Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Diamond Renegade with New Font!  (Read 4673 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« on: September 29, 2018, 12:00:01 AM »

Here is a quick 2 minute video featuring my new Renegade saber with the "Son of Darkness" font installed  Smiley

I edited the video, but it was shot on my iPhone for the sake of getting something posted quickly. I will shoot and produce a proper review video for the Renegade and my other UltraSabers using a DSLR and some voiceover stuff.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxo3TCL-d7o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxo3TCL-d7o</a>

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:24:11 AM »

Incredible sound font there, DPM.  I like it and your video editing is fantastic! 

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 01:06:51 AM »

A visual and auditory feast!  Absolutely wonderful effects and soundfont you put on that beauty!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 01:19:08 AM »

Incredible sound font there, DPM.  I like it and your video editing is fantastic! 
Thank you, and thanks again Infinit01! Much appreciated  Smiley ...and thank you a third time, as I saw your other reply.

A visual and auditory feast!  Absolutely wonderful effects and soundfont you put on that beauty!!! 
Thank you very much Edon Bluewolf  Smiley I love this Renegade. It's a beast of a hilt and literally a workout to wield, but it suits the font perfectly. Truth be told, I've been developing the sound for a couple months and when it was nearing completion, I justified the purchase of the Renegade because... I needed the appropriate saber to christen it with. That's reasonable, right? LOL

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »

Thank you, and thanks again Infinit01! Much appreciated  Smiley ...and thank you a third time, as I saw your other reply.

You're welcome, I'm thoroughly enjoying your presence here on the forum and all of the content that you're adding.  Will follow you closely, good sir.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »

Hi DPM, just watched your video on YT (for some reason videos don't show up for me on the forum) and that is one of the most menacing sound fonts I have heard. As soon as I heard it I just saw Ren smashing up the control panel on the Finalizer.(When the officer tells him BB-8 escaped with help from a girl) Awesome work!

-1 point

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 09:52:27 PM »

Hi DPM, just watched your video on YT (for some reason videos don't show up for me on the forum) and that is one of the most menacing sound fonts I have heard. As soon as I heard it I just saw Ren smashing up the control panel on the Finalizer.(When the officer tells him BB-8 escaped with help from a girl) Awesome work!

-1 point

Thanks for the compliment and for the Dark Side point For Tyeth!  Smiley

I'm glad that was your impression, because that was the intent. Your example of Kylo smashing up the control panel is very appropriate. I most definitely took some of the sounds from that scene. Additionally, I have a sequence from that very scene that will be offered with the expanded files with the font. I will have the LED lights configured with it in a .peff file meant to be used as one of the 5 gestures.

Here's a sample of the sound file for that particular sequence:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h4ojd7k2ql67mz/sequence2.wav?dl=0

I saw your comment on the YouTube video itself as well. Thanks!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 10:52:03 PM »

Thanks for the compliment and for the Dark Side point For Tyeth!  Smiley

I'm glad that was your impression, because that was the intent. Your example of Kylo smashing up the control panel is very appropriate. I most definitely took some of the sounds from that scene.
I saw your comment on the YouTube video itself as well. Thanks!

Hi DPM, yes I had to view your video on YouTube itself as there seems to be a glitch where videos posted on this forum don't show up on my laptop!
Not sure if it is a HTML5 embedding issue or just my old hardware and operating system but other members here have the same issues.

However I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more of your work.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 01:16:52 AM »

That's weird, I used to be able to see the video and now I can't.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 01:52:19 AM »

Sick and mean sounding font too Tongue Now I kinda want the same set up but would be a bit too expensive for me x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 09:30:03 AM »

This is fantastic!! And your collection is very impressive. Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »

Sick and mean sounding font too Tongue Now I kinda want the same set up but would be a bit too expensive for me x.x

Thanks Zren! I'm jealous of your Force Alignment  Smiley It's epic.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »

Thanks Zren! I'm jealous of your Force Alignment  Smiley It's epic.

Don't worry, DPM. You'll get there yet

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 12:54:06 PM »

I really wish I understood how to customize my sound fonts. I’m really jealous of this. Frikin kickin bad ass!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »

I really wish I understood how to customize my sound fonts. I’m really jealous of this. Frikin kickin bad ass!!

I followed these instructions which worked well for me:

Sound font basics
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28888.0

Converting fonts
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: