Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: ALADDIN - OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER  (Read 9566 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »

No Thanks. Period. I don't care if they cast Will Ferrell as the damn bird. Just NOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Plus.....this one should have just been left alone because nobody will ever, EVER be able to match Robin Williams as Genie. Unless they are completely recycling his dialogue from the OG.

And....no. Gilbert nailed Iago. That match couldn't be improved upon either.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »

I'm honestly not sure what to think, I only saw the original once and that was years ago, and I am kinda confused by this trailer but I think I'll give it a go when it comes out.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »

I'm honestly not sure what to think, I only saw the original once and that was years ago, and I am kinda confused by this trailer but I think I'll give it a go when it comes out.
You really should rewatch it. It's awesome and still holds up in all the best ways Disney can. The music is amazing and, of course, ROBIN WILLIAMS AS THE GENIE!!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »

Hi All,

This is the one thing I can't fault Disney for and it's the musical content and talent they have given us. All the way back to The Jungle Book (animated) with "The Bear Necessities", then Robin Hood and the "Phoney King of England" all the way to present day. Disney have had good music.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 07:44:48 PM »

You really should rewatch it. It's awesome and still holds up in all the best ways Disney can. The music is amazing and, of course, ROBIN WILLIAMS AS THE GENIE!!
I probably will rewatch it now that a live action version is coming out, but I was never really a Disney fan, though Aladdin was always one of my favorites.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Go back to sleep Logos  Tongue  Smiley

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »

Hi All,

This is the one thing I can't fault Disney for and it's the musical content and talent they have given us. All the way back to The Jungle Book (animated) with "The Bear Necessities", then Robin Hood and the "Phoney King of England" all the way to present day. Disney have had good music.
Out of all the old skool Disney animated movies The Jungle Book is my favourite. Out of the nu-skool Disney (The Little Mermaid onwards), The Lion King is my favourite, with Aladdin a very close second. The music is memorable, catchy and timeless.

I probably will rewatch it now that a live action version is coming out, but I was never really a Disney fan, though Aladdin was always one of my favorites.
You don't watch for the Disney. You watch for Robin Williams. And the music. But mainly for Robin Williams.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »

You don't watch for the Disney. You watch for Robin Williams. And the music. But mainly for Robin Williams.
He steals the show, but there are still many things to love about the OG.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »

He steals the show, but there are still many things to love about the OG.
The flying carpet (which the MCU stole for Dr Strange). Abu. And we would be remiss not to mention the amazing Gilbert Gottfried as Iago.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 09:26:04 PM »

Out of all the old skool Disney animated movies The Jungle Book is my favourite. Out of the nu-skool Disney (The Little Mermaid onwards), The Lion King is my favourite, with Aladdin a very close second.

This is exactly how I feel. Good call.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 02:22:32 AM »

To me, my favorite OG Disney movies are between Aladdin and Mulan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »

The flying carpet (which the MCU stole for Dr Strange). Abu. And we would be remiss not to mention the amazing Gilbert Gottfried as Iago.
I did mention Gilbert.

Plus.....this one should have just been left alone because nobody will ever, EVER be able to match Robin Williams as Genie. Unless they are completely recycling his dialogue from the OG.

And....no. Gilbert nailed Iago. That match couldn't be improved upon either.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »

I did mention Gilbert.

Sorry. I can't hear you. Must be due to atmospheric disturbances. Your message came through all garbled. Ah well.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 06:23:19 PM »

Sorry. I can't hear you. Must be due to atmospheric disturbances. Your message came through all garbled. Ah well.

Us flying through an asteroid belt doesn't help much with communication either.   Grin

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 07:00:26 PM »

And i found the voice almost laughable (as if someone was trying to do a scary version of Christian Bale's Batman voice, but failing miserably).

I will have to go back to my DVD (its packed up) but I'm almost certain that is just the reused voice from the original film.

I like Will, but....this is stepping into Robin Williams shoes....there aren't many...if any that can.  Robin, of course, always took any role he was given and made it 100% his own.  So this will be a definite 'We'll see".

As far as favorite Old Skool (Pre-Mermaid)...its a tie between The Sword in the Stone and Alice in Wonderland.    Post Mermaid...  It's a lot closer.  Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast are up there.  Of course I also loved Frozen... and no it wasn't JUST because of Elsa.  85% to 90% Elsa at most Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: