Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Final Phase of Ancient Saber “Battery Pack”  (Read 4848 times)
DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »

Liking what you got going on. Keep it coming. Point incoming Mask

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »

That looks amazing Many. Just wondering, is the visor made from a fencing mask? My old mask looks like it is made of that material and in the same pattern. (If so that's a really cool way to use a fencing mask)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »

That looks amazing Many. Just wondering, is the visor made from a fencing mask? My old mask looks like it is made of that material and in the same pattern. (If so that's a really cool way to use a fencing mask)

This particular mask is apparently some sort of Airsoft mask.  Honestly, I'm not sure that I'm going to use it - I bought it because I wanted to see exactly how it was put together, because I have all the same raw materials & would prefer making one myself.  But It would be something along those lines.  It's just thin Kydex & some sturdy wire mesh that's been painted, some hex bolts and bendable brackets.  That plus some floor mat foam, pretty sure I can come up with something neat.  Wink

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 03:07:35 AM »

Mask definitely looks good in the pic there

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 07:43:18 AM »

Excellent work on that battery pack! The whole thing will be epic when you get finished with it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 04:58:02 AM »

So exciting!!😃

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 06:36:42 AM »

Now that my Prophecy is actually on its way, the nervousness of what I’m gonna do to it arrives early.  I’ve modified a couple of my sabers a bit here and there, but nothing like what I have planned for the Prophecy.  And I’ve also never seen done what I’ll be doing either, so I’m not 100% sure that A) it’ll work or B) that it’s a good idea lol.  But like our friend Palpatine said:  “My resolve has never been stronger.”

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »

I'm excited to see it paired up with the battery pack.  Are you going to weather it?

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 04:51:28 PM »

I am gonna weather it, BUT...  the idea of this project is that some very old and damaged saber is found, and is so damaged that only parts of it are retrievable.  So some parts are going to be more weathered than others, because it has to look like it’s actually put back together using different pieces of X Y and Z.  But damaged yes...damaged like...what if whoever this belonged to lost the fight, and their saber took a saber slice right across the bottom of the hilt where the batteries once were?  Now the crystal’s fused to the inside and that piece can’t be replaced, but the rest has to be replaced using junk from this junk world it’s been lost on forever...

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »

He’ll ya, love the back story. And who doesn’t love a saber that lost a fight, catastrophically, and has been brought back from the dead!! I’m watching this everyday for updates bubba! Lovin’ it!!!!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 03:23:12 AM »

Man, I’m not gonna lie - now that I actually have my Dark Prophecy I’m super reticent to use it on my project lol.  Sizewise it’s a little smaller than I’d anticipated, but still viable for what I’m wanting to do - but all the same I’m wondering if another saber I own might be a better fit.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »

Only you know what will work best with how you want it to look/work. I'm sure you will make the right decision.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 11:54:58 AM »

This is sweet! Amazing job, point!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 03:24:57 PM »

Man, I’m not gonna lie - now that I actually have my Dark Prophecy I’m super reticent to use it on my project lol.  Sizewise it’s a little smaller than I’d anticipated, but still viable for what I’m wanting to do - but all the same I’m wondering if another saber I own might be a better fit.

Completely understand Many, it's such a beautiful saber and once you have it, it's hard to want to "hack" into it and weather it to make it look like a relic.  You can always use something else like a more basic saber such as the Sentinel you used to test fit the pack. 

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 08:57:52 AM »

Well the project is on a little hiatus due to my Prophecy having a little glitch:  when off, the red LED portion of the Sentinel Yellow flickers constantly.  So it’s going back to US for a touch up before I can maul it lol

Have a much better idea of what I’ll be doing now though, actually having a feel for the thing now - it’s actually a little smaller than I’d anticipated, which is kinda awesome really.  Will definitely be getting another prophecy in the future.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: