Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: V5 Lineup unveiled!  (Read 94769 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »

I agree with above, Emperor's hand pommels are super low profile and should address your concerns. I'm with ya, I don't like the gaping open hole either, should have at least a simple grill

Oh, I have the Emperor's Hand pommels for both my Dark Sentinel LE and Sentinel LE V5 and am quite happy with them.........................and the added cost. It doesn't phase me to have purchased those 2 pommels, but, as a default sound pommel, the one with the Dark Apprentice V5 & Apprentice LE V5 gives me pause. Right now I have a polycarbonite disc I cut holes into to let sound thru. The issue I have is because I let Family & friends borrow them to have fun with (well, the stunt and lite sound sabers anyway - they're meant to be beater sabers), but curious fingers and all that. I would feel better if the pommel wasn't a clear shot thru with a pencil, or fingers, or something else kids are want to push into that speaker membrane.

I also have several TCSS low profile pommels with D-rings for cosplay - but I would rather have UltraSabers get my money.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #346 on: January 01, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »

Are you talking about the TCSS pommel insert? That is designed to suit at the bottom of the TCSS pommel and is held in place with a clap or o-ring. The inside of the V5 pommels are smooth, I just checked. So if you tried putting a o-ring in front of the speaking and then this insert between the O-ring and the pommel I think the insert would just fall out.

Are you talking about simmering else?

Ohhhhh...I figured there would be a way to hold them in there. When I get one of these pommels, I’ll have to do a bit of experimenting.  I was thinking of possibly these inserts would fit up at the far far end inside where the pommel threads up near the speaker and usually there is a ridge which holds the speaker from falling out. If the dimensions of the ring could fit in there like a gasket between the speaker and insert—provided the insert could fit over the threaded end and be held there without just falling out. But since I have no idea of the dimensions involved, further information would be needed.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #347 on: January 01, 2019, 11:05:35 AM »

Ohhhhh...I figured there would be a way to hold them in there. When I get one of these pommels, I’ll have to do a bit of experimenting.  I was thinking of possibly these inserts would fit up at the far far end inside where the pommel threads up near the speaker and usually there is a ridge which holds the speaker from falling out. If the dimensions of the ring could fit in there like a gasket between the speaker and insert—provided the insert could fit over the threaded end and be held there without just falling out. But since I have no idea of the dimensions involved, further information would be needed.

Look here:

TCSS insert dimensions: 28.75mm wide, 3mm thick
25.34mm inner width, 1.56 mm lip thickness, so everything being equal, the lip is about 3.4mm wide

Dark Apprentice V5 inner dimension is 25.9mm, so there's .56mm wiggle room, so the insert will be able to sit on the end, but it can move sideways a little unless the pommel is tight on the hilt. Insert adds 2.5mm to the total length of the V5 pommel, so it's pressed tightly against the speaker mount.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #348 on: January 01, 2019, 01:55:16 PM »

Thank you for experimenting with the TCSS inserts and an opened pommel, chalion. Point

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #349 on: January 02, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »

Forgot to ask earlier, but are the gold claws now available for spec?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »

Look here:

TCSS insert dimensions: 28.75mm wide, 3mm thick
25.34mm inner width, 1.56 mm lip thickness, so everything being equal, the lip is about 3.4mm wide

Dark Apprentice V5 inner dimension is 25.9mm, so there's .56mm wiggle room, so the insert will be able to sit on the end, but it can move sideways a little unless the pommel is tight on the hilt. Insert adds 2.5mm to the total length of the V5 pommel, so it's pressed tightly against the speaker mount.

Excellent, Chalion...thank you for running the experiment. I was hoping it would be possible to gain some possible protection. I wouldn’t be overly worried if i had the open pommel on a stand or hanging from a clip, but if it’s being played with, or you have it around other object that might accidentally get in there—better safe than sorry, i say!

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »

You can get gold claws now! I'd  get Dominix LE v5 with gold claws.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #352 on: January 10, 2019, 12:17:34 AM »

Didn't someone say the v5's were shipping? I placed an order 10 days ago and haven't gotten any notices yet from US. Normally orders ship within a day or two.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #353 on: January 10, 2019, 03:45:10 AM »

V5s are still listed as 'pre-sale' on the site.
Betting they're still trying to build up stock and having problems keeping up with demand

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2019, 01:04:44 AM »

Betting they're still trying to build up stock and having problems keeping up with demand

I was thinking the same thing.

Saber Arsenal:

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2019, 01:36:34 AM »

I opened my mouth too soon, got shipping notification today.  Cool

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2019, 03:40:59 AM »

I second this

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2019, 07:37:43 PM »

I second this

I'm just impatient. I already have them almost assembled LOL

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

Metcalfb
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #358 on: January 21, 2019, 02:50:51 AM »

JFetrow
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #359 on: February 02, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »

So I have one of these “pre-order” savers in my cart, and I saw that the original post said they would be in our mailbox in November (2018, I assume). If I place an order today, when might I expect to get one?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: