Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to spin flow and transition +lady horse  (Read 2721 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« on: September 25, 2018, 02:12:30 AM »

I'm no expert but I am pretty decent with a lightsaber, thanks to Bagua kungfu (2 years also not a master) kali and wing chun. You all made me feel so welcomed here I hope this helps you on your journey. If you don't understand something feel free to ask me I'm never to busy for my brothers and sisters of the force.  https://youtu.be/vzO1g6opxOQ

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 02:49:12 AM »

Great tutorial with the figure 8 and the Obi-Ani, Jaymes. Have a point

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 03:03:52 AM »

Great tutorial with the figure 8 and the Obi-Ani, Jaymes. Have a point
Thank you Infinit lol I'm no expert but I'll share with anyone who can gain from me. Hopefully someone will help me also lol, been training 2 years on my own with the saber. I know there is a lightsaber academy in Manhattan my goal is to walk in just hard I work between 60 and 70 hrs a weak hard labor lol and 2 different marital arts plus 2 kids 3 including myself and a wife lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »

Thank you Infinit lol I'm no expert but I'll share with anyone who can gain from me. Hopefully someone will help me also lol, been training 2 years on my own with the saber. I know there is a lightsaber academy in Manhattan my goal is to walk in just hard I work between 60 and 70 hrs a weak hard labor lol and 2 different marital arts plus 2 kids 3 including myself and a wife lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You have a lot on your plate and you're still finding time to do this, impressive.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »

I feel you on having a busy schedule bub! I also work that amount, and can find it difficult to squeeze in training. You just get it in where you can. I’m fourtunate to have a yard, so I have a heavy bag and a cutting stand for striking, and a general area reserved for my needs. Unfortunately, I live in Montana, and there are no clubs. Just keep trying to find the time, and you’ll progress nicely!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »

I feel you on having a busy schedule bub! I also work that amount, and can find it difficult to squeeze in training. You just get it in where you can. I’m fourtunate to have a yard, so I have a heavy bag and a cutting stand for striking, and a general area reserved for my needs. Unfortunately, I live in Montana, and there are no clubs. Just keep trying to find the time, and you’ll progress nicely!!

I feel your pain, Gum.  I live in the Dallas area and there aren't any clubs or events around except for the cities hours away like Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.   Undecided

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 02:32:26 PM »

You have a lot on your plate and you're still finding time to do this, impressive.

lol to be honest my son is 36 days old because of a new law NY gives the father time off up to 8 weeks  Smiley. I have 12 days left and forearms that feel like they have been tenderized at the local butcher 😂. I work for Conedison in Manhattan, I'm a lead A mechanic (inside and outside) for emergency gas department. I'm on the 3-11pm shift were its 5 2 man crews to cover all of Manhattan. Lol would you believe we average 700 to 1300 hrs overtime a year?  Thing is you don't have an option my wife gets so upset most the time I'll tell her at 10pm I'm coming home then bam 1055pm type 1 leak outside. At thos point you think 5 mins ok the midnight crew will get it (only 2 2 man crews) nope I know have to drill find the leak and use a jackhammer plus only hand tools to dig. Manhattan has to many different services underground NYC osha rules we cant use a excavator, if I don't finish by 6am I will be relieved by the midnight crew. Sorry it's long just want you guys to understand but  like brother gumbydammit said I get it when I can lol after 2 weeks I'll probably be a Saturday Sunday guy 😭

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »

I do practical Wing Chun Monday 1145am to 130pm is easy and Saturday, any day during the rest of the week if I'm not stuck the night before I still go. Private lessons at home for Bagua I do only Saturday at around 6pm, then it's me in my driveway of Brooklyn lol spinning staff or 3 section just started chain whip also scares me lol.  I'm usually a zombie but I'm with you brother I get it t when ever possible

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

good stuff. Love the training mindset your in. Not letting life get in the way of your training! +1

If you want some stuff to work on with your flourishes , I.E. Little flower or Plum Blossom. I'll throw you a link. Not going to embed it.

I like that your trying to add footwork in there. I find that having someone help with filing is easier to achieve this goal. Keep up the training! Good video, keep them coming.

Note: Caution to those that decide to use a training blade or live blade. Severe injury can occur if proper safety and training is not applied. ( has to be said, not to anyone in particular )

Demo of adding Lacoste - Inosanto Angles of attack to the Little Flower/Plum Blossom techniques. More for your repertoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQmOLHux4Y&t=152s

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »

I also gave you a point, Jaymes. Great video. I saw it last night around 2 am and attempted to follow. I may need a bit of a slow motion take step by step on those moves...LOL!

As far as work, my schedule isn’t as busy as you guys butcertainly an irregular one. I had a car accident a while back that took me out of commission and most of life in general. After doctors told me I would never work again, I learned what to do myself in order to get back on my feet. My problem with work is it doesn’t always allow me to push beyond certain physical limits and keep the balance between the exercise i need to do to stay on top of things. Summer was so humid it made it impossible. Now that it’s cooler, I really need to dive back into an exercise routine. The lightsaber spinning and learning some of those martial arts moves seems like it could be a fun part of it. Each time I’m away from exercising for a period, I end up having to build it up slowly for a while though.

Aside from my work and hobbies, I’m writing a series of novels that I’m hoping to start putting out next year. My past job in the comic book field needs to take a new approach as I can’t keep up with the sort of deadlines they require and the business has gone to hell since I did it. So my day job is retail until I get far enough ahead to start my own business. If anyone needs help in this area BTW, either because you want to write a book or just help with creating characters or fan fiction to go along with you saber hobby—let me know ‘cause i can certainly help on that score.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 05:53:02 PM »

good stuff. Love the training mindset your in. Not letting life get in the way of your training! +1

If you want some stuff to work on with your flourishes , I.E. Little flower or Plum Blossom. I'll throw you a link. Not going to embed it.

I like that your trying to add footwork in there. I find that having someone help with filing is easier to achieve this goal. Keep up the training! Good video, keep them coming.
   I loved the video Master Resolute, I loved the different angles I really enjoyed I'm going to try tonight. I was watching a lot of your videos on YouTube yesterday I tried replying to you from tapatalk but it kept crashing, your foot work was incredible along with your movements. I believe I seen some moves from a mud walk, I'm no expert 2 years once a week. Anything you offer I greatly appreciate so please do, I would love to just ask you billions of questions I'm very interested in your training.
Note: Caution to those that decide to use a training blade or live blade. Severe injury can occur if proper safety and training is not applied. ( has to be said, not to anyone in particular )

Demo of adding Lacoste - Inosanto Angles of attack to the Little Flower/Plum Blossom techniques. More for your repertoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQmOLHux4Y&t=152s

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 06:45:40 PM »

I also gave you a point, Jaymes. Great video. I saw it last night around 2 am and attempted to follow. I may need a bit of a slow motion take  to stay on top of things. Summer was so humid it made it field needs to take a new approach as I can’t keep up with the sort of deadlines they require and the business has gone to hell since I did it. So my day job is retail until I get far enough ahead to start my own
   First off I'm really sorry about the accident I really do understand I'll explain to you 1 day if you want to hear. Your a writer that is so cool I find it very interesting you wrote comics of any kind I'm curious, I love comics it was a huge part of my life. No worries I'm going to make something especially for you tonight, showing the body mechanics slowly.  Different spins require movement of multiple body parts like wrist elbo entire arm, also folding of the arm which has a lot to do with the elbow, if your arm is bent it looks like a triangle and you can lift your elbow upward that will lower your hand and change the angle of your blade. Just to explain where you will understand if you also the the same time moved your hip shoulder it all works together to create a motion that's beyond a simple swing. As soon as I'm able I'm making the video I promise it will be today, in 7 days time I'll have you doing moves that are very new and exciting only thing is lol its addictive

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 03:06:43 AM »

No worries on the addicting part—I’m already there, LOL! Looking forward to the vid. So far my spins are pretty basic, but I’ve been practicing the basics most every day. It’s a good way to unwind after a day at work.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: