Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Ben Affleck’s Out As Batman As WB Eyes New Actor To Replace Him  (Read 6544 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: October 16, 2018, 04:58:05 PM »

The inconsistency of DC and WB just keeps on moving which is one of the many reasons why I can't take them serious.  Looks like a recast and a revamp of the universe once again

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ben-afflecks-batman-wb-eyes-new-actor-replace/

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »

Kinda the worst kept secret in Hollywood, especially given Affleck is currently back in rehab. I'll be sorry to see him go as he was great in the role in BvS, even though I didn't like huge chunks of that movie.

I agree that DC has huge amounts of inconsistency at the moment, but that's only because they are (hopefully) working diligently to make better movies, especially with Walter Hamada now in charge of things, post Justice League.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 05:35:16 PM »

Agreed, reading that he's in rehab made me think that he wouldn't reprise the role anytime soon and I'll admit that I wasn't keen on him being Batman when it was first announced, but after watching BvS and seeing his fight scenes, I respect him and like his version of Batman. 

I do hope that DC is going to work on making the universe better which will result in better movies in the future especially with the likes of Walter at the helm. 

Hopefully, this "reset" is a good one and things will look up for their universe

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:25:09 PM »

honestly, I would kind of support it if they completely re-started the DCEU, keeping some of the actors but de-canonizing the movies out now and making a clean(ish) slate.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »

I believe that's what they're doing but cleaning house with Batman and Superman. I like Gal Galdot and Jason Momoa as WW and Aquaman so I do hope that they at least keep them two around. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »

honestly, I would kind of support it if they completely re-started the DCEU
I know a certain section of fandom would love this. But I think Hamda has already confirmed that that will not happen.

I believe that's what they're doing but cleaning house with Batman and Superman.
One criticism I had with DC for years was that for the longest time they only seemed to make Batman or Superman movies. Yes, those characters are popular and awesome, but Dc has so many great heroes to choose from there was no reason to continually focus on just those two. The MCU showed that you could take lesser known (to the general movie going audience) characters and make compelling films with them. I know Green Lantern didn't land in the way it should, but Wonder Woman was fantastic (one of the best DC movies to date). Aquaman's introduction in Justice League, similar to how Black Panther was introduced in CA: Civil War left fans clamouring for more and soon we shall have his solo movie. Shazam was an announcement a little out of the box, but if they can stick the landing with that and Aquaman and Wonder Woman 84 then I think they will have gained some good will back with the fans who have been disappointed with the majority of the movies thus far. And bringing James Gunn onboard for Suicide Squad 2 will probably be looked back as a genius move (fi the movie turns out great).

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 12:54:32 AM »

Yeah, we saw this coming. I was in denial about it, but I knew it was coming. Ben definitely needs to work out his personal problems before even thinking of future projects. I read a quote from Christian Slater several years ago that went something like this: "Acting is work. Staying sober is my job." Very wise words.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »

All of this BS just makes me less and less interested in Aquarman.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »

I don't see why. Aside from being in Justice League together, they have nothing to do with each other. Aquaman is a standalone film. Though, how well that, Wonder Woman 1984 and Shazam do at the box office will probably help decide how things move forward.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »

One criticism I had with DC for years was that for the longest time they only seemed to make Batman or Superman movies. Yes, those characters are popular and awesome, but Dc has so many great heroes to choose from there was no reason to continually focus on just those two. The MCU showed that you could take lesser known (to the general movie going audience) characters and make compelling films with them. I know Green Lantern didn't land in the way it should, but Wonder Woman was fantastic (one of the best DC movies to date). Aquaman's introduction in Justice League, similar to how Black Panther was introduced in CA: Civil War left fans clamouring for more and soon we shall have his solo movie. Shazam was an announcement a little out of the box, but if they can stick the landing with that and Aquaman and Wonder Woman 84 then I think they will have gained some good will back with the fans who have been disappointed with the majority of the movies thus far. And bringing James Gunn onboard for Suicide Squad 2 will probably be looked back as a genius move (fi the movie turns out great).

Agreed, one of the most annoying thing that DC has done over the years was them recycling Batman and Superman over and over again.  We all get it that those two are DC's "A characters" but they left quite a bit of good characters in the background for no reason this entire time. Wonder Woman was a breath of fresh air when it came out and Aquaman (Black Panther but KillMonger is the good guy), from what I can tell, is really good as well.  I agree with you Knox, they should use WW and Aquaman's movies as base to start their new universe and leave that dark Christopher Nolan bad copy universe in the past and start off with a clean slate as their claiming that they're doing.

Look at Marvel, with Fox owning the X-Men franchise since the late 90s, they had to find other characters to make movies with.  Not many people besides us comic book and movie nerds know that the Avengers are Marvel's "B Team" while the X-Men were the "A Team" in the Marvel Universe.  What Marvel did in the MCU with the Avengers is genius, movie goers who aren't comic readers nor ones that kept up with the story line know that the Avengers weren't in a league like the X-Men were. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »

Not only that, Ironman was lower B/upper C list character. In fact  most of the Avengers team in that first movie were the same, with the exception of Hulk and maybe Thor. Then there was Guardians, which was a huge gamble and shouldn't have worked.

At this stage DC has lost a lot of goodwill with parts of the fandom and it will take some major successes to get them back.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 11:34:27 AM »

Not only that, Ironman was lower B/upper C list character. In fact  most of the Avengers team in that first movie were the same, with the exception of Hulk and maybe Thor. Then there was Guardians, which was a huge gamble and shouldn't have worked.

That's what I'm talking about, the entire team weren't the A-Team and the individual characters minus a character or two were either mid grade or low on the totem pole. What makes their films work is that they found new things to explorer.  The Avengers and the Guardians are two different movies with two different story lines but they work on their own and when brought into the mix together, it flowed well together.   I wouldn't say that it shouldn't have worked since even as "lower" characters and teams, their stories worked for them well in the comics and just like we've seen with the MCU, as long as they bring them onto the big screen in the right way, it'll work.  Marvel figured out the direction that they're going with each film and they set out to accomplish that.  The X-Men franchise is a prime example that even one of the best teams and characters from Marvel wouldn't make good films unless the stories are good.  It also doesn't hurt to have good directors filming them as well.  I can't imagine if Michael Bay would of filmed Iron Man or the first Avenger film, it might not of bode well.  Imagine the Russo Brothers filming the first Justice League.  These characters in the hands of good directors and good teams will make the movie but in the wrong hands, can break the movie. 

DC is quite the opposite, they saw the success of the Dark Knight films and tried to replicate it and use it as the base and default for the rest of the universe short of WW and Aquaman and we all saw how that worked out for them.  Plus, it's the directors who also film these movies that can either make the movie great or make it like... well... BvS or Justice League......

At this stage DC has lost a lot of goodwill with parts of the fandom and it will take some major successes to get them back.

DC has lot of things they need to get right in order to get to the point where their movies are good.  They have to stop trying to compete with Marvel and just focus on making films and building their own cinematic universe.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 11:36:36 AM »

Its hard so see where they can go from here with Batman and Superman.  The films were so tonally different than what were are seeing with WW and Aquaman that, without rebooting, its going to be a task to set them on a converging path.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »

Agreed, other than WW and Aquaman, their universe has been going downhill for quite some time. 

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 08:55:59 PM »

Y'all seem to be somewhat big DC fans here... so let me ask you. Do you think at some point the franchise will simply lose its fan base because of these constant missteps, casting changes, and the like? Granted, I'm sure that many fans will follow wherever it goes no matter what, but with the news of both Supes and Bats going through the revolving door yet again, I can't help but think a good portion of fans will eventually say "that's all I can stands, I can't stands no more! WE'RE DONE!!"

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: