Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Best lightsaber duel that *never* happened!  (Read 18561 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »

Ok, a Zabrak threw a saber staff, and killed many. (Thought I remembered a lacky) So if he took out Black Sun, why is he the head of Crimson Dawn? Reorganization & name change?
Never explains. He just has a saber, that bears a suspicious resemblance to the Grand Inq's saber (minus dummy ring).....which should have been destroyer in a star destroyer explosion. Undecided

Points to all for refreshing my memory.

No it doesn't, I pretty much read up on side stories and found channels like this one below which are fan theories of course but they put it together rather than leaving things unexplained like the current Disney canon

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68oU9FdTmOg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »

Ok, a Zabrak threw a saber staff, and killed many. (Thought I remembered a lacky) So if he took out Black Sun, why is he the head of Crimson Dawn? Reorganization & name change?
Never explains. He just has a saber, that bears a suspicious resemblance to the Grand Inq's saber (minus dummy ring).....which should have been destroyer in a star destroyer explosion. Undecided

Points to all for refreshing my memory.

Crimson Dawn is the recombined elements of his coalition.  Remember he had more than just Black Sun at his beck and call.  That saber design is standard for all Inquisitors.  He must have killed one and took their saber

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »

With Clone Wars coming back we'll probably see a bit more of Maul, there were echoes of him in the kid's novel Ahsoka but it was just partial flashback stuff, nothing substantial.

I don't know how many of you have read the Darth Bane novels but Bane comes across as a rabid, hard-hitting kind of duelist. I can't think of another beefy duelist other than the crazy Pong Krell. They're about the same size and that would make a sick match up.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 07:49:54 PM »

With Clone Wars coming back we'll probably see a bit more of Maul, there were echoes of him in the kid's novel Ahsoka but it was just partial flashback stuff, nothing substantial.

I don't know how many of you have read the Darth Bane novels but Bane comes across as a rabid, hard-hitting kind of duelist. I can't think of another beefy duelist other than the crazy Pong Krell. They're about the same size and that would make a sick match up.

Both Malgus and Vader are the same way.  Malgus was relentless.  By the Force I want to see him in a film voiced by Cumberbatch but played by Halphtor (The Mountain from GOT)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »

In RotS if Mace had sensed what Anakin was about to do and Mace and Anakin went at it. That woul have been friggin epic!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »

Crimson Dawn is the recombined elements of his coalition.  Remember he had more than just Black Sun at his beck and call. 
No, I didn't remember.

That saber design is standard for all Inquisitors.  He must have killed one and took their saber
Grand Inq.

8th Bro.

7th Sis

Not standard issues, despite similar construction.

Now here's Maul's "new" saber.

Sorry I01. But your video's theory is mistaken.

A beast for sure, but by no means rabid. He was calculating and precise, just very powerful, both physically and within the Force.

Both Malgus and Vader are the same way.  Malgus was relentless.  By the Force I want to see him in a film voiced by Cumberbatch but played by Halphtor (The Mountain from GOT)
I vote for Dave Bautista or Vin Diesel.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 10:09:49 PM »

A beast for sure, but by no means rabid. He was calculating and precise, just very powerful, both physically and within the Force.
I vote for Dave Bautista or Vin Diesel.

Hmm..how about the Kurgan himself Clancy Brown.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 10:53:12 PM »

Hey there, Dutch. The video was just an example, a bad one I must say.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 01:29:59 AM »

hmm interesting tidbit here... good thing the actors pay attention since the film makers obviously dont Tongue

In an interview with The Star Wars Show, Sam Witwer explained that the production of Solo: A Star Wars Story had originally planned to reintroduce Maul's original lightsaber during his scene with Qi'ra. Witwer, who had voiced the character in his later appearance in Star Wars Rebels, suggested that they should use another lightsaber associated with Maul; either the Darksaber or his Rebels lightsaber. Eventually, it was decided to use the latter, as possessing an Inquisitor's lightsaber would suggest that Maul was being hunted by the Empire

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 01:59:38 AM »

hmm interesting tidbit here... good thing the actors pay attention since the film makers obviously dont Tongue

In an interview with The Star Wars Show, Sam Witwer explained that the production of Solo: A Star Wars Story had originally planned to reintroduce Maul's original lightsaber during his scene with Qi'ra. Witwer, who had voiced the character in his later appearance in Star Wars Rebels, suggested that they should use another lightsaber associated with Maul; either the Darksaber or his Rebels lightsaber. Eventually, it was decided to use the latter, as possessing an Inquisitor's lightsaber would suggest that Maul was being hunted by the Empire

Interesting tidbit there, Tepes. It’s good to know about Maul and Sam Witwer, have a point

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »

Hmm..how about the Kurgan himself Clancy Brown.
Technically.....Google has a rumor that Dave is slated to reprise the role....the Kurgan still stands with my recommendation. Plus everyone already easily recognize his voice as Savage O. And I know that the argument about Sam Witwer is coming that he does Maul and SK (and also the Emperor in TFU), but Sam changed it significantly for each role. But Clancy gets paid because people want that awesome bass voice of his. And it is awesome.

Plus he already has the physical presence to fill the role. I'm just not sure how he can handle a saber.

As Vin, I just love his voice. I always thought the original voice for Malgus was too nasally.

Interesting tidbit there, Tepes. It’s good to know about Maul and Sam Witwer, have a point
That just shows how much Saw loves Star Wars. (Plus....he has the same initials. Grin)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 06:06:57 PM »

Technically.....Google has a rumor that Dave is slated to reprise the role....the Kurgan still stands with my recommendation. Plus everyone already easily recognize his voice as Savage O. And I know that the argument about Sam Witwer is coming that he does Maul and SK (and also the Emperor in TFU), but Sam changed it significantly for each role. But Clancy gets paid because people want that awesome bass voice of his. And it is awesome.

Plus he already has the physical presence to fill the role. I'm just not sure how he can handle a saber.

As Vin, I just love his voice. I always thought the original voice for Malgus was too nasally.
That just shows how much Saw loves Star Wars. (Plus....he has the same initials. Grin)

Ye that rumor about Batuista has been around a while...the Highlander reboot has been in development hell for a while now.  While I like Vin and Bautista...imo...neither have the gravitas Malgus has.   You mean the voice from the Cut scene or Audio book?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »

Ye that rumor about Batuista has been around a while...the Highlander reboot has been in development hell for a while now.  While I like Vin and Bautista...imo...neither have the gravitas Malgus has.   You mean the voice from the Cut scene or Audio book?
Promo movies. Not really sure what you mean by gravitas. Acting chops?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »

Promo movies. Not really sure what you mean by gravitas. Acting chops?

Perhaps not the best word for it.  Presence would be better.  Basically, When I see Vin and Bautista..I see a couple of tough guys who I have no doubt could handle themselves.  Malgus is much more.  Much like Vader when he walks into a room everyone should instantly fear him.  Vin and Dave, to me, don't have that.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 08:56:35 PM »

Perhaps not the best word for it.  Presence would be better.  Basically, When I see Vin and Bautista..I see a couple of tough guys who I have no doubt could handle themselves.  Malgus is much more.  Much like Vader when he walks into a room everyone should instantly fear him.  Vin and Dave, to me, don't have that.
Oh. I get that from Vin just watching the Riddick movies.

Plus look at the facial resemblance.

Tell me Malgus' design wasn't based on Vin.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: