Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Retention Screw Addon / Blade loose, Wobble, Rattle -Bellicose Blade Holder OHIO  (Read 706 times)
jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can

« on: September 24, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »

Hello!
I ordered a Bellicose and love the saber. However, I joined a club for people who spar at fencing academies and we go pretty hard.
I noticed from day one that there is a little wobble. I taped up the blade holder as well as the blade itself. Even with that done, it is not a firm hold.
I watched a video of a guy who added 3 retention screws of a larger size https://youtu.be/du0yfqej25Y

I am not a mechanic and can't seem to find a mechanic shop that does small jobs like this. I'm in Northeast Ohio.
Any recommendations on placement, quantity, bolt type, fastener method and size of the retention screws used would be appreciated.
Also, if any of you have a recommendation of a company or local machinist that would do this work i'd be very thankful

Lastly, know that the dark side will only lead to pain.
May the Force be with you.

The Saber Legion - Ohio Chapter
Bellicose Stunt

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »

Hi.  I feel your pain.  Have also tried unsuccessfully to eliminate that loose wobble from this saber.  There are other threads that address this.  Ultimately more retention screws seems to be the ticket.  There must be someone in that club that knows how to tap & drill for you.  If not then contact  customerservice@ultrasabers.com  to get their opinion.  You might need to send it back to have some additional retention screws placed... which would not be covered under the warranty.  Good luck and keep us updated.  Smiley

Also there are many more sabers that are a better choice for sparring because they are mostly one piece construction and streamlined.  The most popular are the Aeon/Dominix/Initiate lines, Sentinel/Apprentice, Prophecy, Standard Battle Issue.  The more simple the saber the better for both sparring and spinning.  I use a heavier MHS pommel on these sabers for counterbalance.  Also get an extra retention screw on the top when ordering.  Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 04:32:56 PM »

Hey there. Admins, I hope this is allowed butnapologies if it’s not. I’ve used this video to learn how to drill more holes for rentention screws.

http://youtu.be/nGqiw4dorDs

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 04:52:09 PM »

This is the first time I've heard that the Bellicose blade holder has wobble. Annoying to be sure.

As for new retention locations: I'd put the second one in the silver ring section below the original, and the third one on the front direct across from the second retention screw. There's lots of metal for the new screws to dig into. Anyway, just a suggestion about that.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: