Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adigan Silver Tri Cree with filters or dedicated blade color?  (Read 816 times)
Steepcurve
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: October 07, 2018, 06:49:25 PM »

Hi all - I have a saber that I love, but it came in a mystery box, and it came with a red LED.  That's really not my color.  I know I want to change it.  I'm considering have a green LED put in - that is the color that feels the most "right" to me, but I am also attracted to the possibility of having something I can use filters and customize with.  I have the Lee filter material.  What do you think?  Am I better of with an Adigan Silver Tri Cree and the flexibility of filters, or will I be disappointed in the green?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »

The green will be brighter in a dedicated LED.  If you don't care about the brightness as much but are more into having the ability to change the green hue and be able to change to other colors then AS with filters is a good cheap option.  And I highly recommend color filters over the color discs since the discs will also reduce brightness compared to the filters.  My understanding from other forum members and customer service, is that Tri-Cree Consular Green is one of the brightest LEDs they offer because our eyes are naturally attuned to green as well.  Also keep in mind you can order three shades of green from Ultrasabers Consular Green, Emerald Green, or Sunriders Destiny as well; but the last two are NOT available in Tri-Cree through US.  So it depends how picky you are about brightness versus hue.

Now for yellows, I do very much like AS with filters over dedicated LEDs and I don't see much of a reduction in brightness.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »

What Edon said. It's all dependant on what you want out of your saber. I've seen CG in Tri-Cree and it's really bright with the color travel up into the tip of the blade versus a single LED where you can see it's brightness decreasing towards the tip of the blade.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »

I've done some in depth testing with tri-as LED and using filters. It's a solid option but it does have limits. For example: a dedicated green LED is quite superior to one filtered to green, and at times it can be hard to find a green that's satisfactory if you were to compare it to a green LED for proper saturation and brightness.

So my advice - get a main Silver blade if that's what you want, with the added bonus of being able to filter it to different colours.

If your not keen on having a main Silver blade, then go for a dedicated LED like Green or Blue etc to get the max effect out of it.

My personal preference is a dedicated LED which would include silver too as I like that blade colour, green being my favourite.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »

Tri AS with filters will make a good green, pale blue or yellow. Not so good red, deep blue or purple. I like my filtered lime green.

If you're planning multiple sabers, get them all with quick disconnects and swap them around.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: