Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Main LED going out, but SOUND and FoC still working  (Read 563 times)
Scratch407
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 13, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »

I am having problems with the main orange LED staying on in my Aeon V4 and have had it for a couple years now. It has Flash on clash and an obsidian soundboard. From reading other posts, I thought it might be old batteries that were not holding the charge, but I just ordered fresh batteries, charged them fully, and put them in and turn it on. The blade lit up orange, sound came through, and then after about 10 seconds of not moving it, the blade went out but the sound kept going. I have been using it to perform stage combat with, so I don't know if that is something which could have messed up one of the wires or something.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:08:56 PM »

It sounds like a wire might of come loose but without looking at it and just hearing it's behavior, I can't 100% be sure.  There can be a loose wire anywhere from the LED unit to the battery back

Scratch407
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »

That is what I thought, but how do I know which wire is the correct wire going from the orange LED? I pulled out the battery case/ sound board and the led puck, but don't want to unnecessarily mess up other wires.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 06:29:05 PM »

It depends on what saber you have but from my experience on the Aeon and Dominix, the wire harness is enough just to replace the battery as most sabers are, you have to cut the wiring harness to take things apart since the LED isn't removable due to the wiring harness being short.  Unlike the MHS emitter and pommel sabers, you have to cut the wire harness on the Aeon to even get the LED out so without cutting the harness, you can't take it apart which appears to be the case based on what you're saying.  I would contact US customer service to see if they can help, being 2 years old, it's out of warranty anyhow so it's up to you whether you want to take it apart or have US do it. I believe they have a $50.00 charge just to take it apart.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:11:16 AM »

Can you solder? If so I would start from the LED and work down looking for a loose or broken wire. In theory it could actually be the LED itself and not the wiring.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: