Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Best lightsaber duel that *never* happened!  (Read 18558 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 11:02:22 PM »

Pretty good side by side comparison there DL. 

The Darth Bane books are next on my reading list Saso, so many have recommended I am very much looking forward to them just hard to find the time.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 01:56:44 AM »

Darth Scourge turned against Revan when they were planning to face the Sith Emperor together. I'd like it if Scourge didn't wuss out of that fight. Together, they defeat The Emperor. Revan takes over as the leader of the Sith, teaching his Jedi and Sith Apprentices, ushering in a new era of Sith with different knowledge and rules.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »

Pretty good side by side comparison there DL. 

The Darth Bane books are next on my reading list Saso, so many have recommended I am very much looking forward to them just hard to find the time.
You will be so sad that they aren't canon any longer. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »

StarKiller versus Kylo Ren. To me, StarKiller will take Kylo out with Kylo putting up a good fight but with StarKiller’s background of being trained by Vader himself and then General Kota among his own experience fighting, he’ll overtake Kylo with saber combat alone but adding his skills with a force powers, Kylo will be in over his head. I also don’t think that Kylo would be able to match StarKillers fighting style either

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »

StarKiller versus Kylo Ren. To me, StarKiller will take Kylo out with Kylo putting up a good fight but with StarKiller’s background of being trained by Vader himself and then General Kota among his own experience fighting, he’ll overtake Kylo with saber combat alone but adding his skills with a force powers, Kylo will be in over his head. I also don’t think that Kylo would be able to match StarKillers fighting style either

In the end, no matter how powerful Kylo is...he has very little experience in one on one saber combat..per out discussion about training the other day.  Saw a good example of this in the Power Rangers comic.  Tommy faced off against his Evil counterpart from another dimension (Lord Drakkon).  While Drakkon had amassed power and used it to conquer, Tommy had kept training and using his skills over his power.  When it came down to a hand to hand fight..Tommy easily won.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 04:06:34 PM »

Skill vs. skill, or power vs. power; the result is the same: (unbiased by canon favoritism) Starkiller outclasses Ren in every aspect. Of course SK was trained by a true master of the dark side.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »

Skill vs. skill, or power vs. power; the result is the same: (unbiased by canon favoritism) Starkiller outclasses Ren in every aspect. Of course SK was trained by a true master of the dark side.

I feel Kylo has just as much raw (not to quote snoke Hefner directly) power as SK.  But, as we've all said...One was trained by Vader...the other was trained by....whatever snoke was

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 04:31:58 PM »

I feel Kylo has just as much raw (not to quote snoke Hefner directly) power as SK.  But, as we've all said...One was trained by Vader...the other was trained by....whatever snoke was
Raw power is one thing, ability to control it is another. Even if Ren is more powerful, he continually shows that hasn't learned how to control it. SK on the other hand does know control, and in my mind that makes him more powerful.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »

Raw power is one thing, ability to control it is another. Even if Ren is more powerful, he continually shows that hasn't learned how to control it. SK on the other hand does know control, and in my mind that makes him more powerful.

This is soo true, even in real life. There apparently is lightsaber combat championship tournament in the USA and one particular person I know of took part.
He was bragging about how he won the previous year and how he was gonna defend his title by having this grand weight lifting and strength building regime to prepare.
He was gonna win cos he had "greater reach and strength to overwhelm my opponent" then he got his backside handed to him as his opponent ran rings round him with superior technique.

I laughed soo hard when I heard he became a Number Two.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2018, 05:22:47 PM »

This^. I'm one of the few people that actually like Ren, but come on, SK would mop the floor with him.

Shout outs to Snoke Hefner and Big Daddy Bane.  Grin

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2018, 05:59:42 PM »

Of course.  Ren vs SK is the perfect example of how natural talent is useless without training to hone it.  Both were born with immense reserves of power...but SK had superior training.  I think we're all on the same pager about this match up.  Ok...Rey vs Mara Jade Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2018, 06:58:36 PM »

Ok...Rey vs Mara Jade Grin
All depends on the writer. Are we going to Mary-Sue Rey? Tongue

Exar Kun vs. Darth Maul

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »

Of course.  Ren vs SK is the perfect example of how natural talent is useless without training to hone it.  Both were born with immense reserves of power...but SK had superior training.  I think we're all on the same pager about this match up.  Ok...Rey vs Mara Jade Grin

Wait!!!
Let me just get behind this blast shield before this debate starts...

O.K. GO!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2018, 07:15:29 PM »

All depends on the writer. Are we going to Mary-Sue Rey? Tongue

Rey as she is presented now Tongue   Not what she should have been *Cough* Jaina *Cough*

Exar Kun vs. Darth Maul

Hmm First to use the Double blade in Combat vs Most Famous Double Blade Wielder.   Close call considering as we've discussed, The Sith kept their skills up more than the Jedi did.  But, still in the End those of the OR era are still going to be more skilled I feel.  I give it to Kun.   All this talk of the OR makes me want to start a new Sith in SWTOR.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »

In the end, no matter how powerful Kylo is...he has very little experience in one on one saber combat..per out discussion about training the other day.  Saw a good example of this in the Power Rangers comic.  Tommy faced off against his Evil counterpart from another dimension (Lord Drakkon).  While Drakkon had amassed power and used it to conquer, Tommy had kept training and using his skills over his power.  When it came down to a hand to hand fight..Tommy easily won.

I’m late into the mix.  SK outclasses Kylo in every way from skill, to experience, and knowing how to control and use his powers. SK also knew how to control his emotion and use it in battle.  Kylo, well, as we can see, Kylo doesn’t. He let his emotions run amok and his training isn’t from someone like Vader who had Jedi and Sith training and experience. Vadernknew how to harness the Dark side and taught SK the same techniques that he uses while Kylo was trained in whatever way that Snoke taught him. 

This^. I'm one of the few people that actually like Ren, but come on, SK would mop the floor with him.

Shout outs to Snoke Hefner and Big Daddy Bane.  Grin

I have nothing against Kylo and actually like the character. I just believe that he’s no match to SK in combat

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: