Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Salutations my fellow followers of the Force  (Read 13989 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« on: September 29, 2018, 06:59:16 AM »

I’ve been told I should post an introduction, so here I am! Firstly, thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and welcoming already in the FanFiction section. You guys are awesome!!!

I’m currently a second year Master’s Student at Florida International University in Miami, and study Music Performance with the goal set to become a professional opera singer (fun fact: I have an ongoing list of operas that I think would work great set in the Star Wars Universe; top of the list is Mozart’s “The Magic Flute” with the Queen of the Night as the Dark Empress of the Sith and Sarastro’s Masonic Order as the Jedi Order with Sarastro himself as the Grand Master).   I try not to have casual public recordings, just because if I submit to a company and they search me and find them, anything not representative of my current state or technique could cause negative impact on casting decisions. However, my school does livestream broadcasts of our opera productions and I’ll be singing the titular role this year, so I can post a livestream link when that happens (in March).

I teach private voice lessons, gig and do concerts around South Florida, and until today, worked at a pizzeria. I quit because I don’t appreciate being falsely accused of stealing from people without anyone even bothering to check cameras even though I’ve been there longer than anyone else and without any issues, and have previously paid out of pocket for other employees mistakes on numerous occasions. I felt the need to share this because it feels great to know that I don’t have to put up with it any more.

I have been a huge Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember. My dad is a big fan and I have too many little brothers (I’m his only girl) so it ended up as something that all of us enjoyed together. I was way above my reading level in fifth grade, so the only way I ended up able to stay interested was by reading a very large portion of the Expanded Universe (read The Courtship of Princess Leia, Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, the Last Command, The Truce at Bakura, The New Rebellion and many more). I did my 8th grade book report on Timothy Zahn. XD

I’ve recently started choreography combat classes at a Masonic temple down the street from my apartment (I had known about the temple for a long time, but didn’t realize they offered classes). Previously I’ve done some training on my own from videos and (though I’m not sure it can count really) through VR (beat saber) and AR (Jedi challenges). I got my boyfriend his first saber for our anniversary this year (which is today), since he loves taking mine to try.

Beyond music, I also love video games, writing, and cats. KOTOR and KOTOR II and Jedi Academy were my childhood (I’ve always had a preference for PC gaming, specifically RPGs) and I’ve recently been replaying them.

My favorite type of games are RPGs because I’m a sucker for a good story. I’ve done a lot of text-based forum RP before, but never within the Star Wars fandom. I’ve done a LOT of Phantom of the Opera (primarily Leroux, and actually run my own Leroux-based forum, but am currently transferring hosts), and some Downtown Abbey, Lord of the Rings, Phinneas and Ferb, Winx Club, Farscape, and some original forum RPs. I might attempt to join the RP forum here, but I think I’ll lurk for a while to see how it works before making any final decisions.

I dabble in writing and have been currently working on a large-scale KOTOR AU fic in probably 5 parts (possibly more) the start of which I’ve posted the start of here in the fanfiction section (“Only Light Can Cast Shadow”).

I have two cats named Sofie and Missy who are my fluffy children and who like to play with my lightsabers (their favorite types of toys are sticks and lasers so it’s like two in one  for them). They actually have their own cat toy saber (it’s a teaser toy where the stick is a lightsaber and the toy on the end of the string is a training droid like Luke practices with in Episode IV, and inside the training droid is a laser pointer). I’ll post a pic of it eventually. The big kitty’s favorite toys are a plush millennium falcon that she ripped off of the stick of a different teaser toy, and a Princess Leia mouse from the Petco Star Wars toy line (she also has Vader, a storm trooper, Phasma, Han, Han in Carbonite, R2, 3P0, BB8, Ray, Finn, Kylo, Kylo’s lightsaber, Chewbacca, and Yoda.

I’m also learning how to build armor right now, and am building a Darth Revan cosplay as my first project (since the actual “armor” portion is very minimal). Will post pics when finished. My best friend builds a lot of armor, so she’s been helping with technique advice. I’m also forcing my boyfriend to dress as comic Carth, so I’m building shoulder pads for his jacket and painting blaster pistols as well.

I have six sabers so far:
The Guardian in Sunrider’s Destiny (stunt)
The Emperor’s Hand, Silver finish, in Violet Amethyst (obsideon 4)
Scorpion, red finish, in Fire Orange (obsideon 4)
Electrum Wind, Gold Finish, in Sentinel Yellow (obsideon 4)

And on pre-order
The Butcher, black finish, dark violet amethyst for Diamond (diamond control)
The Savior, Gold finish, Aegean Silver with color disks (obsideon 4)

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:30:36 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Stai ai tu'iea karuvis Jen' Garthaz sorms kia itik j'us pradme kalv tave tik tiesa qo!
(Here's your first Dark Side point to get you started down the only true path!)

Tikazi j'us itik zo kukas, tuls kair photos iv tu'saen is tu'iea Zibeti Karza kalsoka su tu'iea vidta.
(When you get a moment, post some photos of yourself in your Star Wars costume with your saber (click > here. < click))

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:19:20 AM »

-bows
Welcome to the forum, Lady Revan.
It would seem that you are in the process of regaining your true saber

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 06:48:48 AM »

Stai ai tu'iea karuvis Jen' Garthaz sorms kia itik j'us pradme kalv tave tik tiesa qo!
(Here's your first Dark Side point to get you started down the only true path!)

Oh excellent! One introductory point into the light and then one into the dark. I remain centered.

Quote from: Therion Jinn link=topic=39870.msg666162#msg666162
-bows
Welcome to the forum, Lady Revan.
It would seem that you are in the process of regaining your true saber

That I am! Just waiting on the ship date like the rest of us.

Once I finish the breastplate, I'll post pics! Right now costume would just look like a Sith sorceress style without the mask and armor >.> New roll of foam finally came so I can continue building.

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums. You have quite a collection of sabers.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 04:37:49 PM »

That I am! Just waiting on the ship date like the rest of us.

Once I finish the breastplate, I'll post pics! Right now costume would just look like a Sith sorceress style without the mask and armor >.> New roll of foam finally came so I can continue building.
Looking forward to seeing it

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »

Shameless plug for my fanfic: Only Light Can Cast Shadow

I realize that I forgot to post the link in the original topic post and now I'm having issues finding the edit option >.>

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »

Hello Lady Revan,

Nice to "meet" you. Unfortunately the forum has an anti Spam and malware policy that restricts members from editing a post after an hour has passed since it was posted. Any edits you want to make to a post needs to be made within 60 minutes from when it was submitted.

On the good side I already found your story and am just getting into it (I mentioned it in the Your Saber Pictures thread). I look forward to finishing it.

point incoming

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 09:09:16 PM »

Hello Lady Revan,

Nice to "meet" you. Unfortunately the forum has an anti Spam and malware policy that restricts members from editing a post after an hour has passed since it was posted. Any edits you want to make to a post needs to be made within 60 minutes from when it was submitted.

On the good side I already found your story and am just getting into it (I mentioned it in the Your Saber Pictures thread). I look forward to finishing it.

point incoming

Ah! Okay, that's good to know. Also, I am mildly amused at the fact that this was your 666th post and also accompanied by a Dark side point XD

I'm glad to know you're getting into it! Cheesy I'm almost finished with the next chapter (for finally--this chapter has taken me about 3 weeks now >.< ) so I'll post that soon. Smiley

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »

Welcome to the forum! You seem like a fully committed SW nerd - just the sort we like around here Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »

Ah! Okay, that's good to know. Also, I am mildly amused at the fact that this was your 666th post and also accompanied by a Dark side point XD

I had noticed the 666 posts too but wasn't sure whether it was a recognised milestone!

And don't worry I am a slow reader as I spend a lot of time designing hilts but when I finish I may try and create a hilt for a character from your story based on what I glean from your writings!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 02:14:27 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your complete Cosplay design.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 04:00:27 AM »

looks like quite a list you got going there.
if you're ever interested in a group. I can suggest Jedi Council of Florida. you can find them on FB. oh, and welcome to the forums.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 04:14:52 AM »

Welcome to the forum! You seem like a fully committed SW nerd - just the sort we like around here Cheesy

Thank you! I'm looking forward to being able to nerd out with everyone here 8D

I had noticed the 666 posts too but wasn't sure whether it was a recognised milestone!

And don't worry I am a slow reader as I spend a lot of time designing hilts but when I finish I may try and create a hilt for a character from your story based on what I glean from your writings!

I recognized it! lol

And neat! Cheesy I look forward to seeing your designs if you do! I just went back and saw your comment in the "Your Saber Pictures" Thread. The saber you posted there looks awesome! I'm so happy to have been your random choice of where to start in reading the fanfiction section lol. Also saw the recommendations from some of the others there. I'm so happy people are enjoying it :') I just got home from anniversary celebration, so I'm working on the last part of the 12th chapter now. It's a long one x_x

Hello and welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your complete Cosplay design.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing it to XD None of the cosplays I've done previously have involved armor building, so this is a new realm for me. My best friend builds armor for cosplays though, so she's giving pointers and guiding me through the process. I may end up doing multiple versions of the breastplate (one feminized and one traditional to original game design)

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:02 AM »

looks like quite a list you got going there.
if you're ever interested in a group. I can suggest Jedi Council of Florida. you can find them on FB. oh, and welcome to the forums.  Grin

Oh wow timing! Thank you for the suggestion! I actually live on the same street as Degobah Temple/Saber Craft in Miami, but it would be cool to meet other saber enthusiasts in Florida as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: