Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth - Jedi Survivor  (Read 5616 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 08:19:37 PM »

Hi Karmack and Golden Fedora,

Hi guys, to address the Sith "partly" owning a mine isn't very plausible. As far as the galaxy knows the deals were made by Larsh Hill but who's to say that this status quo will continue? Wink

To Golden Fedora, I think Ventor was just "bending the truth" slightly about the possible identity of the shadowy figure to get the troops worked up. Commander Kentu was about to say something in response to the claims but was cut off by 57 who jumped at the "knowledge" and wanted to know what he had to do.

EDIT: A slight problem has just appeared having checked a few reference pages. I wrote these first passages around two years ago and when I looked up Banking Clans and the like there was no mention that Larsh Hill died in 55 BBY. I set this story in 22 BBY so I have a bit of a hitch. It seems the story moved without my knowledge. I guess I could re-write the character as somebody else.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »

Um...   Larsh Hill Junior...  :-)
Or he could be using his Identity....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »

Um...   Larsh Hill Junior...  :-)
Or he could be using his Identity....

Hi Karmack, thanks that could be a retconn I can use. It seems Larsh had a son named San Hill so it shouldn't take much to slot San in instead f his father. And it would be another one of those recurring themes seen in SW.

Why did the Maladians have to decapitate Larsh without me knowing? Ho hum!
I'll have to come up with some other slimy substitute character.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »

Why did the Maladians have to decapitate Larsh without me knowing? Ho hum!
I'll have to come up with some other slimy substitute character.

I wouldn't worry too much, just do your thing they way you planned - no one here is going to get too worried about it I think considering what we do to canon...Or as Karm suggested given Larsh's background it would not be illogical for another member of the Banking clan to be named after the first one, or it might be a family name or something.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 09:41:56 PM »

Or as Karm suggested given Larsh's background it would not be illogical for another member of the Banking clan to be named after the first one, or it might be a family name or something.

Oh I have "discovered" that Larsh did have a son,, named San Hill but he was killed by Anakin on Mustafar! Soo that might be a bit tricky too!

There was also another character named San Hill, who was a human but there is confusion if this human is meant to be the Muun San Hill (the human appeared in computer game Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption)

I'll just come up with a new character name.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »

I find these to be quite helpful with that.

http://www.dimfuture.net/starwars/random/generate.php

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 08:24:14 PM »

Oh, I like this!  Point!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 08:36:02 PM »

I find these to be quite helpful with that.

http://www.dimfuture.net/starwars/random/generate.php

Hi Golden Fedora, yeah thanks for the link. I may use that, I just have to go through the rest of the story and check I haven't any more hiccups in my narrative before I post any more!

point incoming

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 10:45:37 PM »

Thanks for the points Karm and Tyeth, I have some for ya'll as well.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 12:26:15 AM »

Hi All,

After a little hiccup, I have renamed Larsh Hill using a name I had and a name from a SW Name Generator (Thanks Golden Fedora for the link - I'll drop you another point)

From henceforth Larsh will now be known as ULLA DRIET (oops, I sounded like a Sith Lord naming my apprentice just then Grin). Anyhoo with that out of the way here are another couple of pages....
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

“How much do you want for the skiff?” For asked the Kon'me fisherman.
“Bach!” he replied pointing to the object at For's waist.
“Noo, I told you I cannot give you my Lightsaber!”
“Bach! Bach!” the Kon'me repeated.
Sha Koon interrupted, “Having problems, For?”
“We're not having problems, it's called Negotiating I believe.” For quipped.
“Could I speak with you in private a moment?” Sha urged, “Let me have a word with him.”
For stood aside and motioned to Sha to take over.
“Now Taaki, you don't want a Lightsaber, you want Republic Credits for your skiff.” Sha said in a strange tone and with a slight movement of her hand.
“NAH! BACH!” responded the slightly frustrated native.
“No, you don't want the Lightsaber, you want Credits, YES?” Sha insisted with a stronger gesture this time.
“NAH! NAH! NAH!” Taaki shouted, “Nah Lightsaber, Nah skeef!”
For realised they were getting nowhere like this and decided he had to act.
“Look Taaki the Lightsaber won't work for you only me, here try for yourself!” For unhooked his Lightsaber and held it out to the fisherman, “Press that blue button there.”
Sha couldn't believe what she was seeing as For surrendered his weapon.
As Taaki went to press the activation button For concentrated on Plasma flowing then stopping inside the cylindrical device.
FFFFfffttt…. The Lightsaber failed to ignite.
Annoyed Taaki tried again, once more For focused on the flow of Plasma.
FFFFfffttt…. The Lightsaber did nothing which angered Taaki who threw the 'useless' object to the ground.
“I'm afraid I did warn you, wouldn't you prefer some Credits which you can use instead?” For enquired as sincerely as he could.
Taaki considered a moment then quickly nodding his approval, “Ohkay, kredeets” he said in broken Galactic Standard Language.
“There you go much better, now lets make the exchange, oh Sha could you prepare the skiff so we can leave while I count out the money? Thank you!”
“Wha..!” Sha was about to say but stopped as For bent down and picked up the discarded Lightsaber, wiped it down, hooked it back on his belt, then followed Taaki into his cave dwelling.
Ten minutes later For and Sha Koon had acquired the skiff and were cruising at speed around the island heading to the mainland and the rest of the team, but Sha had some questions for her companion.
“May I ask you some questions?”
“Of course, what would you like to talk about?” For replied, though he suspected he already knew.
“What's wrong with your Lightsaber?”
He was correct.
“Nothing is wrong with it, try it for yourself.” For turned and handed her his weapon.
Sha took the hilt and depressed the blue button as Taaki had done and immediately a 1m long, blue blade of light appeared, similar to hers except blue, “But it didn't..”
“Work?” For interrupted, “I know.”
“But how is it working now?”
For took a breath and said, “You are wise like your uncle and I sense you will be a remembered as one of the great Jedi, but don't think the Academy teaches you everything you need to know to survive,” he paused, “I also sense you'd like to know the secret hmm?”
Sha, not sure if that had been a back-handed compliment replied, “If I may.”
“It was a parlour trick, it was operational all the time, I just used the Force to sense when Taaki was going to press the button and I then used the Force to switch the saber off at exactly the same moment!”
Puzzled Sha then asked, “If it was that simple, then why don't Jedi and Sith just switch each other's weapons off when dueling?”
“A Lightsaber is a mechanical device and we Jedi utilise the Force to control it's use. We use the Force, the Force helps control the Lightsaber and blade. The Sith do the same, so we both concentrate on using our own weapon safely. Finally because the Force surrounds and penetrates the Lightsaber through it's owner, any effort to disrupt it would have to be huge and distracting in a battle. So I was able to, and had to stop Taaki because...”
For waited for Sha to finish the explanation herself.
“Because Taaki isn't a Force user and could have injured or killed himself!” Sha replied with a sense of realisation, “OK, that was clever! I'll give you that!”
“Why thank you.”
With that the conversation ended, Sha extinguished and returned For's Lightsaber and within 30 minutes the skiff approached the mainland.

As the skiff carrying the two Jedi approached the shore, three more similar vehicles arrived at the beach they had just vacated. Unfortunately these skiffs were carrying Confederation Troopers, armed with Blaster Rifles which contrasted against the shining white armour they wore. The skiffs came to rest on the sands and were immediately vacated by the troops. They spread out, weapons drawn and began searching each of the caves facing the waterline.
A voice crackled in the helmet of the leader, “Nothing in the first two caves Sir, is the droid working properly?”
“Received CT21, I'll call the Droid up for confirmation, await instruction.”
The leader raised his arm and adjusted a control on his wristband and seconds later an unworldly, pulsating hum could be heard. Another second passed and a set of antennae could be seen rising up from behind the tree line at the far end of the beach. These aerials were mounted on a metallic drum shaped body, 1m in diameter, covered with lenses, sensors and a yellow light. Attached to the base of the drum were several spindly, jointed legs however they didn't support the machine. It seemed to hover on an anti-gravity cushion emitted from a dome between them fixed to the drum's base. It glided above the sand and came to a halt in front of the commanding officer and emitted a series of electronic beeps and whistles.
“CT21 check the fifth cave along there should be three of them in there!”
“Roger, fifth cave.” replied the Trooper.
CT21 and three of his comrades approached, guns at the ready, the mouth of the cave. Igniting their helmet lights they entered he cave. After a few minutes shouting and some unintelligible noises were heard before, “We're coming out, we have all three targets.”
“Affirmative CT21.”
Then Taaki followed by two more figures, exited the cave at gunpoint. One of the figures appeared to be a female of the species, the other a child. The group walked to the commander and stopped.
“You, are there any more of you here?”
“Nah!” replied Taaki.
“I know your species can communicate in our language so talk, are there any other people here?” the commander demanded.
“Noh! Noh one heerr, jusst my famle.” answered the Kon'me as best he could.
“Have you had some visitors by any chance?”
“Visiterrs?” Taaki repeated.
“Don't play games with me, you know there are strangers around here, the Droid detected them but must have left – tell me about them!”
“We know noh visiterrs! We 'lone!”
The commander was beginning to get angry, “I don't believe you, maybe my superior can get some truth out of you at the mines.”
“Plese don't taake us to mienz, heerr taake kredeets, yess?” Taaki suggested taking the rectangular coins out of a pouch in his skin.
“Money huh? Where would a slug like you get Republic Credits from? CT21 put them in the skiffs, one in each boat so they don't try anything stupid,” then turning to Taaki and knocking the coins out of his hand, “These are no good to me, so now you can answer to my masters who aren't so forgiving!”
The female and child screamed out simultaneously, “Naaaah!”
Taaki, in shock looked down at the credits.
The commander just barked, “Take them away!”
With that the three Kon'me were herded onto the skiffs, to be taken to the mines.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Chapter 2 coming soon.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 01:35:15 AM »

A little glimpse into who the war hurts most, just a simple fisherman who was in the wrong place at the wrong time...and the Jedi have just moved on and most likely poor Taaki will never be heard of again, vanishing into the mines.  Sad but all too accurate.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: