Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: DOCTOR WHO SEASON 11 - OFFICIAL TRAILER 2  (Read 1058 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: September 23, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »

It's almost time to welcome a new Doctor into the Tardis. New companions and a new showrunner too. Let's see if we can recapture the heights of Eccleston, Tennat and earlier Smith.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCt6f1Ttmy4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »

I honestly haven’t watched it since season 1. Was trying to get into it but it just didn’t click with me

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:28:30 PM »

I was a huge Doctor fan mostly starting from Chris Eccleston up to Matt Smith.  Also enjoyed the offerings of Paul McGann... even in that movie.  For older doctors... actually liked Colin Baker but think he was given a bad deal with the clownish outfit they gave him and most of the scripts.

Peter Capaldi is a good actor... just didn't appreciate his doctor and most of his companions.  Haven't even watched through the entire dvd's of his seasons.  

When I heard about a female cast as The Doctor... wasn't excited or impressed.  However after watching the trailer I will give her a chance.  Youth and exuberance may be the ticket to get this franchise rolling in a better direction again.

David Tennant's version is my absolute favorite.  He needs to be regenerated yet again.  Companion Rose I can do without.  Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 03:34:24 PM »

Hi All,

I'm not gonna say a word about the new season. I mentioned to someone else about the Doc's new outfit and how it reminded me of Mork from Ork and they blew a gasket! I just meant it looked fun and cheerful, which is hopefully the direction the show takes.

I am also a fan of the early "Classic" Who with Pertwee, Troughton, Hartnell, Davison and Tom Baker. I even met Sophie "ACE" Aldred last year and showed her my lightsaber baseball bat design.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »

Hey there, Tyeth. I don’t think those of us here are like that and won’t take it serious as you are entitled to your opinion after all. 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »

Hey there, Tyeth. I don’t think those of us here are like that and won’t take it serious as you are entitled to your opinion after all. 

Oh I know the folks here are a much nicer bunch of individuals, the guy I chatted with writes for a Sci-Fi site and he takes things WAY more serious.

I am looking forward to the new season, but I still have about 20-30 dvds to watch yet to catch up.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 04:37:03 PM »

From classic Who, my favourite Doctors are Pertwee and Tom Baker although I grew up with Peter Davison.

From Nu-Who I loved Eccleston and feel he gets forgotten a little due to the outstanding tenure of Tennant.

As an actor, I liked Matt Smith's Doctor, even if some of his storylines were a bet meh. And as for Capaldi, great actor but I could never fully settle with his doctor due to my dislike of the majority of his storylines.

I'm really looking forward to the first female Doctor, although I think they should have made her ginger (would have been a nice punchline to that running gag).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: