games in college and still do well.  Some weeks are super busy of course, like midterms and finals...but during others you just won't have any papers, exams or really anything important due.  Since you mostly only spend a few hours a day actually in lectures, if you tackle the homework when you get home, it leaves plenty of time every night for gaming/whatever and the weekends are usually totally free unless something is due or you're working as well.  Also, live in the dorms and befriend someone with a kickass computer since so many parents buy their kids a nice one as a going away present.  Baevar's got ya covered.

I wish my college experience had been remotely like that!  I was lucky to get time on the weekends... but I wont derail this thread.  Good luck with college TJ!

Oh and PS, if you keep an eye out for deals on computers you can score.  I just bought a brand new Dell XPS that runs TOR like a dream for just under $1100 total...

Kezz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 08:26:18 AM »

I'd consider myself fairly computer savvy and have worked in the technology field for 10 years.  I used to build my own gaming computers back in the day through Newegg and Tigerdirect but seriously the last 3 computers I've gotten I've gone to cyberpowerpc.  I can't even build my own computer for the same price they get their components for.  Make sure you customize yours so that you're not getting cheap parts.  I'm still gaming on a 2 year old computer that runs The Old Republic with everything turned on max at 80+ FPS. I always recommend that site when someone is looking for an affordable gaming system, you can't beat them.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »

I'd consider myself fairly computer savvy and have worked in the technology field for 10 years.  I used to build my own gaming computers back in the day through Newegg and Tigerdirect but seriously the last 3 computers I've gotten I've gone to cyberpowerpc.  I can't even build my own computer for the same price they get their components for.  Make sure you customize yours so that you're not getting cheap parts.  I'm still gaming on a 2 year old computer that runs The Old Republic with everything turned on max at 80+ FPS. I always recommend that site when someone is looking for an affordable gaming system, you can't beat them.

I took a look at that site. I think I'll probably get my next computer there.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: