Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Weird Problem with my sound  (Read 867 times)
Oblivian69
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -6

The Force Shall Set Me Free

« on: October 13, 2018, 06:27:02 AM »

So I have a reaper with basic sound that I have owned for just over a month.  I took it to a Halloween party and it started shutting itself down after about thirty seconds.  When it would shut down there would be a metallic twang like swords clanging together and then a woman's voice saying something that sounds like oblivian.  Is this my batteries dying or is there some type of other technical problem?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 06:45:04 AM »

It is saying Obsidian, that is the name of the sound board. And all it means is that your batteries are dead. Also carry spare!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »

Yeah, it's basically your board losing power and then repowering, or rebooting. The sound you hear is the sound the boards always make when you put in fresh batteries. If you've never heard it before, you definitely need to change them. Also, aside from carrying spares, as tx_tuff said, it's also a good idea to start any event with fresh batteries. If you don't like the cost of continuously replacing not dead alkalines, you may want to pick up some AAA rechargeable batteries and a charger.

Oblivian69
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -6

The Force Shall Set Me Free

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »

Cool, I thought the saber was breaking. 

Thanks for the help and advice guys

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »

Yup, it's either the batteries dying or one of them are loose making a horrible contact point so the soundboard keeps rebooting.  I'd replace them and make sure that all four AAAs are secured.  Use something like velcro or electrical tape to secure them

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: