Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Iam8bit Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X 30th Anniversary unboxing!  (Read 2611 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« on: October 14, 2018, 10:11:10 PM »

I picked up the new releases of Mega Man  2 and Mega Man X from Iam8bit.  These were both limited to 8,500 sets with 7,500  of each having a standard color cart (Light Blue for 2 and White for X) and a 1,000 of each having a translucent dark blue glow-in-the-dark cart. Which ones did I get?  Watch and find out!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQuWuR0rrY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQuWuR0rrY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbWUTf9KLQ&amp;t" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbWUTf9KLQ&amp;t</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »

Sweet stuff, Prowl. It's always cool to see stuff like this, as I'm a retro VG fan myself. Though, I'm not much into Mega Man. I have Mega Man X from back in the day, and I also have the Mega Man Legacy Collection and a Chinese knockoff multi cart with all 6 NES Mega Man games on it, and maybe some on my Chinese knockoff multi SNES cart. I just can't seem to get into the games, though. Anyway, I can totally see why those would be worth the money for you, as there are things I'd drop those kind of credits on. It's ironic that you got the glow in the dark one on the one you didn't want glow in the dark on. Isn't life funny like that?

I've noticed you have old cartridges in the background of a lot of your saber videos. Great stuff. Cheesy

I like that companies are bringing stuff like this out. I got in on the Collector's Edition versions of the Retro-Bit Holy Diver and R-Type III/Super R-Type carts, and I finally got those a while back, last month, I think. Great stuff, I love that they realize that there's a market for these games, especially among those of us who grew up with these games. I also have some other officially licensed multi carts and retro consoles with included games. (I'm on the pre-order for the Playstation Classic)

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:56:35 AM »

Sweet stuff, Prowl. It's always cool to see stuff like this, as I'm a retro VG fan myself. Though, I'm not much into Mega Man. I have Mega Man X from back in the day, and I also have the Mega Man Legacy Collection and a Chinese knockoff multi cart with all 6 NES Mega Man games on it, and maybe some on my Chinese knockoff multi SNES cart. I just can't seem to get into the games, though. Anyway, I can totally see why those would be worth the money for you, as there are things I'd drop those kind of credits on. It's ironic that you got the glow in the dark one on the one you didn't want glow in the dark on. Isn't life funny like that?

I've noticed you have old cartridges in the background of a lot of your saber videos. Great stuff. Cheesy

I like that companies are bringing stuff like this out. I got in on the Collector's Edition versions of the Retro-Bit Holy Diver and R-Type III/Super R-Type carts, and I finally got those a while back, last month, I think. Great stuff, I love that they realize that there's a market for these games, especially among those of us who grew up with these games. I also have some other officially licensed multi carts and retro consoles with included games. (I'm on the pre-order for the Playstation Classic)

Thanks for watching!  Yes, it is ironic, I got the rare Mega Man 2 cart when I wanted the common one, I couldn't stop laughing.  The common Mega Man X one isn't so bad though.   I like that Holy Diver box set that Retro-bit was selling on Castlemania.  It came with a lot of extras, and that box it came in looks sweet.  And at a $60 price point, that is a heck of a steal.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »

Yep, Castlemania Games. That's where I pre-ordered the Holy Diver and R-Type sets from.

More companies need to do these retro games, for those of us who love them. I'm willing to drop some money for officially licensed games, obviously you are too. Wink

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 02:43:30 AM »

Great pick up, Prowl. Mega man was always one of my favorite series especially the X series for the SNES

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 03:42:15 AM »

Yep, Castlemania Games. That's where I pre-ordered the Holy Diver and R-Type sets from.

More companies need to do these retro games, for those of us who love them. I'm willing to drop some money for officially licensed games, obviously you are too. Wink

Yeah, if it's a series I'm passionate about like Mega Man or Metroid.  Would love a Collector's Edition of The Guardian Legend, it's my favortite game of all time but not very well known.  it was on the original NES.

Great pick up, Prowl. Mega man was always one of my favorite series especially the X series for the SNES

Thanks, I'm really happy with them.  We all have our expensive hobbies, like lightsabers lol.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »

I picked up the new releases of Mega Man  2 and Mega Man X from Iam8bit.  These were both limited to 8,500 sets with 7,500  of each having a standard color cart (Light Blue for 2 and White for X) and a 1,000 of each having a translucent dark blue glow-in-the-dark cart. Which ones did I get?  Watch and find out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQuWuR0rrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbWUTf9KLQ&t

How can MMX be celebrating a 30th anniversary when it was released in '93? Undecided Or was it 30th anniversary of the release of the OG?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »

How can MMX be celebrating a 30th anniversary when it was released in '93? Undecided Or was it 30th anniversary of the release of the OG?

That copy looks like the NES version so maybe the OG release? 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »

That copy looks like the NES version so maybe the OG release? 
The MM2 box is definitely NES, but I was there when my buddy got MMX for the SNES. Googled it as well. MMX was first realeased as a SNES title.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »

The MM2 box is definitely NES, but I was there when my buddy got MMX for the SNES. Googled it as well. MMX was first realeased as a SNES title.

That's what I thought, I had the X series for SNES and only knew about the pre-X series for NES.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »

Mega Man 2. Released December 24, 1988 in Japan. Those games were put out one a year between 1987 and 1996 in Japan. (some of the US releases were delayed)

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 03:04:32 AM »

Yeah, the orginal MM gamne came out in 87.  The first X game was 93.  It's great series, I'm having trouble really getting into MM 11 though, those boards are too long.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: