Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: beta impressions  (Read 12222 times)
Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »

As a Jedi Shadow(Consular) I really enjoyed cloaking , running into a group of enemy's the Force wave Knock them All back then force lift one, mind stun another and clean up!!! Just plain awesome !!!

dark side points please

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »

SWTOR beta testing officially ended Sunday all together to prepare for the early game time to start soon. I goto play a Sith Warrior to L10 ( he got his saber at L8) I goto run the first Sith Flash Point "Black Talon". It was just as much fun as the first rebel Flash Point I ran as a L9 Consular! My warrior and a Bounty Hunter 2 manned it just fine with the help of our minions(pets). As a note the server was crammed as they only had 6 servers available for the last test weekend and the game ran great with little latency using my iPhone for internet! I can't wait to start the game!!!!!!!!!!

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 02:25:45 PM »

SWTOR beta testing officially ended Sunday all together to prepare for the early game time to start soon. I goto play a Sith Warrior to L10 ( he got his saber at L8) I goto run the first Sith Flash Point "Black Talon". It was just as much fun as the first rebel Flash Point I ran as a L9 Consular! My warrior and a Bounty Hunter 2 manned it just fine with the help of our minions(pets). As a note the server was crammed as they only had 6 servers available for the last test weekend and the game ran great with little latency using my iPhone for internet! I can't wait to start the game!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, looks like I missed this past weekend.  Sounds like you had a good time!  I had fun with my characters, though I didn't really get them very high... can't wait for the game to be released so I can get another go at it!

Btw, I can't remember off the top of my head, when does the early game time start?  Also, who has access to it?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:43:35 PM by Nero Attoru » Logged

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »

Yea, good questions Nero, and if I may add a question to your questions, Do you need the game package (CDs) actually in hand or is there going to be a download available or something.  If you have to have the package in hand when are they going to send it out?    Maybe a peice of info (but IDK), Razorzone is not sending out the STWOR game accessories until Dec 15th.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Kezz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »

The way they're doing early access is they're going to gradually add more players to the game so the servers can handle it.  The rumors right now are that the earlier you put in your access code the earlier you will get early access. 

Also if you had the beta client from Thanksgiving or later you'll just be able to patch up that version of the game and play.  You won't need to download the whole thing again.

What really sucks for me is that I pre-ordered the collectors edition as soon as it was available and the early access code on my receipt wore off by the time the website had the page up to input the code.  I went back to Gamestop to try to get them to retrieve my code and they were like "sorry dude, you're screwed".  Gotta love ordering a $150 game and not even getting the perks from ordering early!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 06:08:48 PM »

@ Kezz:  Sorry to hear that, I did the game stop method also but in July.  At least I printed out a copy of the code they sent me.  Unfortunately, I moved since then and have been trying to update my address to them with no luck Sad

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »

I couldn't even play at all, the lag was so terribly bad. I am very not happy, and wished i could have played more, plus the install took like all day.

Darth_Leviathan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -21

Failure is a four letter word

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 11:01:16 AM »

What really sucks for me is that I pre-ordered the collectors edition as soon as it was available and the early access code on my receipt wore off by the time the website had the page up to input the code.  I went back to Gamestop to try to get them to retrieve my code and they were like "sorry dude, you're screwed".  Gotta love ordering a $150 game and not even getting the perks from ordering early!

No no nonono That sir is bull**** on gamestops end.  I have a buddy thats a manager at the local gamestop. When my codes/reciept wore off from preordering mw3 all he had to do was pull the info up on the computer and reprint the reciept. You need to seriously go back and demand they do their jobs and this time do it right! If that is not possible then there should be a number for lucas arts or whoever made the game that you can call and dispute but nonetheless gamestop CAN reprint your reciept.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Kezz
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »

Hmm. I will have to try to go in again and ask them to do it.  The time I went I actually talked to the store manager who has been there probably 10 years and he was like sorry buddy you're SOL.  Thanks for the info, I'll let them know that other stores have done it.

Grimfox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 10:03:01 AM »

As someone who has played MMO's for far too many years, I very much appreciated actually caring about my character and the decisions I was making for once. That being said, I expected nothing less from Bioware. As far as early access goes, yes it matters when you inputted your preorder code, I inputted my code literally the day preorders became available and I don't regret that decision in the slightest. Bioware seems to be well aware that throttling the amount of people logging in at once and not letting the servers get overloaded is a GOOD thing. So early access will be stretched over the 5 days leading up to release, starting on the 15th. Hope that helps! If anyone has other questions I might be able to answer let me know!

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

Went and paid off my preordered collectors edition, bring on the early game time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dark side points please

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »

Hmm. I will have to try to go in again and ask them to do it.  The time I went I actually talked to the store manager who has been there probably 10 years and he was like sorry buddy you're SOL.  Thanks for the info, I'll let them know that other stores have done it.

Did you hear anything? 

If not try this:  Go to Gamestop.com and register for an account (if you don't have one all ready).  Your SWTOR order information should automatically pop up on the "my orders" list (which mine did).  Get the order number, then call their 1-800 number.  I waited two hours for someone to come on the line, but they was able to help me.

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »

After reading that I really can't write that much but I have to reiterate what I said on Wraith's post.

The game is WoW but with Lightsaber's.

The biggest plus is the group conversation options.

While a better MMORPG is more welcomed than SW Galaxies..................

KOTOR 3 would have been awesome.

No doubt the game will strive, but an all inclusive RPG for consoles and PC in the vein of KOTOR would sell much better.

I can't lie that i have been upgrading my CPU the last few years but this is ridiculous. While my CPU can run the game; the game itself is not worth the monthly payment, while Guild Wars 2 is free monthly and well worth the cost of the game. (Not meaning too promote another game, This is just my feelings of what I have tested of Star Wars: That Old Republic.)

I haven't played yet, but as someone that played WoW since Vanilla, let me say that it took a long long time to get the level of polish that you currently see today.  As for those that say it's wow with lightsabers, fine but WoW was Everquest with a Blizzard story.  Everquest had its predecessors as well of course, such is the nature of a genre.  It builds over time.  Look how far FPS has come since castle wolfenstein 3d and Doom.

Kezz
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 08:22:04 AM »

Did you hear anything? 

If not try this:  Go to Gamestop.com and register for an account (if you don't have one all ready).  Your SWTOR order information should automatically pop up on the "my orders" list (which mine did).  Get the order number, then call their 1-800 number.  I waited two hours for someone to come on the line, but they was able to help me.

I went back this weekend and asked them to reprint my receipt.  It was a different guy this time and he was like umm yeah we got new keys in so I can try it.  He reprints and out comes a new code.  I told them I was fairly pissed off because the manager said it couldn't be done and now I probably won't get into early access until the weekend.  So then I get home and put in my code...and it says thank you for purchasing the Standard Edition copy.  So hopefully when I get my CE  physical copy my actual code will overwrite this crap so I can get all my extra toys.

If this was back in the day when I raided WoW for world firsts I'd be pretty fuming right now lol

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »

sadly that is all gamestop effing up. bioware can do nothing about your situation. but yes if you bought a ce and put in a ce code then that is what you will get. I ordered ce and right now nobody has any of the perks of the ce if they bought it until they punch in the code on the box.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: