Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: V5 Lineup unveiled!  (Read 93769 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2018, 03:07:28 PM »

So, I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I have a point to make.

The new Initiate and Aeon v5 line will cost $20 more than the v4 line.

So a v4 with windows and AV switch upgrade would cost the same as a v5 which has them standard.

Obviously you are getting different aesthetics, and US can charge whatever they want, and I'm not saying they are not worth the money.

But you're not actually saving any money on an Aeon or Initiate v5. In a way, making the widows and AV switch standard and then charging $20 more just prices the hilts out of range for someone who might be ok with no windows and a normal switch.

That being said, the apprentice and sentinel v5 line is only $5 more expensive that the v4 line, so you are in fact saving $15 on the windows and AV switch with those.

I'm guessing the difference in price between the Aeon v5 and Sentinel v5 is due to the claws and possibly grenade grip, but that is pure speculation.

Sorry for raining on the parade, but I gotta call them like I see them. If I made a mistake in my calculations I do apologize, and please let me know
That is because the new Ini's and Aeo-nix hilts now have claws and more elaborate pommels. Taking these things into consideration an extra $20 is a steal. The reason for the difference to the +$5 for the new Apprentice/Sentinel is because they only have new milling.

Sentinel/Apprentice = more machine time

vs.

Aeo-nix/Ini = more more machine time (more machining of hilt + machining of claws) + more metal (claws) + more assembly (putting claws on)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2018, 03:28:26 PM »

That is because the new Ini's and Aeo-nix hilts now have claws and more elaborate pommels. Taking these things into consideration an extra $20 is a steal. The reason for the difference to the +$5 for the new Apprentice/Sentinel is because they only have new milling.

Sentinel/Apprentice = more machine time

vs.

Aeo-nix/Ini = more more machine time (more machining of hilt + machining of claws) + more metal (claws) + more assembly (putting claws on)

This.  Machining = more money and time for installation and what not. Also, the claws come anodized and are removable so for the price and what you can do to the sabers in the hilt alone, $20.00 more is still a heck of a deal.

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »

Good points and pretty much what I suspected. They are definitely beautiful and I'm sure worth the price

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »

Most of the time in any production rather a US saber or a new car the new version will cost more money, this is nothing new. Not only that but cost of everything goes up every year, we are lucky right now that prices on all sabers have not gone up $10 to  $20 or more this year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2018, 05:58:31 AM »

Hi Rapine,

No the mistake was all mine using the wrong term to describe the blade.

Now to find someone who wants to buy some old internal organs from a worn out Jedi to fund my next saber...

Grin  It's not that bad. I'm sure you can find some Imperial Credits to acquire the sabers with.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »

Grin  It's not that bad. I'm sure you can find some Imperial Credits to acquire the sabers with.

I have twenty thousand Republic dataries

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »

I have twenty thousand Republic dataries

why do I see Watto yelling at you for this?

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2018, 11:56:49 AM »

why do I see Watto yelling at you for this?

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »

They look nice, but so did the V4s. Although im not really a fan of the claws. The real kicker for me will be how they feel though. Ive noticed the upper choke point on the new Dominix/Aeon is completely slanted as opposed to the flat cutoff on the V4s, thatll make it about 1000 times more comfortable. Still kinda narrow though. Nothing beats the wide, slanted chokes on the V3s, hoping to see those again someday even if it limits the aesthetic space ever so slightly.

Edit: actually, looking at the pictures, the claws hang down over the upper choke making it pretty much completely useless with them on. Looks like this will be an either pretty OR duel worthy saber, but never both which is unfortunate.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2018, 07:27:04 PM »

Aeon V5, Blazing Red, black claws and av switch, perfect set up ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2018, 09:04:47 PM »

Going to try to resist the urge to buy the Initiate LE v5 until I can handle one at a con or see some reviews regarding those downward claw points.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »

I keep dreaming of an Phantasm Ini. LE V5 in BR.  Roll Eyes

Going to try to resist the urge to buy the Initiate LE v5 until I can handle one at a con or see some reviews regarding those downward claw points.
Good luck.

From the posted images, the overall contours look identical to the corresponding V4s. They've just added some more aesthetic milling and greeblies.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

At the very least, I'm holding off until they're off preorder-the wait for the Butcher has been bad enough

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2018, 03:06:41 AM »

No kidding, you are sure right about that Therion, but looks like our suffering is soon coming to an end.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2018, 06:32:40 AM »

At the very least, I'm holding off until they're off preorder-the wait for the Butcher has been bad enough

^^^ This guy.

I’m with him.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: