Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Diamond spinning  (Read 9724 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »

I'm already following a tutorial set by Darth Cephalus, but more info is always good, so let's see it. Smiley
https://youtu.be/E-6_scl9wxc I'm sure its different but share what you learn with me also I love anything new

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 11:09:18 PM »

That's really cool. I went ahead and added it to my liked videos so that I can find it again later. Indeed, learning from multiple sources only increases your knowledge. Aside from Darth Cephalus, I've also followed some of the TPLA videos, so I'm not opposed at all to different viewpoints on things. TPLA doesn't have a lot of stuff that focuses on spinning, but they have a few videos. (I find that stuff easier to learn than trying to track down a sparring partner for combat training) Also, I learned the fundamentals of footwork with a saber from them. There were even a few places where they and Darth Cephalus varied in certain things, like how to do certain spins and how you hold the saber, and I watched and absorbed both and came up with what works best for me. Cool

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 12:45:47 AM »

That's really cool. I went ahead and added it to my liked videos so that I can find it again later. Indeed, learning from multiple sources only increases your knowledge. Aside from Darth Cephalus, I've also followed some of the TPLA videos, so I'm not opposed at all to different viewpoints on things. TPLA doesn't have a lot of stuff that focuses on spinning, but they have a few videos. (I find that stuff easier to learn than trying to track down a sparring partner for combat training) Also, I learned the fundamentals of footwork with a saber from them. There were even a few places where they and Darth Cephalus varied in certain things, like how to do certain spins and how you hold the saber, and I watched and absorbed both and came up with what works best for me. Cool
Awesome bro, I'm not sure of your spinning skills but tonight I'm posting a figure 8under the arm reverse to opposite side reverse figure 8 and back. I'm very addicted to lightsaber play as much as kungfu lol love them both and sharing with all my bros makes me happy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 02:59:35 AM »

Today's training practice spinning and changing hand
https://youtu.be/1DcDiLovCnY

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 05:32:09 AM »

I’ve only managed to switch hands successfully a few times. But then I started dropping it.

Great vid, Jaymes, as always. More practice coming up and I’ll let you know how I’m making out in a day or so. I need to finish up the next video for my channel.

BTW, I didn’t write comics—although I co-plotted a few with other people. Mostly, I was an inker and an artist. I’ve always worked on my own stories, though. And wanted to do more writing while I was working in comics, but they have a lot of crazy policies that make it hard to switch up jobs or do more than one thing. I did work with a lot of good writers and learned a lot about stories. So that’s what I’m doing now.

If you watch my series on storytelling on my channel, you’ll see a lot of the comic art I worked on. My own art as well as art I inked over a lot of other artists.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »

I’ve only managed to switch hands successfully a few times. But then I started dropping it.

Great vid, Jaymes, as always. More practice coming up and I’ll let you know how I’m making out in a day or so. I need to finish up the next video for my channel.

BTW, I didn’t write comics—although I co-plotted a few with other people. Mostly, I was an inker and an artist. I’ve always worked on my own stories, though. And wanted to do more writing while I was working in comics, but they have a lot of crazy policies that make it hard to switch up jobs or do more than one thing. I did work with a lot of good writers and learned a lot about stories. So that’s what I’m doing now.

If you watch my series on storytelling on my channel, you’ll see a lot of the comic art I worked on. My own art as well as art I inked over a lot of other artists.
that's awesome I can't wait to see you flowing, art is even better😀 if you are cool with it I love to see some drawings

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »

that's awesome I can't wait to see you flowing, art is even better😀 if you are cool with it I love to see some drawings

Hey Jaymes—been a crazy week with work. Haven’t been on the boards in a few days. But here’s a drawing you might appreciate of Darth Maul. Sorry if it looks a little gray. I just took a pic on my phone and the lighting wasn’t great. But the drawing itself was by Ron Lim, the original artist of Marvel’s “Infinity Gauntlet,” (the story Avengers Infinity War is partially based on. I inked the art. I worked with Ron on several projects. This was a fan commission...enjoy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/556290120/darth-maul-star-wars-11-x-17-print?ref=shop_home_active_17

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 01:49:53 PM »

Hey Jaymes—been a crazy week with work. Haven’t been on the boards in a few days. But here’s a drawing you might appreciate of Darth Maul. Sorry if it looks a little gray. I just took a pic on my phone and the lighting wasn’t great. But the drawing itself was by Ron Lim, the original artist of Marvel’s “Infinity Gauntlet,” (the story Avengers Infinity War is partially based on. I inked the art. I worked with Ron on several projects. This was a fan commission...enjoy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/556290120/darth-maul-star-wars-11-x-17-print?ref=shop_home_active_17

That looks great, SD!  Have a point for that!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »

Nice work!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 09:36:26 PM »

awesome work lol I love it,  wish I could draw like that. I love the staff trail awesome

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »

Thanks, guys  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 12:42:56 AM »

https://youtu.be/xxjq89qrbZA

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »

Whoa! You're moving so fast, I can't keep up! Lol

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 03:20:55 AM »

Whoa! You're moving so fast, I can't keep up! Lol
   Thank you bro just starting to break ground

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 03:27:01 AM »

Awesome moves, Jaymes...as usual!

Saber Arsenal:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: