Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Sabers effects  (Read 2928 times)
Lemonboss12
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 08, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »

Hi members of the forum,
I've been thinking about purchasing an Emerald Saber and I had some questions about effects. Specifically if the Emerald Driver allows for start up/power down effects. What I mean by that is basically having the light slowly move up when turned on and down when powered off. I hope that makes sense. I'd also like to know what else the Emerald Sabers are capable of. Thank you for your time!

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:49:16 AM »

If you mean moving slowly up or down the blade, no UltraSabers are capable of that due to their base-lit LED construction.  You need string LEDs for that which are not as durable and prone to element failure according to what I've heard.  Darth Cephalus has a video on his youtube channel that explains this very well.

If you mean slowly increasing or decreasing brightness on power up or power down, the answer is also no for Emerald.  You can do pulses or shimmers during idle, but it's an instant on or off.  If you want a slow ramp up or down in intensity you need a Diamond saber, which lets you do pretty much anything you want for any action within the limitations of the base-lit configuration.  Personally if you're planning on sound I highly recommend going with Diamond, it's only $30 more for a ton of extra functionality.  I hope this helps and welcome to the forum!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »

Just as ktulu has mentioned, UltraSabers don't use string blade construction or technology as they are easy to break which takes away from their sabers being duel worthy.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:18:55 PM »

Hi.  There is a lot of interest for some collectors for this newest saber/blade technology.  This is not part of near future US blade offerings.  There are no plans to build a saber with the electronics required that would allow this blade usually with pins on the bottom to make the needed connection.  Some reasons being affordability and decreased options for saber use.

As stated prior... the Diamond driver is what you may want to consider for all your desired saber effects.  Smiley

Lemonboss12
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 01:46:54 AM »

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the information.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: