Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose Screw Sizes  (Read 2091 times)
jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can

« on: September 24, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »

Hello! I'm told that as far as bellicose goes, the allen wrench sizes are 5/64 (blade to blade holder) and 3/32 (emitter to blade holder).

However, I want to know the exact size and length used for the holder and for the emitter.

I've seen a lot of people talk about 8/32, but i'm told the bellicose is different because it has that extra blade holder piece.
I'm hoping to get a thumb screw that's low profile and tap 3 extra retention holes for added stability.

Has anyone here added a thumb screw to their bellicose and if so, what is the exact size of it / where did it come from?

Light Side points welcome :]

The Saber Legion - Ohio Chapter
Bellicose Stunt

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »

I’ll see if I can get your the specs.

Edit: It’s 8-32
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:56:16 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »

I’ll see if I can get your the specs.

Edit: It’s 8-32

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:56:41 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Bellicose Stunt

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:02:32 PM »

Thank you!!!

You’re welcome

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 01:54:36 AM »

Hi.  There are some information topics that will assist all members but presently are not yet ready.  The blade retention screw is 8-32 x 3/16 and the set screw for the blade holder is 10-24 x 3/16.  The knurled screw can be purchased from TCSS and possibly from national hardware stores in your area.  Smiley

I will be removing that shortcut to eliminate any further confusion.  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 01:57:36 AM »

Hi.  There are some information topics that will assist all members but presently are not yet ready.  The blade retention screw is 8-32 x 3/16 and the set screw for the blade holder is 10-24 x 3/16.  The knurled screw can be purchased from TCSS and possibly from national hardware stores in your area.  Smiley

I will be removing that shortcut to eliminate any future confusion.  Smiley

Thanks D7. Was my bad

jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 02:54:06 AM »

Hi.  There are some information topics that will assist all members but presently are not yet ready.  The blade retention screw is 8-32 x 3/16 and the set screw for the blade holder is 10-24 x 3/16.  The knurled screw can be purchased from TCSS and possibly from national hardware stores in your area.  Smiley

I will be removing that shortcut to eliminate any further confusion.  Smiley

Perfect, thanks.
I'm planning on having a machinist add 3 more retention screws at equal points around the blade emitter. Do you know if that voids the warranty? I'm not removing or modifying any electronics. Just want to minimize the wobble for safety purposes.

thank you all so much

Bellicose Stunt

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 03:05:39 AM »

Those retention screws as long as there is no damage to the wiring or LED housing will not void your warranty.  Please share the final outcome pics on your previous thread related to this.  Also for ease of following and member response... it is best to keep all your questions related to your Bellicose on the same starter thread unless you are adding on to someone else's established topic of conversation.  Thanks.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 03:55:28 AM »

Will also be curious about this. Even though I never dueled with mine I never really thought about adding 2 extra screws on my Bellicose main blade holder when I did have that saber

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »

Will also be curious about this. Even though I never dueled with mine I never really thought about adding 2 extra screws on my Bellicose main blade holder when I did have that saber
Will do,.amd sorry for getting off topic. I'll have pictures tomorrow evening.
Thank you for help with the sizes.  Now I'll just need to figure out what screws to use in my new holes that don't stick out much and can be manipulated by hand.

Bellicose Stunt

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »

You will want to get the screw size that corresponds to the size of the retention hole.  These holes will need to be threaded for the screw to stay in securely.  Can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Hardware.  Regarding the knurled screw from a previous conversation... in addition to TCSS sometimes lighting fixture stores will carry them for the table lamps.  Will have to check the size of the fit as I'm not sure it is a standard one.

I go to Home Depot for extra screws in a pack of 4.  Paulin brand.  Normal length 8-32x1/4  code 338-133   Shorter length 8-32x3/16  code 338-132  The short version is mainly for one of the Prophecy screws when not using the decorative knurled.  The longer screw will fit flush inside most sabers.  It's handy to have both sizes and they are cheap to purchase.  Smiley

jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »

You will want to get the screw size that corresponds to the size of the retention hole.  These holes will need to be threaded for the screw to stay in securely.  Can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Hardware.  Regarding the knurled screw from a previous conversation... in addition to TCSS sometimes lighting fixture stores will carry them for the table lamps.  Will have to check the size of the fit as I'm not sure it is a standard one.

I go to Home Depot for extra screws in a pack of 4.  Paulin brand.  Normal length 8-32x1/4  code 338-133   Shorter length 8-32x3/16  code 338-132  The short version is mainly for one of the Prophecy screws when not using the decorative knurled.  The longer screw will fit flush inside most sabers.  It's handy to have both sizes and they are cheap to purchase.  Smiley
You're amazing, thank you. I'm at my friend's machine shop now (lunch break) going over the project. It should be done in about 5 hours. I'll post photos! It's gonna have 4x small retention screws and the 1 it came with. I was going to make all of them the larger size, but if i strip that size, i'd have to go very large to repair it.
I'm doing them staggered for best structural stability.

Bellicose Stunt

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »

You're amazing, thank you. I'm at my friend's machine shop now (lunch break) going over the project. It should be done in about 5 hours. I'll post photos! It's gonna have 4x small retention screws and the 1 it came with. I was going to make all of them the larger size, but if i strip that size, i'd have to go very large to repair it.
I'm doing them staggered for best structural stability.

I look forward to seeing it

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »

This seems like a solid plan.  Looking forward to pics and performance review.  Have to do something similar with my Bellicose as this rattling and minor-ish instability bothers me enough so that I don't use this saber.  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »

I'm glad that I found this post since I've been thinking about buying a Bellicose. It's good to know about the minor issues that it has

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: