Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: ALADDIN - OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER  (Read 9578 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 12, 2018, 04:24:42 AM »

Disney continues making live action versions of their animated classics. Next up comes Aladdin, starring Will Smith as the genie (although he doesn't appear in this trailer). As teaser trailers go I must say I'm not blown away by it. But it's only a teaser. Hopefully trailer 2 will be better.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ObYhwIkJY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 05:39:31 AM »

Blown away? No. Given that feeling I had when watching the original? Yes. I'm actually excited to see what they do with it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »

This is the one live action project from Disney that has me worried. Purely because Robin Williams was the magic ingredient that made the original so amazing. He is irreplaceable. And as much as I love Will Smith, I don't think he's a good for for the genie. But then again, I can't think of anyone who would be a good fit (maybe early Jim Carrey?)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »

Wake me up for the live version of The Lion King. (also sunset if next year).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »

Let's be honest for a second. Does anyone here really think Will Smith is going to top Robin Williams as the genie?

inb4 Heath Ledger's Joker

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »

I'd rather just watch the animated film. It's a classic. In fact, I may do just that.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »

I have respect for Will Smith, he’s one of my favorite actors so I’ll watch anything that he’s in.  With that said, Robbin Williams setnthe standard for Genie, making him so iconic that a series spawned out of it.  I’ll give it a chance though and I do hope that Will plays the part well because to me, Genie made the original movie.  Disney’s live action are hit and miss but I’m hoeing that this one will be good. The teaser is okay but hopefully it’ll be better

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »

Disney are kind of in a no-win situation with the genie. If they get someone in to do a Robin Williams type performance, people will complain that it's not as good as Robin Williams. If you get someone in to do a completely different take, people will complain that it's nothing like/not as good as Robin Williams. Until we see what tone they are going for, I shall reserve judgment.

I, too, like Willard Caroll Smith Jr in every movie he has done and I love the Fresh Prince. His casting has me apprehensive, but hopeful.

Also, Guy Ritchie is directing. I LOVE Guy Ritchie, but I think he was an odd choice to direct this movie.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 05:40:04 PM »

Opening wide shot: hella frikkin WOW!

A bit underwhelmed by the Cave of Wonders. That's pretty bad when the 20yo cartoon produced a bigger "HOLY $#!%"

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »

No Thanks. Period. I don't care if they cast Will Ferrell as the damn bird. Just NOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »

Disney are kind of in a no-win situation with the genie. If they get someone in to do a Robin Williams type performance, people will complain that it's not as good as Robin Williams. If you get someone in to do a completely different take, people will complain that it's nothing like/not as good as Robin Williams. Until we see what tone they are going for, I shall reserve judgment.

I, too, like Willard Caroll Smith Jr in every movie he has done and I love the Fresh Prince. His casting has me apprehensive, but hopeful.

Also, Guy Ritchie is directing. I LOVE Guy Ritchie, but I think he was an odd choice to direct this movie.

Agreed, people who love the original will hate that someone else other than Robbin Wililams is the Genie and if Will doesn't get close to the Genie, they'll hate it but if he tries and fail, they'll hate it.  You're right on so many levels. I'll give it a chance though and see what happens.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 11:39:36 PM »

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this movie suffers from the Solo effect, where people didn't even want to see another person in the role of Han Solo but Harrison Ford. As Knox said, Robin Williams was the magic ingredient to the original Aladdin. Whether Will Smith tries to do the same version, which I think would be a tremendous mistake as it doesn't suit his style, or he plays it completely differently, a lot of people will automatically hate it.

I have to say I'm a bigger Will Smith film than I was a Robin Williams fan, but I absolutely love the Genie in Aladdin.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 12:19:29 AM »

I have to say I'm a bigger Will Smith film than I was a Robin Williams fan, but I absolutely love the Genie in Aladdin.
I love Will, but Robin touched me in deep and personal way; from Mork & Mindy to Hook to Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam all the way through to insomnia. I cried for a couple days when I heard he died. Will is awesome though.

(case in point)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwS14TiO7Pk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 12:23:25 AM »

Agreed, his iconic roles and the man himself are irreplaceable. I love Will though, what Robbin Williams to you is what Will is to me.  You can’t go wrong with the Carleton dance

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 12:31:08 AM »

I cannot help but smile and rock out whenever I watch that clip. Alfonso Ribeiro is a legend. He made Tom Jones cool again.

Will is a legend, Robin was an icon. Both great in their own way.

Back to the trailer
A bit underwhelmed by the Cave of Wonders.
Ditto. I was expecting something a bit more epic and realistic looking. And i found the voice almost laughable (as if someone was trying to do a scary version of Christian Bale's Batman voice, but failing miserably).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: