Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Board Connector Block?  (Read 1181 times)
R5D4
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 20

« on: October 10, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »

I've only had my Diamond board equipped Prophecy for a few weeks, but already I'm looking ahead to mods I'd like to make. This probably won't be for a while yet, as I'm aware that tinkering will invalidate the warranty, but in the fullness of time I'd like to add a couple of accent LEDs to the hilt.

My questions are:

1) What kind of connector block does Ultrasabers use to connect the wiring loom to the board, and:

2)  How do I add extra wires to said block for the accent LEDs in what I assume are currently empty accent LED slots in that connection block (apart from accent 1 which is the illuminated switch).

I've had a look around online, but every mention of PCB connector blocks throws up pictures of setups with little screws to hold the wires in. But I'm sure US doesn't use those because the Diamond board has two rows of pins so there must be nowhere to put terminal screws on at least one of the rows.

As I said, this is a looking-ahead project, and I don't want to open it all up and take the tape off the connection to have a look just yet. But I'd like to plan out how I'm going to do it when the time comes.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »

You can check the Diamond Manual from RSX Engineering here. It describes the features and also mentions the two connectors (male) that are compatible. However, I think it's like they handle the Obsidian wiring harness - it comes with all wires attached, but according to your order some of them might just be dead-ends. And I assume it's the same for the Accent LED wires for the Diamond board. But to be 100% sure, I suggest contacting Ultrasabers at info@ultrasabers.com and ask how they handle it and which one of the two connectors they use.

The wiring of Accent LEDS seems to be a common anode (+) type of wiring with one wire from the Accent + that splits into several wires to the appropiate Accent + of the Accent LEDs. The cathodes are all separate, so every Accent - of the LEDs has to go to the appropiate Accent - on the board. There's no common cathode (-).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 09:38:39 PM »

However, I think it's like they handle the Obsidian wiring harness - it comes with all wires attached, but according to your order some of them might just be dead-ends.

I added flash on clash to an Obsidian V4 setup once that didn't have it, and it didn't have a wire there. I had to solder one to the bare post.

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:21:04 AM »

They use standard 1 pin wire headers, you can grab these and they work for all their stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EV70C78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 01:56:35 AM »

Thanks for the link, DV. Ordered me a batch to try out. Point!

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 02:03:19 AM »

Thanks for the link, DV. Ordered me a batch to try out. Point!

Yeah no problem! I had a few extra laying around from assembling various computers over the years, they use the same header pins for the front bezel (on button, reset, power LED, etc). Once I verified they fit I ordered more from the link above. Great for adding FOC or accent LEDs, or whatever.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: