Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: JAMES GUNN TO WRITE & DIRECT SUICIDE SQUAD 2?  (Read 2970 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 09, 2018, 09:58:22 PM »

Several different outlets are reporting that James Gunn is possibly in talks with WB to write and possibly direct Suicide Squad 2. Check out the video from Screen Junkies for more information.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI4dF-o05SU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:11:23 PM »

Read that earlier today. I think that would be a good move for DC since James Gunn has a history of success

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »

Read that earlier today.
As far I know this news was only released about 3 hours ago. Who are your sources? Enquiring minds need to know!  Grin

I think that would be a good move for DC since James Gunn has a history of success
In terms of Suicide Squad, he would be a natural fit. However, I'm not sure if another director would be to fully capture the James Gunn flavour, so my preference is for him to both write & direct.

I agree with what they said in the video that the problems with Suicide Squad had nothing to do with the casting (with one big exception). So bringing the cast back together with a James Gunn story could create something truly amazing to behold.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 10:40:01 PM »

As far I know this news was only released about 3 hours ago. Who are your sources? Enquiring minds need to know!  Grin
In terms of Suicide Squad, he would be a natural fit. However, I'm not sure if another director would be to fully capture the James Gunn flavour, so my preference is for him to both write & direct.

I agree with what they said in the video that the problems with Suicide Squad had nothing to do with the casting (with one big exception). So bringing the cast back together with a James Gunn story could create something truly amazing to behold.

I pretty much heard bout it around that time. I follow a few comic and nerd sites that spills the news out. I found out around 1 to 2 ish. Not too sure around the exact time, I just get the reticle and read them while working.  We probably have the same or similar sources. 

Agreed, my statement for him to lead Suicide Squad 2 is to both write and direct because just as you stated, it’ll be hard to capture his vision without the man himself manning it all.  I think it’ll be a step in the right direction just like how DC brought in James Wan and from his history of work, I think Aqua Kan will be pretty good.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »

I think this is a great move by WB/DC because they really need to up their game after what happened with Suicide Squad 1. not saying it was bad, but it seemed to lack direction, which is something that I hope Gunn will add to the sequel.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:52:17 PM »

I think WB/DC need to up their game, period. Their animated stuff is great. Their tv stuff is great. And yet they seem to falter when it comes to the movies. However, with that new extended Aquaman trailer that was released at NYCC, Shazam being the movie BIG with superpowers and now this news, hopefully, they will have found their footing at last.

Now, if they can get James Gunn to collaborate with Geoff Johns for a Green Lantern Corps movie, I will be in heaven.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 10:54:11 PM »

Now, if they can get James Gunn to collaborate with Geoff Johns for a Green Lantern Corps movie, I will be in heaven.

YES!!
After learning about John Stewart I have a whole new love for the green lanterns and I really want to see them in the DCEU. (not counting that 5 second thing in JL)

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 11:01:22 PM »

YES!!
After learning about John Stewart I have a whole new love for the green lanterns and I really want to see them in the DCEU. (not counting that 5 second thing in JL)
That 5 second part in JL was one of the truly GREAT things in the movie.

Geoff Johns' Brightest Day, Blackest Night run from a few years ago is one of the greatest storytelling runs in comic history. It really added to the mythos of the lanterns, the rings, the emotional spectrum and while focussed mainly on Hal Jordan (MY green lantern) featured John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner in prominent roles. If done well, Green Lantern Corps could be DC's answer to Guardians of the Galaxy, but on a far grander and more epic scale. And seeing as how Disney got rid of Gunn, DC would be foolish not to take advantage.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »

That 5 second part in JL was one of the truly GREAT things in the movie.

Geoff Johns' Brightest Day, Darkest Night run from a few years ago is one of the greatest storytelling runs in comic history. It really added to the mythos of the lanterns, the rings, the emotional spectrum and while focussed mainly on Hal Jordan (MY green lantern) featured John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner in prominent roles. If done well, Green Lantern Corps could be DC's answer to Guardians of the Galaxy, but on a far grander and more epic scale. And seeing as how Disney got rid of Gunn, DC would be foolish not to take advantage.

I have not read that yet, but it is on my wishlist of comics I want to read.

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »

I have not read that yet, but it is on my wishlist of comics I want to read.
Well, I would lend the trade paperbacks to you, but I live in the UK. Sorry  Tongue

But they are DEFINITELY worth a read.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »

Well, I would lend the trade paperbacks to you, but I live in the UK. Sorry  Tongue

Whoa Knox. Great collection. Point

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 11:35:59 PM »

Whoa Knox. Great collection. Point
Tip of a very large iceberg, my friend.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 11:45:49 PM »

Hi Knox, I'm gonna call round to your place and read your collection if you don't mind Grin The comic book/memorabilia store in my town always seems to be shut.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 11:46:50 PM »

As Infinit so well said, great collection. I really want some GL comics.

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 11:54:26 PM »

Hi Knox, I'm gonna call round to your place and read your collection if you don't mind Grin The comic book/memorabilia store in my town always seems to be shut.
I have 15 long comic boxes worth, so it may take a while. Plus you will need to wear protective gloves (as fingers have destructive oils). Finally, the signed copies (by Stan Lee, Simon Bisley, Dave Gibbons, David Lloyd, George Perez, Bernie Wrightson, Frank Miller) are all off limits.

As Infinit so well said, great collection. I really want some GL comics.
That entire run of GL is amazing. If you have never been a fan of GK before, it will convert you. If you are a fan of GL it will blow your mind the places they story goes. If you've never been a fan of DC it will show you how brilliant DC can be and how different in tone it is from Marvel (not better or worse, just different). It's up there with the X-Men phoenix/dark phoenix saga in terms of greatness.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: