Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Viking chair did by myself, WIP  (Read 4899 times)
Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« on: September 28, 2018, 10:01:13 AM »

Hi there,

I'm not only a crazy intermediate Sith Lord, I also began wood work, with hand tools (no electricity !)

here is a work in progress : a Viking chair.
Few hours left before the end... but really comfortable ! And easy to do at low price (less then 10$)

keep in mind that it's not finish yet Wink

please tell me what you think about that Wink

(Furnitures behind are also made by me Wink )

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »

Cool side project Grin

Little hint if you are in the 'I really want to personalize this'-mood:
You can use an old soldering iron to (literally!) 'brand' your chair and create some permanent ornaments.
Just be careful how much heat you use… And good ventilation would be useful, too (as you are burning wood after all Wink !)...

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »

Cool side project Grin

Little hint if you are in the 'I really want to personalize this'-mood:
You can use an old soldering iron to (literally!) 'brand' your chair and create some permanent ornaments.
Just be careful how much heat you use… And good ventilation would be useful, too (as you are burning wood after all Wink !)...
Thanks man ! I know the tip Wink already done on a quiver project (I'm an archer too xD)
I think I'll do it. Still don't know Wink

here is an example Wink
for the quiver it's MDF, not pure wood, but funny to work Wink I'll post it when it will be finished Wink

- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 02:03:48 PM »

Good work there, Ravn! I look forward to seeing more work from you! “We’re going to follow your career rather with interest”. Have a point

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 11:41:05 PM »

That looks really good so far. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 11:45:53 PM »

Hi Darth_Ravn,

Simply clever design...the Scandinavians seem to know a bit about furniture building!

point incoming (and don't worry I don't mean an arrow or bolt!)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »

NICE job on the chair. I like the fact that you used knotty pine cuz it looks great. Point to you for sharing. Perhaps a Viking crest would look cool on it. Just a thought.
 As a wood worker my self, I would like to say that sometimes the simplest designs work the best so keep at it.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 05:15:53 PM »

NICE job on the chair. I like the fact that you used knotty pine cuz it looks great. Point to you for sharing. Perhaps a Viking crest would look cool on it. Just a thought.
 As a wood worker my self, I would like to say that sometimes the simplest designs work the best so keep at it.
Thanks really Wink I'm a little busy these days, need to finish other furniture before continue it but I'll do Wink
I still don't know if I continue with Viking details or if I cross (Vikings x star wars).

Anyway, this Saturday, in my archery club, we dress as medieval people (we open to public to let them try our sport) I'll be in Viking clothes, and of course post photo :p

(Ho almost forget, I'm not sure of the meaning of "crest" is it decorations / ornaments ? Sorry I'm French xD)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »

Thanks really Wink I'm a little busy these days, need to finish other furniture before continue it but I'll do Wink
I still don't know if I continue with Viking details or if I cross (Vikings x star wars).

Anyway, this Saturday, in my archery club, we dress as medieval people (we open to public to let them try our sport) I'll be in Viking clothes, and of course post photo :p

(Ho almost forget, I'm not sure of the meaning of "crest" is it decorations / ornaments ? Sorry I'm French xD)

Welcome back, Ravn.  Archery club while being dressed medieval style huh?  Do take and post pictures, I look forward to seeing you as a Viking!  Will you wield a lightsaber?

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 07:30:51 PM »

Welcome back, Ravn.  Archery club while being dressed medieval style huh?  Do take and post pictures, I look forward to seeing you as a Viking!  Will you wield a lightsaber?
Haha yes ! I used to wield a medieval sword as a knight during little shows with friends and of course medieval archery. This club is a club for modern archery (I think it's common in U.S.A, with 3D archery, thanks to Howard hill I think)
Anyway this weekend I won't wield lightsaber... but my Viking clothes will maybe appear in my videos Wink

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 07:40:03 AM »

A 'crest' is a kind of, hmm, 'logo'? (Me being German doesn't make 'describing stuff in English' any easier Grin )
Usually it's a 'family crest' (meaning stuff like the paintings on mediveal shields) or something like 'Hogwarts crest' Wink : http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Hogwarts_crests

Oh, as your thread is already slightly derailing: Have you heard about the archer 'Lars Andersen'?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 04:04:40 PM »

A 'crest' is a kind of, hmm, 'logo'? (Me being German doesn't make 'describing stuff in English' any easier Grin )
Usually it's a 'family crest' (meaning stuff like the paintings on mediveal shields) or something like 'Hogwarts crest' Wink : http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Hogwarts_crests

Oh, as your thread is already slightly derailing: Have you heard about the archer 'Lars Andersen'?
! No longer available
Ho ok I understood. Then I still don't know which I'll do Wink but I will.

I know this archer and  his video. Many things to say, bad and good.

First , the bad : he says that his technic is historical and the best, but he is wrong, it's not really historical everywhere, there are many many many style of shooting (same as sabers and swords) so his technic is perfect for his style but not for everyone.
Moreover we don't even know the draw weight of the bows he uses. Anyway we know few things that makes him wrong sometimes in medieval archery (way to shoot) and modern archery (quiver things)
But there are many people who say that on YouTube Wink

The good : he is an incredible trick shooter. Like many members of this forum are incredible spinners Wink his shows are awesome, and he must have train many many many hours, and really hardly.
I can't even do some of his shoots and I've been an archer since 1999 ! So thumb up for him at least for that reason Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 03:37:31 AM »

Nice. I'm into medieval things now myself so Tongue You should totally cosplay Dr. Strange though or like an old man Iron Man/Tony Stark or something along those lines Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »

Nice. I'm into medieval things now myself so Tongue You should totally cosplay Dr. Strange though or like an old man Iron Man/Tony Stark or something along those lines Tongue
I like both of them, but these days I need Viking and medieval. Maybe one day Dr strange xD
But this is the first time someone say me that xD

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »

Arrow shooting this Saturday !

Now I rest, and tomorrow : Viking fest !
I'll just visit the first, and maybe buy some stuff Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: