Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Any Metallica Fans Here on the Forum?  (Read 12810 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 11:55:20 PM »

Your guitar collection is quite impressive, DPM. That and your amazing guitar skills are a killer combo. So you take any out for concerts? Or since they’re goegeous, you have a “beater” that you use and keep those for home use only?
Thank you, sir Smiley There was a time when I had that philosophy for sure; when I was certainly nervous to take them out to a show. I'm very fond of them of course, but they're also not cheap. However, as I got older and acquired these signature pieces specifically (and formed a Metallica tribute band), I knew they needed to be seen; otherwise, as nice as they are, they'd merely be display pieces seen only by me and a select group of friends. I figure that would be a waste.

You’re welcome. I just clicked on the YouTube link since I like watching my videos on YouTube itself and it was just video after video.  I would love to see any current ones when you upload them.  I like cover bands, especially ones that pay homage and are really accurate to the original.
Absolutely, I'm happy to let you know when new videos are posted. The House of Blues show around this time last year was the last video project I've done for the band; largely due to how labor intensive it was. It was an incredible opportunity for us, so I brought in 4 video cameras and professional audio to capture it. I edited and produced the video/audio, which took awhile by itself with multiple camera angles to cut. After that, I authored and produced a Blu-ray of the entire show with custom menus, special features, disc art, cover art; the whole nine yards. I'm quite proud of it, but I didn't finish it until Christmas, so... it basically just wore me out Lol.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 12:01:41 AM »

I'm also a Hetfield nut. This collection is so insane to me! I really like the vulture, the snakebyte, and the last one.
I have ONE guitar.LOL Tongue
Good to know another Hetfield admirer! At one time, I had only one of them Smiley Honestly, I would not have this many of them if I wasn't active in a Metallica Tribute band. The band has provided a means in which to justify having them Lol.

My favorites are the JH-1 (Hot Rod V) and JH-2 (Diamond Plate Explorer). They were really the first unique signature guitars he had beyond the regular white and black explorers. I wanted them for such a long time and they eluded me for such a long time, I was stoked to finally acquire each.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 08:43:44 AM »

Kirk Hammett is a guitar god. 

Period.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 11:05:06 AM »

I think you would be hard pressed to not find a Metallica fan on any forum out there LOL.

I dig the really stiff much better then the rest, by early Masters of Puppets on down. But it's all good.

That guitar collection is freaking crazy!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »

Thank you, sir Smiley There was a time when I had that philosophy for sure; when I was certainly nervous to take them out to a show. I'm very fond of them of course, but they're also not cheap. However, as I got older and acquired these signature pieces specifically (and formed a Metallica tribute band), I knew they needed to be seen; otherwise, as nice as they are, they'd merely be display pieces seen only by me and a select group of friends. I figure that would be a waste.

I admire you for that since all of your guitars are a work of art but I'm pretty sure when you do have them out in concert, you still take really good care of them since judging from the pictures, they look in perfect condition.

Absolutely, I'm happy to let you know when new videos are posted. The House of Blues show around this time last year was the last video project I've done for the band; largely due to how labor intensive it was. It was an incredible opportunity for us, so I brought in 4 video cameras and professional audio to capture it. I edited and produced the video/audio, which took awhile by itself with multiple camera angles to cut. After that, I authored and produced a Blu-ray of the entire show with custom menus, special features, disc art, cover art; the whole nine yards. I'm quite proud of it, but I didn't finish it until Christmas, so... it basically just wore me out Lol.

Cool, I look forward to it.  Sounds like you had a lot of editing to go through especially with 4 different camera angles and making sure the audio matches every frame.  I would of imagine it taking a long time to get everything done right.

Period.

This. Not argument there

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 01:59:29 PM »

Period.
Can't argue with that. It's nice to see some love for Kirk  Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 02:04:28 PM »

I admire you for that since all of your guitars are a work of art but I'm pretty sure when you do have them out in concert, you still take really good care of them since judging from the pictures, they look in perfect condition.
Absolutely; I have fun, but I take great care of them. The thing we need to constantly watch out for is the random airborne beer bottle, other flying objects and people looking to grab the instruments. It's part of the game. We're there purposely trying to whip people into a frenzy, so it can be a rowdy, energetic atmosphere. That's why we do it of course, and why we perform this particular brand of music, but we just have to be careful.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

Absolutely; I have fun, but I take great care of them. The thing we need to constantly watch out for is the random airborne beer bottle, other flying objects and people looking to grab the instruments. It's part of the game.

Airborne bottles not because they're upset but more so drunk and disorderly?  Yeah, I'd make sure I'd guard the instruments with a saber or two and beat hands away from them myself.  Sounds like it does get wild at times.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »

Airborne bottles not because they're upset but more so drunk and disorderly?  Yeah, I'd make sure I'd guard the instruments with a saber or two and beat hands away from them myself.  Sounds like it does get wild at times.
Not because they're upset, and not necessarily because they are drunk (although that happens of course), but because it's just an extremely high energy situation. We're playing an aggressive form of music which the crowd has come to see specifically, they are enjoying themselves and just let loose. That's probably what we offer more than anything; an opportunity to blow off some steam, have some fun, and hopefully go home satisfied and likely tired  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »

Not because they're upset, and not necessarily because they are drunk (although that happens of course), but because it's just an extremely high energy situation. We're playing an aggressive form of music which the crowd has come to see specifically, they are enjoying themselves and just let loose. That's probably what we offer more than anything; an opportunity to blow off some steam, have some fun, and hopefully go home satisfied and likely tired  Smiley

Okay, so like a most pit where people have fun, get aggressive and things may go a bit haywire. 

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 03:27:03 PM »

Okay, so like a most pit where people have fun, get aggressive and things may go a bit haywire. 
Yep; controlled chaos Smiley

I do like the saber idea though. I'd have to hire a SITH for the shows, as I could not wield both a saber and guitar simultaneously Lol.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »

I do like the saber idea though. I'd have to hire a SITH for the shows, as I could not wield both a saber and guitar simultaneously Lol.

Ah, a Sith bodyguard for the instruments. That's a great idea

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »

Period.

True indeed. I just happen to focus on James more.

Let he who can wield both saber and guitar at once come forth and be crowned King of this realm!!!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »

Let he who can wield both saber and guitar at once come forth and be crowned King of this realm!!!

I too vote for this!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2018, 10:47:08 PM »

True indeed. I just happen to focus on James more.
Oh, James is essential, and certainly does rock hard.  Just, Kirk's riffs drive me crazy.  Simply amazing.  Dimebag Darell did the same for me.  Just nuts.

I'd really like to see a video of that...

Points for this entire page...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: