Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: If you like combat folding knives and new deployments  (Read 2596 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« on: September 27, 2018, 05:29:32 AM »

I also have a love for close quarters combat weapons
If anyone wants to see more karambit if it's new to you I got you
  https://youtu.be/AcZ5ED8ar5s

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:00:46 AM »

Good video there, Jaymes. You brought up a valid point in your discussion, which one is better: Using the wrist or elbow and forearm.  Based on Marine Corps combat training, we were always taught to use the wrist since the travel to open up a folded blade wouldn't be as wide which puts you at risk of opening up your torso for an attack.  But that was martial's art in the military geared for combat so it may be different from the next martial's art form.

Great topic starter once again, point incoming.

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:21:27 PM »

Good video there, Jaymes. You brought up a valid point in your discussion, which one is better: Using the wrist or elbow and forearm.  Based on Marine Corps combat training, we were always taught to use the wrist since the travel to open up a folded blade wouldn't be as wide which puts you at risk of opening up your torso for an attack.  But that was martial's art in the military geared for combat so it may be different from the next martial's art form.

Great topic starter once again, point incoming.
  semper fi  Smiley when I was in we did line training half way through switched to military martial arts before I was discharged I finished green belt. I'm going to go back into my knife training this week. I'm a karambit person these days, are you familiar with the karambit

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »

semper fi  Smiley when I was in we did line training half way through switched to military martial arts before I was discharged I finished green belt. I'm going to go back into my knife training this week. I'm a karambit person these days, are you familiar with the karambit

Semper Fi!  Yes I am, my parents country of Cambodia used it quite a bit.  Did you know that it wasn't and curved as it is now until it was weaponized?  It was originally designed to rake roots from what my family as told me but the countries like Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, and the Philippines all use a variation of the knife til this day.  I think it's really neat but I'm really partial to my USMC issued Kabar.

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

Semper Fi!  Yes I am, my parents country of Cambodia used it quite a bit.  Did you know that it wasn't and curved as it is now until it was weaponized?  It was originally designed to rake roots from what my family as told me but the countries like Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, and the Philippines all use a variation of the knife til this day.  I think it's really neat but I'm really partial to my USMC issued Kabar.

Awesome bro, yes I knew it came from a gardening tool I reviewed its history. Did you know that most martial arts came from the specific jobs people did? I found it very interesting. After getting a lot of training with bagua and wing chun I learned more about blocking and timing, I lost the fear of getting hit I step into attacks if I have my karambit a person won't even know until it's to late. The femoral artery is 1 of my targets up close I'll get the hook in and make an angled cut they will pass out fast and would bleed out in 3 mins

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »

Brotherhood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semper_fidelis

(I'm Canadian, so no...but cool).

Points for you both.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 09:18:50 PM »

Awesome bro, yes I knew it came from a gardening tool I reviewed its history. Did you know that most martial arts came from the specific jobs people did? I found it very interesting. After getting a lot of training with bagua and wing chun I learned more about blocking and timing, I lost the fear of getting hit I step into attacks if I have my karambit a person won't even know until it's to late. The femoral artery is 1 of my targets up close I'll get the hook in and make an angled cut they will pass out fast and would bleed out in 3 mins

Exactly why I would avoid a knife fight at ALL costs...   :-) 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 09:20:52 PM »

Brotherhood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semper_fidelis

(I'm Canadian, so no...but cool).

Points for you both.

Thank you my dark side brethren, we appreciate that. Points for you because I love Canada and for being as dark as my shadow, may the anger and hate warm your heart  😃

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 09:23:55 PM »

Exactly why I would avoid a knife fight at ALL costs...   :-) 

YESSS lol, my first move is to back away if they follow its life or death. I'm not the fastest runner at 200 lbs 5'8 lol so good chance I'll tire out and get stabbed in the back.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 10:28:49 PM »

I did, I learned it through many Masters and thought that it was interesting how they came about martial’s art. I heard it from my parents as a kid and didn’t believe them since sometimes parent exaggerate a bit but hearing it from my masters, I was blown away.

Thank you my dark side brethren, we appreciate that. Points for you because I love Canada and for being as dark as my shadow, may the anger and hate warm your heart  😃

Thank you, Rapine. Have a point back!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »

I did, I learned it through many Masters and thought that it was interesting how they came about martial’s art. I heard it from my parents as a kid and didn’t believe them since sometimes parent exaggerate a bit but hearing it from my masters, I was blown away.

Thank you, Rapine. Have a point back!
  lol I felt the same way all through life my parents lol

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 12:03:26 AM »

lol I felt the same way all through life my parents lol

Haha, you know what I’m talking about. It’s like a feeling of discovery when you found out that your parents were telling you the truth

you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »

Something else to baby-proof in my loft. So much Cold Steel . . .

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »

I just got a Code 4 myself and just got into the company. The blade travel in and out is so smooth.  I'm a big fan of ZT and Spyderco myself

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: