Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Salutations my fellow followers of the Force  (Read 13991 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 04:19:08 AM »

UPDATE: My scene partner and I got asked today to perform our duet for the upcoming departmental recital next Thursday, October 11th, so I'll post a livestream link once it gets closer if anyone would like to hear some Rigoletto. No idea what else will be on the program, but there's usually a good variety representing all of the different sections of the music department.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 11:01:14 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum and the addiction, Lady Revan.  Looks like you're already have a good start into your collection and I like that you have premium sound for most of your sabers which is much needed in my opinion but of course, the stunts have their uses as well since you can always spin and work on choreography without the sound.  I have to say that I am impressed by your resume, working on becoming a professional opera singer will dabbling into video games.  I'm a gamer myself ad play on console (XBox One X) but I do have a gamer tower and laptop that I play with my buddies either in a LAN party or through Steam.  We're more of an FPS type of gamer but do play a little bit of rpgs, not much, but a bit. 

Since you're into combat, there's a saber combat and artistry section but I'm pretty sure you've already come across them:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=14.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=38.0

Our resident Masters like Master Venturous, Master Resolute, and Master Graestar have one of the best tutorials and videos for you to check out.  They're also really active and will aid and guide you with any questions that you may have.

I also look forward to seeing your cosplay work when you're done, the wife and I are working on costumes as well.  There's lots of cosplayers on here so be sure to check out that section of the forum as well, you can find it here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=16.0

I look forward to seeing your Savior and Butcher sabers when they arrive!

MTFBWY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 06:21:38 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum and the addiction, Lady Revan.  Looks like you're already have a good start into your collection and I like that you have premium sound for most of your sabers which is much needed in my opinion but of course, the stunts have their uses as well since you can always spin and work on choreography without the sound.  I have to say that I am impressed by your resume, working on becoming a professional opera singer will dabbling into video games.  I'm a gamer myself ad play on console (XBox One X) but I do have a gamer tower and laptop that I play with my buddies either in a LAN party or through Steam.  We're more of an FPS type of gamer but do play a little bit of rpgs, not much, but a bit. 

Since you're into combat, there's a saber combat and artistry section but I'm pretty sure you've already come across them:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=14.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=38.0

Our resident Masters like Master Venturous, Master Resolute, and Master Graestar have one of the best tutorials and videos for you to check out.  They're also really active and will aid and guide you with any questions that you may have.

I also look forward to seeing your cosplay work when you're done, the wife and I are working on costumes as well.  There's lots of cosplayers on here so be sure to check out that section of the forum as well, you can find it here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=16.0

I look forward to seeing your Savior and Butcher sabers when they arrive!

MTFBWY

Hello! Thank you so much for your welcome. It's nice to meet you! I agree that sound is important--and much more fun when you're performing choreography as opposed to learning. I've found that the Combat Choreography actually has a lot of practical applications to opera (I might even get to choreograph a dual scene in our mainstage opera this year since there's a dual between the tenor and the baritone in the score! Probably won't be using lightsabers for the actual scene in context, since I don't think that the director will choose to set it in a lightsaber wielding universe, but it will still be cool) Only consol I use currently for gaming is Occulus Rift (which is still technically through my computer).

I've browsed the section but not had much time to look at things in depth. I'll definitely check out the tutorials of the people you've recommended though.

Maybe I'll post a WIP of the costume in the next couple days. Unfortunately I have to wait for weekends to do all of the paint work and sealing, since I'm in an apartment and my balcony is too small to lay out the paint stuff. I'm also forcing my boyfriend to dress as Carth, but his costume is significantly easier to piece together (especially since we decided to go for Carth's look in the comics). What costumes are you and your wife currently working on?

I'll be sure to post pictures when they do arrive. I've been wanting a Butcher style saber since before I even knew ultra sabers existed, so I splurged on the diamond controller when they announced that one (which was right in time, since they announced it the same day I started looking for saber options for this specific cosplay). I wanted to be able to change the color of the Savior though (without having to splurge on either emerald or diamond for the same order x_x) to account for the shift from blue to red depending on the point in the timeline so I went with the color discs. I've read a few tutorials on getting good color out of them, but I'll admit I'm a little paranoid they'll get stuck in the hilt or something like that given my luck...

Also update: I ordered my first double bladed today. Got the Sentinel Staff. I'm thinking they might be good separately for spinning practice too, since I have tiny hands but like big hilts >.<

MatthijsR
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »

Wow thats an impressive list of sabers. Welcome and do you have a youtube channel so we can check out your singing?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 11:42:27 AM »

Hello! Thank you so much for your welcome. It's nice to meet you! I agree that sound is important--and much more fun when you're performing choreography as opposed to learning. I've found that the Combat Choreography actually has a lot of practical applications to opera (I might even get to choreograph a dual scene in our mainstage opera this year since there's a dual between the tenor and the baritone in the score! Probably won't be using lightsabers for the actual scene in context, since I don't think that the director will choose to set it in a lightsaber wielding universe, but it will still be cool) Only consol I use currently for gaming is Occulus Rift (which is still technically through my computer).

I've browsed the section but not had much time to look at things in depth. I'll definitely check out the tutorials of the people you've recommended though.

Maybe I'll post a WIP of the costume in the next couple days. Unfortunately I have to wait for weekends to do all of the paint work and sealing, since I'm in an apartment and my balcony is too small to lay out the paint stuff. I'm also forcing my boyfriend to dress as Carth, but his costume is significantly easier to piece together (especially since we decided to go for Carth's look in the comics). What costumes are you and your wife currently working on?

I'll be sure to post pictures when they do arrive. I've been wanting a Butcher style saber since before I even knew ultra sabers existed, so I splurged on the diamond controller when they announced that one (which was right in time, since they announced it the same day I started looking for saber options for this specific cosplay). I wanted to be able to change the color of the Savior though (without having to splurge on either emerald or diamond for the same order x_x) to account for the shift from blue to red depending on the point in the timeline so I went with the color discs. I've read a few tutorials on getting good color out of them, but I'll admit I'm a little paranoid they'll get stuck in the hilt or something like that given my luck...

Also update: I ordered my first double bladed today. Got the Sentinel Staff. I'm thinking they might be good separately for spinning practice too, since I have tiny hands but like big hilts >.<

You're welcome and it's nice to meet you as well!  I agree, combat choreography and spinning has a lot of applications that one can use especially with sabers. You're probably dong this but I recommend practicing with both hands so saber work can flow better. I've been practicing on my non-dominant hand and it's pretty challenging to say the lease but slowly and surely, I'm getting there.  I've always wanted to get into VR but will wait until more main titled games get into the mix, otherwise, I can't justify buying a $400.00 headset that I'll hardly use and motion sickness is another concern. I've tried my buddy's VR and after 15 to 20 minutes, I had to stop since it started making me sick.  I'm told that you'll get used to it overtime so I'll dabble in it in the near future.

Definitely check out those sections at your leisure, you'll find lots of good content and training videos to help get you started.  They even have staff training for your new Sentinel staff, congrats on that by the way. 

I look forward to seeing your costume when you get it done.  I understand trying to paint in an apartment, it's not the easiest thing to do by any means so take your time.  The wife and I are working on Yoruichi Shihouin for the wife and Ichigo Kurosaki's cosplay for me from the Anime, Bleach.  I'm also working on a Gray Jedi costume as well, the wife isn't really into Star Wars so she may not do anything related even though I've been trying to get her into the cosplay with me.  We also plan to do a Sword Art Online cosplay together as well.  Will definitely post pictures once we get done with the costumes, weapons, and accessories.

I don't blame you for ordering the Butcher with a Diamond controller, I bet that'll be imposing when you get it.  I noticed you mentioned getting colored discs, did you order an Aegean Silver saber?  If so, lots of us ordered swatch books from Lee filters, they come in 1x2 samples that you can cut 1" diameter circles to place on top of your LED for a more vivid color. 

Here's some examples of sabers using Lee filters: http://saberforum.com/Themes/Dark-f/images/post/xx.gif

You can order them here: http://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm

There's also Roscolux swatch books that members have used as well, I plan on ordering a set to try out: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/45189-REG/Rosco_950SBLUX0103_Roscolux_Swatchbook.html

Between all the filters and the colored discs, you'll find the colors that you want.
Congrats again on your new staff, I also look forward to seeing that.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »

Welcome to the forum Lady Revan, you have quite the arsenal of sabers. And make sure to post a review of your Butcher and Savior when they come in.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »

Wow thats an impressive list of sabers. Welcome and do you have a youtube channel so we can check out your singing?
Hello Matt!

Thank you for the welcome!

I do not have a channel for my singing for the reasons I listed in my intro post, but I’ll be sure to link livestreams as they happen. There will be one a week from today where I will be singing the duet from Rigoletto. My boyfriend’s channel might have some recordings of things we’ve done together though, so I’ll check and get back to you.

UPDATE: he does not. Only ensemble thing he has posted is with a different soprano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 06:41:54 PM »

You're welcome and it's nice to meet you as well!  I agree, combat choreography and spinning has a lot of applications that one can use especially with sabers. You're probably dong this but I recommend practicing with both hands so saber work can flow better. I've been practicing on my non-dominant hand and it's pretty challenging to say the lease but slowly and surely, I'm getting there.  I've always wanted to get into VR but will wait until more main titled games get into the mix, otherwise, I can't justify buying a $400.00 headset that I'll hardly use and motion sickness is another concern. I've tried my buddy's VR and after 15 to 20 minutes, I had to stop since it started making me sick.  I'm told that you'll get used to it overtime so I'll dabble in it in the near future.

Definitely check out those sections at your leisure, you'll find lots of good content and training videos to help get you started.  They even have staff training for your new Sentinel staff, congrats on that by the way.  

I look forward to seeing your costume when you get it done.  I understand trying to paint in an apartment, it's not the easiest thing to do by any means so take your time.  The wife and I are working on Yoruichi Shihouin for the wife and Ichigo Kurosaki's cosplay for me from the Anime, Bleach.  I'm also working on a Gray Jedi costume as well, the wife isn't really into Star Wars so she may not do anything related even though I've been trying to get her into the cosplay with me.  We also plan to do a Sword Art Online cosplay together as well.  Will definitely post pictures once we get done with the costumes, weapons, and accessories.

I don't blame you for ordering the Butcher with a Diamond controller, I bet that'll be imposing when you get it.  I noticed you mentioned getting colored discs, did you order an Aegean Silver saber?  If so, lots of us ordered swatch books from Lee filters, they come in 1x2 samples that you can cut 1" diameter circles to place on top of your LED for a more vivid color.  

Here's some examples of sabers using Lee filters: http://saberforum.com/Themes/Dark-f/images/post/xx.gif

You can order them here: http://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm

There's also Roscolux swatch books that members have used as well, I plan on ordering a set to try out: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/45189-REG/Rosco_950SBLUX0103_Roscolux_Swatchbook.html

Between all the filters and the colored discs, you'll find the colors that you want.
Congrats again on your new staff, I also look forward to seeing that.

Oh that’s a given! Especially since I like big hilts XD haven’t built up the strength yet in my wrists to have enough control for single handed.

As for the VR, different games have different comfort levels. I have motion sickness issues as well, but there are certain games that don’t trigger (like beat saber, fruit ninja, or I expect you to die). Other games (like Skyrim and Valkyrie) are rated as “intense” and are bad for people with motion sickness though. What I’ve found helps with the more intense games are acupressure therapy bands. You can get them online or at pharmacies. The ones I have also use aromatherapy to help ease nausea, but they’re a child size for my tiny wrists, so I’m not sure where you could find them in adult size with the additional aromatherapy.

Link on amazon: Sea-Band Adult Wristband Natural Nausea Relief, 1 Pair, Colors May Vary, Anti-Nausea Acupressure Wristband for Travel or Morning Sickness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F731N0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vZLTBbDWMR7WH

Thanks for the congratulations! I think I might have to end up getting shorter blades for the staff in the future though. Not sure how the 32 inch will work with my height when it extends in both ways.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your and your wife’s costumes when they’re finished!

I was styling the wig last night, but I think I still want to thin out the side bangs a little to give it a more natural look (there’s one specific avatar who has always been the look for the character in my head). I can possibly post outfit minus breastplate, bracers, mask, and waist piece later tonight (cloak would be tied for that though since there’s no breastplate to stitch it to yet).

And yes, savior I got in Aegean Silver so I could have a cheaper option for changing between blade colors.

I’ll definitely look into the swatches. I’ve heard a good red is difficult to achieve with the discs, so hopefully it will be a bit easier with those.

I’ll try to post pics of all my sabers soon too (maybe waiting for at least the sentinel staff to arrive)

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »

Welcome to the forum Lady Revan, you have quite the arsenal of sabers. And make sure to post a review of your Butcher and Savior when they come in.
I’ll be sure to do so! Ordered on the day they were announced (because it happened to be the same exact day I started looking for sabers for my new cosplay project), so hopefully I’ll be among the first of the pre-ordered to go out

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 07:12:04 PM »

Oh that’s a given! Especially since I like big hilts XD haven’t built up the strength yet in my wrists to have enough control for single handed.

As for the VR, different games have different comfort levels. I have motion sickness issues as well, but there are certain games that don’t trigger (like beat saber, fruit ninja, or I expect you to die). Other games (like Skyrim and Valkyrie) are rated as “intense” and are bad for people with motion sickness though. What I’ve found helps with the more intense games are acupressure therapy bands. You can get them online or at pharmacies. The ones I have also use aromatherapy to help ease nausea, but they’re a child size for my tiny wrists, so I’m not sure where you could find them in adult size with the additional aromatherapy.

Link on amazon: Sea-Band Adult Wristband Natural Nausea Relief, 1 Pair, Colors May Vary, Anti-Nausea Acupressure Wristband for Travel or Morning Sickness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F731N0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vZLTBbDWMR7WH

Thanks for the congratulations! I think I might have to end up getting shorter blades for the staff in the future though. Not sure how the 32 inch will work with my height when it extends in both ways.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your and your wife’s costumes when they’re finished!

I was styling the wig last night, but I think I still want to thin out the side bangs a little to give it a more natural look (there’s one specific avatar who has always been the look for the character in my head). I can possibly post outfit minus breastplate, bracers, mask, and waist piece later tonight (cloak would be tied for that though since there’s no breastplate to stitch it to yet).

And yes, savior I got in Aegean Silver so I could have a cheaper option for changing between blade colors.

I’ll definitely look into the swatches. I’ve heard a good red is difficult to achieve with the discs, so hopefully it will be a bit easier with those.

I’ll try to post pics of all my sabers soon too (maybe waiting for at least the sentinel staff to arrive)

I've honestly wielded some of the other guy's hilts and although I like some design, the felt a little flimsy to me. Maybe because I have large hands, I'm not sure but I like the way that UltraSabers' hilts feel. The Aeon/Dominix and the Sentinel hilts are by far one of the most comfortable hilts to duel, spin, and wield.

Good to know, I never gotten motion sickness until the last couple of years and the VR will get to me after some time. I've been reading up on good motion sickness remedies and there's just so many stuff to choose from so it's good to know someone with experience first hand. Thanks, I think I'll pickup that wristband and try it out the next time I get into some VR gameplay.

For someone your height and using a staff, I recommend the 24" blades since the dual Sentinels are better nice size in length, you'll still have the reach and whatnot without it feeling too short for you.

I will definitely post pictures of our costumes. I may start a thread as soon as we get all the materials in and begin our costume building.  Will let you and those that are interested know.

I look forward to seeing what you have so far. I like looking at new costumes and getting ideas on how certain things are put together or what materials are used and shaped to mimic the original product. 

You'll love the Aegean Silver blade, it's really vibrant and bright.  Once you get into playing around with colored disks and swatch book filters, it's like trying new candy since you get to play around with the different colors, seeing what you like and don't like.  I've heard that people also mix colored disks as well to look for different mixes or combine two of the same color to get a darker color. It's all up to how you want your colors set up.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »

Welcome to the forums. It's nice to have another singer on here.

And I also agree with what Infinite said about the 24 inch blades. I'm 5'11" and that's what I use for my staff work, as it feels more comfortable and faster to wield.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 04:32:36 AM »

I've honestly wielded some of the other guy's hilts and although I like some design, the felt a little flimsy to me. Maybe because I have large hands, I'm not sure but I like the way that UltraSabers' hilts feel. The Aeon/Dominix and the Sentinel hilts are by far one of the most comfortable hilts to duel, spin, and wield.

Good to know, I never gotten motion sickness until the last couple of years and the VR will get to me after some time. I've been reading up on good motion sickness remedies and there's just so many stuff to choose from so it's good to know someone with experience first hand. Thanks, I think I'll pickup that wristband and try it out the next time I get into some VR gameplay.

For someone your height and using a staff, I recommend the 24" blades since the dual Sentinels are better nice size in length, you'll still have the reach and whatnot without it feeling too short for you.

I will definitely post pictures of our costumes. I may start a thread as soon as we get all the materials in and begin our costume building.  Will let you and those that are interested know.

I look forward to seeing what you have so far. I like looking at new costumes and getting ideas on how certain things are put together or what materials are used and shaped to mimic the original product.  

You'll love the Aegean Silver blade, it's really vibrant and bright.  Once you get into playing around with colored disks and swatch book filters, it's like trying new candy since you get to play around with the different colors, seeing what you like and don't like.  I've heard that people also mix colored disks as well to look for different mixes or combine two of the same color to get a darker color. It's all up to how you want your colors set up.

I have teeny tiny baby hands, so a lot of the more fun designs are difficult for me to use for spins and the like (I can hold them fine, but outside of two handed it gets shaky)

I was skeptical about the wristbands until I tried them, but they are SUPER helpful for games like Skyrim. I used to only be able to play 15 minutes at a time, but now I can go over an hour

I’ll try the 24 inch! I’m just under 5’1” so Blade length can be a real problem for me. I just got the shipment notice today. Should receive my sentinel on Tuesday

So far this is most (cloak is a little awkward without having the breastplate to attach). Missing breastplate, bracers, belt/sash, and mask. Wig needs to be thinned out on the sides to look more natural. Sabers standing in are Emperor’s hand in violet amethyst and Electrum wind in sentinel yellow

https://imgur.com/gallery/ItYTMHJ

One of the knights at my local saber temple has an Aegean Silver she brought to the meeting tonight and it was GORGEOUS! I’m really excited!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 04:42:22 AM »

Welcome to the forums. It's nice to have another singer on here.

And I also agree with what Infinite said about the 24 inch blades. I'm 5'11" and that's what I use for my staff work, as it feels more comfortable and faster to wield.
You are a singer too? Very neat! What voice type are you and what genre(s) do you perform?

I’m just under 5’1”, so after hearing this, I’m tempted to try even the 16inch lol

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 05:49:48 AM »

So far this is most (cloak is a little awkward without having the breastplate to attach). Missing breastplate, bracers, belt/sash, and mask. Wig needs to be thinned out on the sides to look more natural. Sabers standing in are Emperor’s hand in violet amethyst and Electrum wind in sentinel yellow

https://imgur.com/gallery/ItYTMHJ

Great pics LadyRevan - that almost exactly matches how I envision Halin Chan.  So much creativity you've got there, music, writing, costumes, sabre artistry clearly the Force is flowing through you strongly! 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 06:44:15 AM »

Great pics LadyRevan - that almost exactly matches how I envision Halin Chan.  So much creativity you've got there, music, writing, costumes, sabre artistry clearly the Force is flowing through you strongly! 
Thanks! There’s a specific avatar I have in my head for Revan, which is the same one I used for Halin when I did her play through (using same one for “Gwen” who will be re-programmed Halin in Part III, but that’s a long way off lol). It’s why I wanted to do a wig instead of my natural hair. I’ve recently discovered that disclosure of gender is not required in the form for Saber Guild and Darth Revan is an approved canon character, so I may tweak some stuff and submit it eventually to see what happens XD means I have to step up the game on my detailing for the breastplate though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: