Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound muting?  (Read 616 times)
Black_bird
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 16, 2018, 12:53:22 AM »

Is there any way to mute the sound of a light saber with sound?

Thanks  Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »

Only with certain setups. With an Obsidian Lite, there's now way to do it. With an Obsidian V3, there's a way but it's hardly ideal. Just go into the editor on a computer and remove the sound files.

Both Obsidian V4 and Diamond come with a mute option. Basically, it's a blank sound font slot. On both of those, cycle through fonts until you hear just a beep, instead of a font name. (after Episode 6 on the Obsidian V4) That will be mute. Hold the button to confirm. Sound will be muted until such a time as you switch to another font.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:14:23 PM »

I actually cut a piece of packing material, about 3/4" thick, and put it in the pommel of my Obsidian Lite saber.  Make sure there's a decent air gap, or the speaker will shred itself, and its not totally mute but very quiet with the blocker in there.  Its a good way to mute the sound down so you don't disturb others when you fire it up.   I saw a post once upon a time that put a dip switch on the speaker line to turn the speaker itself on and off, but that's a little beyond me.  :-)  Unfortunately there is no software control to turn off sound on the Lite.

The Obsidian V3 you can load a "mute" font, but you need to connect to your PC and upload a new font to mute or unmute.

The Obsidian V4 and the Diamond have "mute" fonts you can toggle to with the onboard controls.  This is the most convenient feature and if you can afford it definitely the way to go.  But if you're just struggling its worth getting sound, just use a physical block to mute.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »

I saw a post once upon a time that put a dip switch on the speaker line to turn the speaker itself on and off, but that's a little beyond me. 

It's not hard, just get a 2 pin switch and rig it up the way you would wire a kill switch. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: