Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Salutations my fellow followers of the Force  (Read 14005 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 11:51:27 AM »

I have teeny tiny baby hands, so a lot of the more fun designs are difficult for me to use for spins and the like (I can hold them fine, but outside of two handed it gets shaky)

I was skeptical about the wristbands until I tried them, but they are SUPER helpful for games like Skyrim. I used to only be able to play 15 minutes at a time, but now I can go over an hour

I’ll try the 24 inch! I’m just under 5’1” so Blade length can be a real problem for me. I just got the shipment notice today. Should receive my sentinel on Tuesday

So far this is most (cloak is a little awkward without having the breastplate to attach). Missing breastplate, bracers, belt/sash, and mask. Wig needs to be thinned out on the sides to look more natural. Sabers standing in are Emperor’s hand in violet amethyst and Electrum wind in sentinel yellow

https://imgur.com/gallery/ItYTMHJ

One of the knights at my local saber temple has an Aegean Silver she brought to the meeting tonight and it was GORGEOUS! I’m really excited!

I understand, I have large hands so the EH and the Consular fits perfectly one or two handed although I prefer one.  Speaking of large hilts, I've always wondered how large the Electrum Wind was until I saw you wielding it with your EH.  It's rather large, is it comfortable?  I've been wanting to order one myself but have seen it and never could gauge how big was it was since most people note that it's pretty hefty.

I look forward to seeing the Sentinel, as you know, shipping is pretty quick once you receive notice that its on its way, US is really quick about getting the sabers to us.

The cloak looks great, without your armor and all, you remind me of a darker version of Red Riding Hood, a Sith version. Lol.  Just kidding, hopefully that wasn't offensive.  Your current setup without the armor still looks good, Sith all the way. I look forward to seeing it altogether and with the Butcher and the Savior to make it complete.

I honestly didn't know about AS until I've seen pictures and videos of it and I knew that I wanted a saber with that color even if I'll never change the color on it.  Igniting mine for the first time sure put a smile on my face, it'll happen for you too.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2018, 01:10:34 PM »

You are a singer too? Very neat! What voice type are you and what genre(s) do you perform?

I’m just under 5’1”, so after hearing this, I’m tempted to try even the 16inch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a tenor and grew up with mostly classic rock music, so that is my preferred genre. Bands like Styx, Boston, REO Speedwagon, Genesis, and Queen are where I spend most of my time vocally, but I also delve into newer stuff like Savage Garden, Linkin Park, all the way to HIM.

And if you're just under 5'1", I would say start with 24 inch blades and see how they feel. They can always be shortened later. And if you ever decide to just use one hilt, you'll be happier with a 24 than a 16 inch blade.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »

I understand, I have large hands so the EH and the Consular fits perfectly one or two handed although I prefer one.  Speaking of large hilts, I've always wondered how large the Electrum Wind was until I saw you wielding it with your EH.  It's rather large, is it comfortable?  I've been wanting to order one myself but have seen it and never could gauge how big was it was since most people note that it's pretty hefty.

I look forward to seeing the Sentinel, as you know, shipping is pretty quick once you receive notice that its on its way, US is really quick about getting the sabers to us.

The cloak looks great, without your armor and all, you remind me of a darker version of Red Riding Hood, a Sith version. Lol.  Just kidding, hopefully that wasn't offensive.  Your current setup without the armor still looks good, Sith all the way. I look forward to seeing it altogether and with the Butcher and the Savior to make it complete.

I honestly didn't know about AS until I've seen pictures and videos of it and I knew that I wanted a saber with that color even if I'll never change the color on it.  Igniting mine for the first time sure put a smile on my face, it'll happen for you too.
Electrum wind is pretty big, but very light. It doesn’t have a nice dip in the hilt to use for flourishes like there are on some of the other hilts. Other saber I have in the pics is Emperor’s Hand, do you can sort of see the size comparison. I got the more body design for the black part near the pommel, so that also increases the size some. The black near the emitter is super grip friendly, but it does increase friction a bit. It’s pretty big, but comfy for even smaller hands because it’s so shockingly light compared to a lot of others (even though you can see it’s bigger than EH, it’s much lighter than it also)

Arrival says Tuesday, but several of my others have arrived a day before the estimated delivery. It won’t come in time for class on Saturday, unfortunately, but it’s nice that we can order and get sabers in less than a week.

Thanks! Lol And none taken. You’re actually not the first person to compare something I’ve worn with a dark Sith little red riding hood... though the last time my hood was actually red lol. I’m going to do a lot of the painting tonight. I pointed out to my boyfriend that we have less than a month to finish if we want to use them for Halloween, and his backyard is the only place really where I can safely paint without worrying about fumes. If we can get his Carth costume in any semblance of order by tonight, I’ll do pics of his too. Only thing I’m building for him is shoulder pads and maybe a belt buckle, but we need to paint his blaster pistols so they’re not white and orange.

I look forward to seeing it! The person I mentioned’s was so pretty, I know I won’t be disappointed.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »

I'm a tenor and grew up with mostly classic rock music, so that is my preferred genre. Bands like Styx, Boston, REO Speedwagon, Genesis, and Queen are where I spend most of my time vocally, but I also delve into newer stuff like Savage Garden, Linkin Park, all the way to HIM.

And if you're just under 5'1", I would say start with 24 inch blades and see how they feel. They can always be shortened later. And if you ever decide to just use one hilt, you'll be happier with a 24 than a 16 inch blade.
Very nice! If you have any public recordings, LMK, though I completely understand if you do not.

This is true. With breakaway I would just have saber daggers at that point lol. I guess it will all be a matter of trial and error.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »

Electrum wind is pretty big, but very light. It doesn’t have a nice dip in the hilt to use for flourishes like there are on some of the other hilts. Other saber I have in the pics is Emperor’s Hand, do you can sort of see the size comparison. I got the more body design for the black part near the pommel, so that also increases the size some. The black near the emitter is super grip friendly, but it does increase friction a bit. It’s pretty big, but comfy for even smaller hands because it’s so shockingly light compared to a lot of others (even though you can see it’s bigger than EH, it’s much lighter than it also)

Arrival says Tuesday, but several of my others have arrived a day before the estimated delivery. It won’t come in time for class on Saturday, unfortunately, but it’s nice that we can order and get sabers in less than a week.

Thanks! Lol And none taken. You’re actually not the first person to compare something I’ve worn with a dark Sith little red riding hood... though the last time my hood was actually red lol. I’m going to do a lot of the painting tonight. I pointed out to my boyfriend that we have less than a month to finish if we want to use them for Halloween, and his backyard is the only place really where I can safely paint without worrying about fumes. If we can get his Carth costume in any semblance of order by tonight, I’ll do pics of his too. Only thing I’m building for him is shoulder pads and maybe a belt buckle, but we need to paint his blaster pistols so they’re not white and orange.

I look forward to seeing it! The person I mentioned’s was so pretty, I know I won’t be disappointed.

Good to know about the Electrum Wind and thank you for that. I'll still get it then, the size alone put me off a bit since I thought it was going to be on the heavy side as well.  It's a beautiful saber and I would have to hate to pass up on owning it.  Good to know that's lighter than the EH, I have a Consular and the EH is heavier than that one as well but I still love my EH, it's still comfortable regardless.

I look forward to seeing them, my sabers came a few days early each time as well, one of the many things that I love about US.

It's not a bad thing one bit, you can always cross cosplay one of these days and make a Sith or Dark Jedi Riding Hood, that would be Epic.  And have your boyfriend dress up as the 'Big Bad wolf" who is a Jedi... Lol.  I notice that you like to dabble with making your own costumes and customizing them, it's really cool. I like doing it on my own but can't really sow so I normally have my wife do it.  She hates painting but I love it so I do that part of it.  Win/win

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 05:25:42 PM »

Very nice! If you have any public recordings, LMK, though I completely understand if you do not.

This is true. With breakaway I would just have saber daggers at that point lol. I guess it will all be a matter of trial and error.

Sadly, most sites wouldn't allow me to upload them due to copyright laws, since they are essentially covers. I could email the original files if you like, just can't upload them anywhere.

Agreeing with everyone else, those are nice pics. Have you done much cosplay at all? If so, who is your favorite character to portray?

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2018, 05:54:03 AM »

Good to know about the Electrum Wind and thank you for that. I'll still get it then, the size alone put me off a bit since I thought it was going to be on the heavy side as well.  It's a beautiful saber and I would have to hate to pass up on owning it.  Good to know that's lighter than the EH, I have a Consular and the EH is heavier than that one as well but I still love my EH, it's still comfortable regardless.

I look forward to seeing them, my sabers came a few days early each time as well, one of the many things that I love about US.

It's not a bad thing one bit, you can always cross cosplay one of these days and make a Sith or Dark Jedi Riding Hood, that would be Epic.  And have your boyfriend dress up as the 'Big Bad wolf" who is a Jedi... Lol.  I notice that you like to dabble with making your own costumes and customizing them, it's really cool. I like doing it on my own but can't really sow so I normally have my wife do it.  She hates painting but I love it so I do that part of it.  Win/win

My pleasure! It's always nice to hear about hilts from people with personal experience with them instead of trying to guess.

Same! I love how fast they are....

I got a little bit of the painting done tonight and the mask I ordered for a reference came today. Worst case scenario, if I cannot finish building mine I'll use it, but The proportions seem super awkward to me and it's too large over all (it adjusts small enough, but makes my head disproportionately big and doesn't allow me to look downward because it's too long for my neck and hits my collarbone. Will post pictures soon

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 05:59:45 AM »

Sadly, most sites wouldn't allow me to upload them due to copyright laws, since they are essentially covers. I could email the original files if you like, just can't upload them anywhere.

Agreeing with everyone else, those are nice pics. Have you done much cosplay at all? If so, who is your favorite character to portray?

I got your PM! I'll send a reply once I get a chance to listen.

I've done a little bit, but this is probably the most detailed I'm doing. I've done some original steampunk costumes, an elf, Octavia from MLP (it was a cosplay duo with my best friend who did Vinyl Scratch--they're the musician background pony roommates), Bloom from Winx Club, multiple different variations of Christine Daaé from the Phantom of the Opera, and Missy from Doctor Who. I've debated an Aeryn Sun cosplay (Farscape) before also, but thought it would be better if I could get a group for it... which I've not been able to do so far.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2018, 06:06:38 AM »

Painting updates and pic of reference mask

https://imgur.com/gallery/b08Neza

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »

I got your PM! I'll send a reply once I get a chance to listen.

I've done a little bit, but this is probably the most detailed I'm doing. I've done some original steampunk costumes, an elf, Octavia from MLP (it was a cosplay duo with my best friend who did Vinyl Scratch--they're the musician background pony roommates), Bloom from Winx Club, multiple different variations of Christine Daaé from the Phantom of the Opera, and Missy from Doctor Who. I've debated an Aeryn Sun cosplay (Farscape) before also, but thought it would be better if I could get a group for it... which I've not been able to do so far.

That's awesome that you have done Missy from Dr. Who. I haven't seen very many people cosplay as her and she's totally worthy of it. Also, nice job on painting the blasters. Styling your own weapons is super fun and rewarding.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2018, 11:32:38 PM »

UPDATE: I was carrying them both without blades to class today and they’re actually about the same weight. EW feels lighter with blade in because it balances really well

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »

That's awesome that you have done Missy from Dr. Who. I haven't seen very many people cosplay as her and she's totally worthy of it. Also, nice job on painting the blasters. Styling your own weapons is super fun and rewarding.

Missy was super fun to cosplay--definitely one of my favorites! Plus, her costume is very useful because The pieces were re-usable for other things (when we do smaller opera scenes programs, we often have to costume our own characters).

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2018, 04:37:03 PM »

I have teeny tiny baby hands, so a lot of the more fun designs are difficult for me to use for spins and the like (I can hold them fine, but outside of two handed it gets shaky)

I was skeptical about the wristbands until I tried them, but they are SUPER helpful for games like Skyrim. I used to only be able to play 15 minutes at a time, but now I can go over an hour

I’ll try the 24 inch! I’m just under 5’1” so Blade length can be a real problem for me. I just got the shipment notice today. Should receive my sentinel on Tuesday

So far this is most (cloak is a little awkward without having the breastplate to attach). Missing breastplate, bracers, belt/sash, and mask. Wig needs to be thinned out on the sides to look more natural. Sabers standing in are Emperor’s hand in violet amethyst and Electrum wind in sentinel yellow

https://imgur.com/gallery/ItYTMHJ

One of the knights at my local saber temple has an Aegean Silver she brought to the meeting tonight and it was GORGEOUS! I’m really excited!

You've got a good foundation LR!  I can't wait to see your full ensemble!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2018, 04:49:41 PM »

You've got a good foundation LR!  I can't wait to see your full ensemble!

Thanks! Both hand guards and one bracer are nearly finished, but the breastplate has been kicking me to the curb with the amount of detailing involved. It's going to be an EVA foam sealed in Worbla with metallic painting in six shades (gold, bronze, rose gold, silver, steel, and black) with partial covering in black vinyl leather. x_x I may or may not get to the bask before the first time I wanted to use it. I have a cheap backup one I ordered for referencing to build a mask, but it's awful XD

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 01:32:41 AM »

Breastplate progress:

https://imgur.com/gallery/yczVbV4

Also, I mentioned my boyfriend is going to be comic Carth, but I forgot to mention the kitties are getting in on this too. They’re going to be 2 little gizka. It’s gonna be awesome! XD

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: