Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Job  (Read 3569 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 03, 2018, 06:45:51 PM »

So I applied for a new role at work, with a different department. I interviewed for it a few weeks ago and literally just received an email with a job offer (provisional, depending on pre-employment checks). I was in a thoroughly foul mood earlier due to an insane issue that arose in the office earlier, but this...this puts a smile on my face.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:26:23 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »

So I applied for a new role at work, with a different department. I interviewed for it a few weeks ago and literally just received an email with a job offer (provisional, depending on pre-employment checks). I was in a thoroughly foul mood earlier due to an insane issue that arose in the office earlier, but this...this puts a smile on my face.

Congrats to you and your new job, Darth Knox!  I know you're super excited! So when's the transition between the department and training for the new position going to start?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Congrats to you and your new job, Darth Knox!  I know you're super excited! So when's the transition between the department and training for the new position going to start?
Thank you. They've got to do all the admin gubbins first, which can take up to 20 days (down side of working for the Civil Service). All going smoothly I will probably start beginning of December, which is actually a good time to start as things are winding down for Christmas, so won't be too hectic a start. However, no training necessary as I already have the skills to do the job, which is part of the reason I got it.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 01:51:16 AM »

Congrats Knox

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 02:01:44 AM »

Thank you. They've got to do all the admin gubbins first, which can take up to 20 days (down side of working for the Civil Service). All going smoothly I will probably start beginning of December, which is actually a good time to start as things are winding down for Christmas, so won't be too hectic a start. However, no training necessary as I already have the skills to do the job, which is part of the reason I got it.

One thing about all of the paperwork is that it isn't fun but a needed process.  Once that's taken cared of, it's all down hill from there and should be easy peasy but I can't speak for your job/country though.  That's something else to look forward to then, between the holidays, you'll have a new job that you'll soon start and it won't be as if you're "thrown into the wolves" so to speak so that you can get the hang of it. Congrats again, point incoming.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 07:41:23 AM »

Congrats Grin !

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »

Congratulations man.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »

Congrats! You should be proud of yourself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »

Congratulations!  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 03:50:31 AM »

Am keeping fingers crossed for you... don't want to bring up the name that cannot be named.  Hopefully your current experience and talents will be the deciding factor.  Smiley

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »

Congrats Knox, I hope you enjoy the new job.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: