Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450051 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1020 on: October 15, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »

A less glossy red............hmm. That may get it closer, but maybe a little darker red too.

On the Dark Graflex. I have one I hand painted the hex screw heads, recharge port nut and the grooves on the switch clamp in 6110 classic gold liquid leaf. Seeing the Guardian version of yours in black twigged the red contrast in my eyes. If I get another Dark Graflex OR another Graflex CE/SE, I may get some kryoline umbra or dark burgundy (maybe dark primer red, if it looks close enough). But with spray paints in stead, the brush strokes annoy me, lol.

Hi chalion, Regarding the Graflex/Dark Graflex that sounds good but I wouldn't be able to add the gold to the grooves on my model's clamp or pommel. You see I used a "Blender Trick" modifier that embosses an image onto the model rather than creating solid parts. The result looks like this...

But I do also have this variant I could go crazy on...(this is just the clamp of course)....

EDIT: I have a Deep Red version. Here you go...

Hope this is a bit closer!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1021 on: October 15, 2019, 09:08:26 PM »

Hi chalion, again as with Karmack's request just give me a half hour and I'll see what I can do with the Dark Obi-Wan for you. Regarding the Graflex/Dark Graflex that sounds good but I wouldn't be able to add the gold to the grooves on my model's clamp or pommel. You see I used a "Blender Trick" modifier that embosses an image onto the model rather than creating solid parts. The result looks like this...

But I do also have this variant I could go crazy on...(this is just the clamp of course)....

So check back in a while and I should have a deeper red accent on the Obi for you.

Very appreciated. I'm in no rush and may not get back here today.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1022 on: October 15, 2019, 09:18:14 PM »

Hi chalion,

If you are still here I have done the edit already! I have edited my last post above it's in there, hope this one's closer!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1023 on: October 15, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »

Hello Everybody,

A little later than normal I have my latest Blender model and it is back to lightsabers. This one has a few variations and one big "ERUPTION" to finish on. So here is...

In the desert...

In the Dark(side)...

Obi-Wan SithObi...

Now I have catered for the fans of OWK, are there any rock guitar fans on this forum? If so get ready for EVH...

This was an attempt to make a slightly less angular Episode I Kenobi hilt by rounding off some edges and corners. Then I just had fun giving the hilt new powdercaot schemes. Hope you enjoyed them and thanks for looking in.
Well it seems I have missed a few things, So point to you for your Excellence.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1024 on: October 15, 2019, 10:50:52 PM »

Well it seems I have missed a few things, So point to you for your Excellence.

Hello MavRick, that's very kind of you to say about me, I've never been called "Excellence" before. I have to say I've put in quite a few hours of hard work to get where I am with my model making...but every minute has been worth it now I can make sabers like these and my own bespoke designs. Hopefully you will be impressed further with the rest of my "Master Series" collection (that Graflex pommel and Rey clamp above is a sneak peek).

Please accept a point in return for your fantastic support.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1025 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:30 PM »

The color combos with this design are endless. I am imaging the hilt in green ( where all the red is on the red and black one) with a yellow blade and also in reverse ( gold hilt and green blade).  Wink
 I think it would look good both ways.  Grin Use the Force and you will see it too!  Wink
 PS: Just giving credit where credit is do good Sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1026 on: October 16, 2019, 12:43:20 AM »

Hi chalion, Regarding the Graflex/Dark Graflex that sounds good but I wouldn't be able to add the gold to the grooves on my model's clamp or pommel. You see I used a "Blender Trick" modifier that embosses an image onto the model rather than creating solid parts. The result looks like this...

Exactly what I was hoping for!. Thank you very much for your effort. And there's the point too.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1027 on: October 16, 2019, 01:57:37 AM »

The color combos with this design are endless. I am imaging the hilt in green ( where all the red is on the red and black one) with a yellow blade and also in reverse ( gold hilt and green blade).  Wink
 I think it would look good both ways.  Grin Use the Force and you will see it too!  Wink
 PS: Just giving credit where credit is do good Sir.

Hi MavRick, yes I mentioned in my first post of this saber that I got carried away with the variations! And I mentioned I had a gold hilt which I couldn't decide to turn into a Jedi Council hilt or a Threepio themed one. I will work on your suggestions and may post another gallery of them soon. I just need a few energy capsules first. Thanks again.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1028 on: October 16, 2019, 02:00:18 AM »

Exactly what I was hoping for!. Thank you very much for your effort. And there's the point too.

Glad I could help, if you are planning on building this from an Avenger I can't wait to see how it turns out (or the Graflex you mentioned). Thanks to you again and on to the next projects!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1029 on: October 17, 2019, 05:38:22 PM »

Wow FT, the level of detail that you can render...just staggering...

I really like what you've done here, especially since modding saber hilts with a Graflex Clamp is one of my favorite additions  Smiley  On that point, I'd love to see you (eventually) do a rendering of Luke's RotJ saber...except maybe with a nice blue blade  Grin

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1030 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:25 PM »

Wow FT, the level of detail that you can render...just staggering...

I really like what you've done here, especially since modding saber hilts with a Graflex Clamp is one of my favorite additions  Smiley  On that point, I'd love to see you (eventually) do a rendering of Luke's RotJ saber...except maybe with a nice blue blade  Grin

Point!

Hello Dutch, well I have good news....I have TWO Graflex versions coming very soon and just for you I have a Luke ROTJ hilt (to which I can add a blue blade). I hoped to post these a little nearer to the release date of Rise of Skywalker but I may bring them forward a little.

And the level of detail I can get has amazed me, I never thought my laptop would be able to model this stuff...but it does! I will say that the Graflex pommel detail is a little bit of an illusion!

Thanks as always for the kind words. Point on the way.

EDIT: AND a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that has viewed and supported this thread and my designs. The thread has broken 30,000 views! So thanks to all of you and I hope to continue to impress in future.

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #1031 on: October 18, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »

Really like this pommel . Great design.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1032 on: October 18, 2019, 07:04:28 PM »

Excellent work, For. Any way I can request a white and gold one?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1033 on: October 18, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »

Really like this pommel . Great design.

Hello Rathayatra, thanks for the kind comments. The pommel comes from an earlier design which I made for a YouTuber, then I modified it to use on my series of Stormtrooper inspired hilts and finally I managed to model an Obi-Wan Episode One hilt and used the pommel again on this. The pommel was inspired by Kenobi's hilt originally as the YouTuber liked World of Warcraft so I needed a "Skullcrusher" style pommel to fit the theme. You can see my first Stormtrooper hilt by using this link:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg696717#msg696717

Thanks again and a point is on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1034 on: October 18, 2019, 08:13:19 PM »

Excellent work, For. Any way I can request a white and gold one?

Hello Infinit, thank you very much. A white and gold one? I'll have a look what I can do (however I will say that it wont be as metallic as these versions because if I set the metallic texture to white it just appears silver so I will have to make the hilt semi glossy ok!) Just give me a day to work out the textures.

A point and a saber on it's way to you
(p.s. how's your designing coming along, I still haven't seen your thin neck you were working on yet   Roll Eyes )

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: