Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need some help :)  (Read 1661 times)
MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »

Need a little help here, folks...

Can anyone tell me where I may find the little metal wire holders that are used on Kylo Ren’s saber?  The ones that are holding the red wire in place along the length of the hilt?  Heres a link to what I’m talking about:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren%27s_lightsaber

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »

No idea if any are sold specifically as Ren saber through any saber smiths or shops. I would search wire clamps/fasteners

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:53:25 PM »

No idea if any are sold specifically as Ren saber through any saber smiths or shops. I would search wire clamps/fasteners

I’ve been scouring all over for those very things, and can’t find any.  Best I’ve found is another saber company’s Kylo conversion kit which includes the exact screws in question.  Don’t really wanna throw $90 at a conversion kit I’ll never use just for a few screws lol

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »

Short of buying it from the other guys, I'd check hardware stores as well

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 03:02:07 PM »

Hi MaskofMany,

I took a look at the original TFA prop (seen in a case in the Star Wars Celebration exhibiton) and a screen shot from TLJ and the clips you refer to look as though they might not be actual clips but modified Wire Spade/Ring Terminal connectors. They look something like this:

The red insulation is removed and the metal plate beneath it is cut, shaped and folded round to grip the wire, while the actual loop shaped part is slotted into grooves on the hilt body (probably epoxied in place or again bent to hold it in place).

I might be wrong but it might be something worth looking into. Hope it helps.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 03:04:26 PM »

Hi MaskofMany,

I took a look at the original TFA prop (seen in a case in the Star Wars Celebration exhibiton) and a screen shot from TLJ and the clips you refer to look as though they might not be actual clips but modified Wire Spade/Ring Terminal connectors. They look something like this:

The red insulation is removed and the metal plate beneath it is cut, shaped and folded round to grip the wire, while the actual loop shaped part is slotted into grooves on the hilt body (probably epoxied in place or again bent to hold it in place).

I might be wrong but it might be something worth looking into. Hope it helps.

Good I idea there, Tyeth.  He can always find some gray ones and cut them, run a red wire through four of them and glue them to the hilt.  Instant look right there.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »

Hi again,

Hopefully it's something to consider. The thing is the clips are different in the two films, or at least the prop on display shows the wire threaded through very thin metal loops whilst the TLJ screenshot (as Kylo picks it up off the throne room floor) shows thicker silver clips. MaskofMany might be able to make these connectors work either way.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 06:10:41 PM »

Hi.  Here's an older customization by RevanReborn with outer hilt coated wires that use bent wire for clips... I suppose even heavier paper clips would work unless you really want to be more authentic.  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35757.msg577996#msg577996

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »

Hi.  Here's an older customization by RevanReborn with outer hilt coated wires that use bent wire for clips... I suppose even heavier paper clips would work unless you really want to be more authentic.  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35757.msg577996#msg577996

That was in incredible build!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 06:18:26 PM »

That was in incredible build!

It's my favorite built and customized saber ever !  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: