Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can I add sound to a stunt saber?  (Read 4269 times)
abbythestabby
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »

I purchased the Shock LE as a stunt saber, because there's a large jump in price to add sound, but I'm thinking now that I might want to add sound. Can I add sound post-saber-building? Can I DIY it using the parts on the website or would I need to send it in? Thanks!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.  You can buy the parts yourself and attempt at DIY but keep in mind that it will void the warranty on your saber when you do any DIY or custom mods little or big.  If you have no knowledge of basic electronics or soldering, then I do recommend having them do it since $125.00 to $135.00 is pretty expensive to break.   Keep in mind that you'll need the correct tools, soldering iron, solder, solder flux, something to hold the board in place while you solder like the helping hands, wires, Lithium-Ion batteries since the soundboard draws more power, speaker, etc. 

If you have no idea what you're doing, DIY can do south rather quickly and US's customer service will do what they can with answering questions but after you touch it and do things yourself, you're on your own in regards to warranty and getting things replaced. We're more than happy to help with questions on here as well.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:02:51 PM »

Hi.  I would strongly encourage you to contact  customerservice@ultrasabers.com  to find out the cost of having your saber changed to the sound board of your choice.  The least costly option will be the Obsidian LITE board since it also uses the regular alkaline battery set up that is in your stunt saber.

You would have to pay for shipping both ways and also for a vented sound pommel.  Since the Shock is a moderately higher end saber ( my favorite  Wink ) it may be worth the cost... or consider using this saber as a stunt and getting one with sound during a sale.  Right now another excellent saber the Archon 2.1 is 25% off on a quantity limited flash sale.  Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 09:47:33 PM »

Short answer: Yes.

But, I agree with both Infinit01 and Dauntless Seven, you may want to find out how much Ultrasabers will charge you to do it before jumping into the DIY game.

You would have to pay for shipping both ways and also for a vented sound pommel.

Shock pommels are vented already.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »

Thanks for clarifying SFD.  I meant to say in case a different saber was chosen to be sure that the pommel was vented.   Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 12:51:09 AM »

Yeah, anything Prophecy and below, plus the Brood Guard, come with non vented pommels by default for a stunt setup. I think the rest all have vents no matter the setup.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58:16 AM »

Yes it can be done. Before you decide if you want to send it in or do it yourself do some research, here, on Google, and on YouTube so that you will have a better idea if cost, what you need, and if you think you can do it.

Another option of course is to buy a new saber with sound Smiley Two are better then one Smiley

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: