Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Aeon in blazing red picspam  (Read 2863 times)
darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« on: January 21, 2011, 07:23:06 AM »

Hello there fellow illuminated saber enthusiasts, not long ago I received my grab bag saber after a whole week of waiting! It felt like xmas again when I saw the UPS man drop a familiar tall box off at my door. I opened it up and turned it on, I hadn't asked for batteries but I sure got em Smiley thanks ultrasabers! This one had a red button as opposed to my fire orange SI with it's bare color, I was happy to see that. I also enjoy the accent hole above the retention screw hole, I am definitely a fan of sabers with those holes so I may one day add a liberator to my growing collection.

I'm liking the Aeon so far, as you'll see soon I have some electric tape for grip, it's very comfortable in my hand and works well as my right hand saber. As my orange blade has been cut down to 35 inches and thus slightly lighter, having the heavier saber with the thinner hilt and the lighter saber with the slightly thicker hilt worked well to create a balance while swinging. I'm having much fun out in the cold learning how to do dual-wield swings and twirls.

I apologize for the picture quality :p

Awesome red switch Cheesy

There's that extra hole Smiley

Next to my orange SI

Eye punishingly bright, awesome isn't it?

Aint that a pretty sight

And a bonus of my orange by itself

I don't think the emperor minds that one of my sabers isn't red.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:26:05 AM »

Nice looking Saber Cheesy Wish i had more cash to get another, something as simple as electrical tape really makes those sabers look great

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »

My Grab Bag saber was a Standard Issue. I would love an Aeon however. Might be something for my next purchase. Anyway i like your review, especially with the Fire Orange next to Blazing Red. I wanted to see the difference on that for quite a while now.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:59:50 AM »

My Grab Bag saber was a Standard Issue. I would love an Aeon however. Might be something for my next purchase. Anyway i like your review, especially with the Fire Orange next to Blazing Red. I wanted to see the difference on that for quite a while now.

Glad I could provide that comparison, I wanted to see it myself. I was prepping myself for falling in love with any color I might get because while I did emphasize wanting white or red, I figured it was possible that I would not get it. And that would've been plenty fine because I feel that orange goes well with any color, jedi or sith. From a larp standpoint, I feel like orange makes for the sith warrior's non-red color since sith inquisitors in TOR wield purple too. But it would also go well with jedi colors, especially yellow, I think. But mainly I was liking the orange red combo idea and I shell bricks when I opened the box, pulled it out, and saw that lovely red glow.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »

i can imagine that mate. Are you a larper btw? It has always fascinated me but i don't have a SW larp nearby.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 06:51:27 PM »

i can imagine that mate. Are you a larper btw? It has always fascinated me but i don't have a SW larp nearby.

I really wish I were, but I'm just beginning my journey in to the world of SW larping. I don't have a costume yet and I still have sabers I want to buy. I don't know anyone else nearby to larp with, but I hope for one of my costumes to be darth maul-esque but rather another of the Nightbrothers, specifically an orange one Cheesy

Dark sith robes and tunic would work well without the facepaint, but I want to at the very least make an appearance at a con or halloween as an orange zabrak. Maybe american idol lol, I'd get on tv no matter how awful I was at singing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: