Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449161 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1050 on: October 27, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well I took a look at improving on the Phineas and Ferb sabers but how do you improve on comedic perfection?

However it's been a week since I posted my version of the Graflex and I usually have light and dark versions of all my builds so here is the "Grail Graflex DE" (Dark Edition) and a special FOS version...

FOS Version

FOS stands for "Full-On Sith" and this one is for fellow member chalion who likes red accented hilts! I made this one with red T-Grips and the shade of red kinda reminds me of dried blood. And as the switch card was made from a pocket calculator screen strip which used to light up I figured why not illuminate the switch card? I think it looks alright - a bit of Sith Bling! Hope you like and thanks for looking in.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1051 on: October 28, 2019, 11:12:39 AM »

Good Morning from my part of the world, For! Love that Dark Graflex you have there.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1052 on: October 28, 2019, 04:09:30 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well I took a look at improving on the Phineas and Ferb sabers but how do you improve on comedic perfection?

However it's been a week since I posted my version of the Graflex and I usually have light and dark versions of all my builds so here is the "Grail Graflex DE" (Dark Edition) and a special FOS version...

FOS Version

FOS stands for "Full-On Sith" and this one is for fellow member chalion who likes red accented hilts! I made this one with red T-Grips and the shade of red kinda reminds me of dried blood. And as the switch card was made from a pocket calculator screen strip which used to light up I figured why not illuminate the switch card? I think it looks alright - a bit of Sith Bling! Hope you like and thanks for looking in.

Just for the record, if anyone (like me) keeps the brightness on their screens low as a rule, be sure to look at these pics with nearly-full brightness. Trust me, it VASTLY improves the experience.

Great job as usual, FT!!!!!  Point incoming.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1053 on: October 28, 2019, 09:25:35 PM »

Black with Red accents and highlights just talks to me. Black with Gold works, but in real life, gold leaf just looks a little, bland.

Nice addition with the bubble lights too. Excellent design.

Have a point for even more inventiveness.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1054 on: October 29, 2019, 06:45:48 AM »

Good Morning from my part of the world, For! Love that Dark Graflex you have there.

Hello Infinit, thanks for calling in, I know you must be really busy now with the holiday season approaching.

Just for the record, if anyone (like me) keeps the brightness on their screens low as a rule, be sure to look at these pics with nearly-full brightness. Trust me, it VASTLY improves the experience.

Thanks so much Cyclops942, yes I forgot to mention the Dark Graflex might be a little hard to make out due to the lighting. The problem is if I set the lighting too strong the saber looks gray rather than black and on the red accents I added for the Sith version, that would look pink, not good. Thanks for the tip of altering screen brightness.

Black with Red accents and highlights just talks to me. Black with Gold works, but in real life, gold leaf just looks a little, bland.

Nice addition with the bubble lights too. Excellent design.
Have a point for even more inventiveness.

And hello chalion, so glad the Full On Sith called to you...I sorta made that version with you in mind. After doing the Dark Obi-Wan hilt with red accents a Dark Graflex with red seemed obvious. I'm really glad you like the lit activation bubble strip, I just thought "well the numbers on the calculator were probably red LEDs so why not install a red backlight LED on the strip - instant Bling!"

Thanks to all of you and points on their way to each of you.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1055 on: October 29, 2019, 08:45:24 PM »

Thanks so much Cyclops942, yes I forgot to mention the Dark Graflex might be a little hard to make out due to the lighting. The problem is if I set the lighting too strong the saber looks gray rather than black and on the red accents I added for the Sith version, that would look pink, not good. Thanks for the tip of altering screen brightness.

No worries!  Keeping my screens dim is something I do not only to conserve energy (battery or A/C), or to conserve the life of the LEDs involved, but to preserve my eyesight.  So from time to time, I get reminded that not everyone is so sensitive to such things, and I need to temporarily increase the brightness on whatever screen I am using.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1056 on: October 29, 2019, 08:52:51 PM »

Hello Infinit, thanks for calling in, I know you must be really busy now with the holiday season approaching.

And hello chalion, so glad the Full On Sith called to you...I sorta made that version with you in mind. After doing the Dark Obi-Wan hilt with red accents a Dark Graflex with red seemed obvious. I'm really glad you like the lit activation bubble strip, I just thought "well the numbers on the calculator were probably red LEDs so why not install a red backlight LED on the strip - instant Bling!"

Thanks to all of you and points on their way to each of you.

I'd give you more points, but I have to wait another few hours.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1057 on: October 30, 2019, 04:48:58 AM »

No worries!  Keeping my screens dim is something I do not only to conserve energy (battery or A/C), or to conserve the life of the LEDs involved, but to preserve my eyesight.  So from time to time, I get reminded that not everyone is so sensitive to such things, and I need to temporarily increase the brightness on whatever screen I am using.

OK got ya! i should probably turn my screen down a little now and then too. I have just gotten used to a preset so all the pictures I render are sort of colour graded.

I'd give you more points, but I have to wait another few hours.

and Hi chalion, no worries about awarding extra points, only do it (dew it!) if you think what I do is worth it!

Thanks again to everyone that looks in and supports this thread, much appreciated.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1058 on: October 31, 2019, 10:55:28 PM »

Hellooooo Everybodies!

As it is Halloween today I thought I'd bring my saber post forward a little and I'd dust off the cobwebs from a new design. This design is inspired by my favourite superhero, Spider-Man! Spidey was my go to character when I went to Halloween fancy dress parties and this design is sorta like a saber in a Halloween costume! Anyway enough chatting onto the pictures....

And of course I built one based on "Venom" too...

Thanks for checking this saber out and HAPPY HAUNTINGS! Maybe you'll all get a Force Ghost visit if you're lucky  Grin

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1059 on: October 31, 2019, 11:20:37 PM »

Again... all I can say is WOW...

POINT!

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1060 on: November 01, 2019, 02:45:48 AM »

Dude, you are the MacGyver of pop culture themed sabers!  And I may have just inadvertently challenged you to make a MacGyver saber.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1061 on: November 01, 2019, 04:21:53 AM »

Dude, you are the MacGyver of pop culture themed sabers!  And I may have just inadvertently challenged you to make a MacGyver saber.

Um.. agreed. I need to see this now. ("Now" as in whenever you might get around) Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1062 on: November 01, 2019, 04:54:43 AM »

Again... all I can say is WOW...
Dude, you are the MacGyver of pop culture themed sabers!  And I may have just inadvertently challenged you to make a MacGyver saber.
Um.. agreed. I need to see this now. ("Now" as in whenever you might get around) Wink

Thanks Cyclops, HanSolo Voltron and Taegin! I'm so glad you all like the hilt. And another feature I forgot to mention is that the Web Emitter Shroud can be removed and there is a row of small windows around the emitter socket. That way when you are dueling you can keep your shroud nice and undamaged!

Thanks again, it's been a good day for me so far, a friend called me "Badass" earlier and now I've been likened to MacGyver...not bad!

Points on the way to you all...and I'll dig out my bit of scaffolding, a few screws, an oxy-acetylene torch, some heatshrink tubing and I'll get "The Mac" designed as soon as possible!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1063 on: November 01, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »

OMG! The Spidey and Venom sabers are my top 5 now! Great design there, For

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1064 on: November 01, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »

Hellooooo Everybodies!

As it is Halloween today I thought I'd bring my saber post forward a little and I'd dust off the cobwebs from a new design. This design is inspired by my favourite superhero, Spider-Man! Spidey was my go to character when I went to Halloween fancy dress parties and this design is sorta like a saber in a Halloween costume! Anyway enough chatting onto the pictures....

And of course I built one based on "Venom" too...

Thanks for checking this saber out and HAPPY HAUNTINGS! Maybe you'll all get a Force Ghost visit if you're lucky  Grin

Love these!

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: