Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Best lightsaber duel that *never* happened!  (Read 18553 times)
Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« on: October 10, 2018, 02:55:54 AM »

I thought this might be a fun little thread.

The Star Wars universe is chock full of epic lightsaber duels, the movies have them, the cartoons have some good ones, even the novels contain some epics. So what's your favorite duel that actually never happened? Qui-Gon Jinn was a rebellious student of Master Dooku, what if the long-haired and blunt Jedi Master had survived Episode 1, only to eventually duel his former master?

Before meeting his demise, Darth Maul was an aging part-man, part-machine Sith, not unlike the feared figure in black, Darth Vader. What if Maul had sought to take his rightful place at his old master's side by disposing of Vader in a clash of crimson lightsabers?

Post up some cool ones, the more juicy details... the better!

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »

I'm actually pretty sure Maul faced Vader sometime between Solo and when we see him in Rebels.   Maul wasn't trying to hide anymore since he willingly showed himself to the Inquisitors, plus he knew he could best them....he already had killed one and took their saber.  But he was intent on getting off malachor V before " The Emperor's Creature" (as he called Vader) showed up.  So I imagine Vader nearly killed him.   

Anakin VS Palpatine.  What if Anakin had not turned to the Dark Side..but engaged Palpatine in a Duel along side Mace.  All three used rather aggressive styles of combat so it would have been a hell of a fight.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 02:17:21 PM »

I thought this might be a fun little thread.

The Star Wars universe is chock full of epic lightsaber duels, the movies have them, the cartoons have some good ones, even the novels contain some epics. So what's your favorite duel that actually never happened? Qui-Gon Jinn was a rebellious student of Master Dooku, what if the long-haired and blunt Jedi Master had survived Episode 1, only to eventually duel his former master?

Before meeting his demise, Darth Maul was an aging part-man, part-machine Sith, not unlike the feared figure in black, Darth Vader. What if Maul had sought to take his rightful place at his old master's side by disposing of Vader in a clash of crimson lightsabers?

Post up some cool ones, the more juicy details... the better!
QGJ v. DT - that would be an interesting fight, but I think Dooku would have easily won.

Maul v. Vader: I don't see this ever coming to be for these reasons. After TPM, Maul was pretty much a creature of revenge; as is evidenced in his vendetta against Kenobi. But he also had it out for Sidious as well, for casting him aside. From what I gleaned from TCW, Maul wanted Sidious dead in the worst way. Now Vader being in the way of this end I can see a fight breaking out.

I'm actually pretty sure Maul faced Vader sometime between Solo and when we see him in Rebels.   Maul wasn't trying to hide anymore since he willingly showed himself to the Inquisitors, plus he knew he could best them....he already had killed one and took their saber.  But he was intent on getting off malachor V before " The Emperor's Creature" (as he called Vader) showed up.  So I imagine Vader nearly killed him. 
Ummmm..... Roll Eyes I don't recall any Inq.s making it off Malachor V in the S2 finale. So what did I miss in "Maul's reveal to the Inq.s"?

For my dream fight, I'd like to see Darth Malgus v. Mace Windu. I just think that would be a fight for the ages.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:25:27 PM »

QGJ v. DT - that would be an interesting fight, but I think Dooku would have easily won.

Maul v. Vader: I don't see this ever coming to be for these reasons. After TPM, Maul was pretty much a creature of revenge; as is evidenced in his vendetta against Kenobi. But he also had it out for Sidious as well, for casting him aside. From what I gleaned from TCW, Maul wanted Sidious dead in the worst way. Now Vader being in the way of this end I can see a fight breaking out.

Ummmm..... Roll Eyes I don't recall any Inq.s making it off Malachor V in the S2 finale. So what did I miss in "Maul's reveal to the Inq.s"?

For my dream fight, I'd like to see Darth Malgus v. Mace Windu. I just think that would be a fight for the ages.

That's what I mean,  Maul wasn't trying to avoid the Inquisitors on Malachor V because he knew they wouldn't leave alive.  But he was intent of getting off himself before Vader arrived.  To me that says he wasn't to keen on facing him and perhaps had faced him before.   Looking at Solo Maul is in charge of major Crime Syndicate...then just a few scant years later in Rebels he seems to have nothing.  The Emperor would regularly wipe out crime syndicates if they were a threat and I'm pretty sure Maul was causing trouble.  Not far fetched to think Vader paid him a visit.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 02:32:40 PM »

I say Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker when they first met with her being a smuggler and having a hatred towards Luke along with still abiding by the Emperor's last words to her which was "Kill Luke Skywalker".  I imagine that Luke will best her and the scenes will be the opposite of him fighting Vader who tried to recruit him to the Dark side telling him to give into his anger and use the full potential of the Dark side so that he can join him and become his Dark Apprentice while fighting them but this time, Luke is trying to being her out of the Dark side and into the Light as well as trying to understanding why she hates him.  I think that Luke will tell her to let go of the Dark side and the past and even telling her that he had no hand in killing the Emperor and the man responsible for the death of the Emperor is his father, Darth Vader.  The conflict in Mara Jade brings out her anger and she aggressively tries to kill Luke after hearing those words and fighting within herself as to know believe anything this Jedi is saying. She then swings and strikes back to back, trying to kill this man before her, the man that the Emperor himself ordered her to kill to fulfill and complete her mission but he keeps parrying or ducking out of the way.  He eventually closes in on her using her own anger against her and blocks a deadly blow and disables her lightsaber while extinguishing his showing her mercy and telling her that he has no intentions on killing her since it's not the Jedi way.

Obi Wan and the Emperor. I think that would of been a pretty epic battle maybe taking place between episode 3 and 4 when the Emperor ventured out of his confinements without Vader following him and gets greeted by the former General himself.  I think Obi Wan would more than likely bested the Emperor since he's a Jedi with more combat experience while the Emperor's more political and plots assassination while the victim is asleep or he hires someone to do his dirty work.  The battle would drag on with the Emperor using Force lightning and trying to hurl objects at Obi Wan but Obi Wan will either deflect the objects or cut them in half with his saber closing in the Emperor.  Eventually, Obi Wan will best him in saber and close quarter combat and Obi Wan can do anything further, the Emperor has a hidden switch of some sort that will alert his personal guards along with a garrison of Troopers driving Obi Wan to escape.  

General Grievous and all of the Jedi that he killed when building his lightsaber collection(I know some of them are in Clone Wars).  I would like to see a more detailed version of how Dooku trained and taught Grevious saber combat and how he gained his collection one at a time with slaying Jedi after Jedi. I can imagine few padawans and masters thinking that they had the upper hand due to Grievous not having any type of Force sensitivity or training to their knowledge but fell to their demise by Grievous' hand(s).  I also don't think that Grievous would of fought fairly at times and would have a few droids interfere in a fight with the Jedi or two in case he got bested in combat or the Jedi is about to kill him then he would regain himself and go in for the kill.  This isn't to say that he did kill Jedi on his own, in which he did.

These are all my visions of course and most may think of the opposite but these are my scenarios of fights that I think would happen. 

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 02:51:35 PM »

I would like to see Grievous vs Maul

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:14 PM »

That's what I mean,  Maul wasn't trying to avoid the Inquisitors on Malachor V because he knew they wouldn't leave alive.  But he was intent of getting off himself before Vader arrived.  To me that says he wasn't to keen on facing him and perhaps had faced him before.   Looking at Solo Maul is in charge of major Crime Syndicate...then just a few scant years later in Rebels he seems to have nothing.  The Emperor would regularly wipe out crime syndicates if they were a threat and I'm pretty sure Maul was causing trouble.  Not far fetched to think Vader paid him a visit.
Actually, Solo takes place between S3 and his eventual fall to Kenobi on Tatooine. I did get to see to first half of S3 when he took over the Crimson Dawn.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »

I would like to see Grievous vs Maul

That'd be cool!

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »

Actually, Solo takes place between S3 and his eventual fall to Kenobi on Tatooine. I did get to see to first half of S3 when he took over the Crimson Dawn.

Hmm, every source I've seen has Solo listed as 10 BBY...5 years before Rebels Season 1.  Season 2 of Rebels takes place a year later or so, so when we see Maul on Malachor V, its been about 6 years since his appearance in Solo. 

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 04:50:03 PM »

Season 3 of Rebels?? I don't remember anything about Crimson Dawn being the series, I thought they hadn't actually come up with the whole concept yet at that point.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 05:10:28 PM »

Hmm, every source I've seen has Solo listed as 10 BBY...5 years before Rebels Season 1.  Season 2 of Rebels takes place a year later or so, so when we see Maul on Malachor V, its been about 6 years since his appearance in Solo. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maul never uses a saber staff in TCW, yes? I distinctly remember a scene where Maul busts in on the C.D. higher-ups, spin-throws a saber staff down the length of the table, decapitating all the council members, and takes over. This was in SWR, correct?

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maul never uses a saber staff in TCW, yes? I distinctly remember a scene where Maul busts in on the C.D. higher-ups, spin-throws a saber staff down the length of the table, decapitating all the council members, and takes over. This was in SWR, correct?

that was the black sun in TCW(Maul's mandalore arc), and Savage Opress threw that saber

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »

that was the black sun in TCW(Maul's mandalore arc), and Savage Opress threw that saber

Yes, if I remembered correctly, he had his single saber until Rebels, correct? Haven't seen Rebels yet so not sure when he got the saber from an inquisitor.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 06:05:51 PM »

As GF said, that was The Black Sun (straight out of the old EU) and Savage threw the saber.  Crimson Dawn wasn't formed until after the Clone Wars

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »

Ok, a Zabrak threw a saber staff, and killed many. (Thought I remembered a lacky) So if he took out Black Sun, why is he the head of Crimson Dawn? Reorganization & name change?

Yes, if I remembered correctly, he had his single saber until Rebels, correct? Haven't seen Rebels yet so not sure when he got the saber from an inquisitor.
Never explains. He just has a saber, that bears a suspicious resemblance to the Grand Inq's saber (minus dummy ring).....which should have been destroyer in a star destroyer explosion. Undecided

Points to all for refreshing my memory.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: