Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My review of my first lightsaber...  (Read 1875 times)
R5D4
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 20

« on: October 05, 2018, 02:28:31 PM »

As a lghtsaber newbie, I thought I should get into the spirit of this lightsabering business by posting a review of my first Ultrasaber purchase - a Prophecy v3 with Diamond controller.
Enjoy.
 Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmAcDE2F2JE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Sorry, I can't figure out how to embed the Youtube video in this post, but the link is above...
And here's a photo:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:08:17 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 04:00:09 PM »

Great review there, R5.  It looks so much better on video and I'm sure that alone doesn't even do it justice.   Congrats again on the saber, have a point.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:27:40 PM »

That’s a hell of a first saber bub! Congrats, and I’m jealous!! Happy sabering, and May the force be with you...

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:47:50 AM »

Nice saber and nice review. Smiley

Just to clarify a few things:

1. That's where the Covetec is by default. Not taking anything away from US's speed, but that's where it is on both of mine, and people who have asked for it on the other side have been told it's not possible.

2. The grub screws and Allen key are more secure than a hand tightened screw. That's why they have the setup the way they do, so that peoples' blades don't come out while dueling.

3. The Diamond setup is almost too big for this saber. When they first released the Diamond, it wasn't available on the Prophecy or any V3 sabers, because they weren't sure they could fit that setup in there. They finally figured out they could, but barely, so they started offering it. That same space issue is also why you can't get a recharge port on a Prophecy. It's a short hilt and there's nowhere to put one.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 02:23:31 AM »

Nice one either way though =] I really need me a Prophecy V3 saber Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 07:14:15 AM »

Very well done video so major props on that. And once again a great job on the tape work, looks great on that saber!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

R5D4
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 08:45:25 AM »

Nice saber and nice review. Smiley

Just to clarify a few things:

1. That's where the Covetec is by default. Not taking anything away from US's speed, but that's where it is on both of mine, and people who have asked for it on the other side have been told it's not possible.

2. The grub screws and Allen key are more secure than a hand tightened screw. That's why they have the setup the way they do, so that peoples' blades don't come out while dueling.

3. The Diamond setup is almost too big for this saber. When they first released the Diamond, it wasn't available on the Prophecy or any V3 sabers, because they weren't sure they could fit that setup in there. They finally figured out they could, but barely, so they started offering it. That same space issue is also why you can't get a recharge port on a Prophecy. It's a short hilt and there's nowhere to put one.

Thanks 79.
Yeh I wasn't sure where the Covertec wheel would be by default. The photos on the order page ( https://ultrasabers.com/product/prophecy-v3/ ) show it on the opposite side to how I wanted it, hence my asking. But then, as you say, I've seen lots of photos of this saber online where the wheel is on the same side as mine. Either way, at least I got it the way I wanted so all good.

And yes, I seem to remember reading somewhere that space in this hilt design is a little tight. I've seen other Prophecies with a recharge port, but I'm guessing they didn't have the Diamond board so had that little bit more space. Sorry, should have mentioned it in the video.

If I buy another lightsaber, I quite fancy getting an MHS empty hilt so I can build it up myself and add a few other features like more accent LEDs. It's a shame they don't supply the Diamond board separately for just such a project, but who knows - maybe it wil become available in the future.

Smiley

DarthGravid
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Darth Gravid - Light Sith

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:08:26 PM »

My first saber is on the way too, I can't wait  Grin.

The Dark Side of the Force will lead the Sith Order to failure. Only the Light Side of the Force will bring prosperity to the Sith and the galaxy.

-Darth Gravid

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 05:54:58 AM »

This is an excellent review of The Prophecy V3. Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »

I'm liking the personalization done to the hilt.

Point to you.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 03:23:46 AM »

This saber is pretty high on my list of Ultrasabers. There’s a few I want more, but this is a gorgeous saber from every angle. The review was really quite thorough and not having a diamond saber, I enjoyed the details pictures.  I also would like to know what sort of tape you’re using specifically because that made for a very nice effect.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

JarkaRuus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -20

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 03:52:40 AM »

Great customization! Excellent points about the blade retention screws.
Great job!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: