Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450378 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1080 on: November 12, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »

I'm a big fan of the hex tsuba. Your design is no exception to the rule, For. Love it!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1081 on: November 12, 2019, 06:08:19 PM »

Hi Bob, i was right! It was possible to modify Dark Dragon...Here you go a couple of pictures...

So something something Sith like this?
I like how the tsuba has a vague Chinese labyrinth look about it. Kinda runs with the Asian motif.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1082 on: November 12, 2019, 06:28:02 PM »

I'm a big fan of the hex tsuba. Your design is no exception to the rule, For. Love it!

I like how the tsuba has a vague Chinese labyrinth look about it. Kinda runs with the Asian motif.

Hi Darth Logos and Infinit, thanks guys, the tsuba worked better than I had hoped. When I modeled it thought it reminded me of something and you have just jogged my memory thanks Logos. I thought it looked a bit like the symbols from the I-Ching or ancient method of divination using coins. The coins were flipped and depending on whether they landed heads or tails, they created a pattern which was referenced in a book that had a "fortune telling" quote linked to each symbol. Two of these symbols can be seen in G.I. Joe as the tattoos Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have on their arms.

Anyhow thanks again for the kind comments, points on the way to you both and onto more designs.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1083 on: November 13, 2019, 03:09:41 AM »

Hi Bob, i was right! It was possible to modify Dark Dragon...Here you go a couple of pictures...

Dude this is fantastic!  I can literally see this in the hands of a samurai-inspired Knight of Ren on the big screen.  I think this might be my favorite since the series of Spectre LE prototypes you came up with.  Point to you and Bob Loblaw for the inspiration.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1084 on: November 13, 2019, 03:15:13 AM »

Sorry, phone is being finicky and won't let me edit my comment out of the quote above.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1085 on: November 13, 2019, 06:49:59 AM »

Sorry, phone is being finicky and won't let me edit my comment out of the quote above.

Hi HanSolo Voltron, no need to apologise I appreciate the kind words. The fact you remember my Spectre prototypes is a great compliment. Glad you like the Dragons, I was fortunate Bob suggested the edit (and I could adapt it so quick) and I hope to continue to impress in future.

point on the way to you.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1086 on: November 13, 2019, 03:48:39 PM »

YES!!! Something something POINTS!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1087 on: November 13, 2019, 04:22:16 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It is Saturday again so that means a new saber. This time I have a Blender remake of a saber I made a model of back in 2016 using some other software which wasn't as good as Blender. I also venture to the Orient with this design, this is my (New) Dark Dragon Saber...

And a final shorter two part hilt...

You may have noticed this hilt doesn't have a visible activation switch, this is because I imagined this saber to have a touch panel type sensor hidden within the Dragon logo design. Having a touch sensor I thought would help to make the hilt easier to grip anywhere along the hilt without the switch housing getting in the way (giving more grip options)

I have a few other designs in this series including the lightside version and one I call Sasayki Shi. Thanks for checking this Dragon out.

OK, these actually remind me of a ninja-to that I was looking at as a kid (ESPECIALLY the saber with the Sith tsuba).  In fact, it was that sword that kick-started my love&collection of edged weapons  Smiley

And here you go and do an AWESOME marriage between sword and saber!  INCREDIBLE work, FT!!

LOVING these interpretations  Cheesy

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1088 on: November 13, 2019, 10:31:42 PM »

OK, these actually remind me of a ninja-to that I was looking at as a kid (ESPECIALLY the saber with the Sith tsuba).  In fact, it was that sword that kick-started my love&collection of edged weapons  Smiley

And here you go and do an AWESOME marriage between sword and saber!  INCREDIBLE work, FT!!

LOVING these interpretations  Cheesy

Point!

Hi Dutch, so glad I brought back some memories for you. I was a fan of the martial arts/ninja films of the 80's and 90's, especially Sho Kosugi films. (I will mention Michael Dudikof here as well as he had a few American Ninja films) These were also what got me into bladed weapons...but here in the UK the laws are a little bit restrictive as to what i could own! Hopefully I have a few more katana styled hilts to come.

Thanks and accept a point in return.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1089 on: November 13, 2019, 10:36:02 PM »

YES!!! Something something POINTS!

Hi Bob, I said I might be able to come up with something. This worked better than I could have hoped for as the Sith Empire logo has a bit of an Oriental look to it. I just stuck with a silver and red scheme and recoloured the Dragons and I had it! Thanks for the suggestion!

point on it's way to you also!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1090 on: November 16, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »

Hello Everybody....

Drum roll! I have a big very special guest for this week's saber offering, straight from Disney+ to For Tyeth's Blender Thread....please welcome ....oh I don't know his name but this logo might be familiar....

YES It's The Mandalawrian!...

I hope you like this offering, I don't think it's bad considering I've not seen the show!
Thanks for looking in as always.

p.s I intentionally spelt the name "wrong" to avoid copyright of the big mouse.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1091 on: November 17, 2019, 02:01:52 AM »

Hello Everybody....

Drum roll! I have a big very special guest for this week's saber offering, straight from Disney+ to For Tyeth's Blender Thread....please welcome ....oh I don't know his name but this logo might be familiar....

YES It's The Mandalawrian!...

I hope you like this offering, I don't think it's bad considering I've not seen the show!
Thanks for looking in as always.

p.s I intentionally spelt the name "wrong" to avoid copyright of the big mouse.

I love this look. so clean and straightforward. The Mando look and the bell shape of the pommel..............just superb.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1092 on: November 17, 2019, 03:30:51 AM »

I love this look. so clean and straightforward. The Mando look and the bell shape of the pommel..............just superb.

Thanks chalion, I am really pleased you like this one as I really was reaching in the dark - I haven't seen the show yet! I looked back and relied on my Mando knowledge of Boba and Jango but used the new guy's colours. (The hilt appears a darker blue than it actually is because it is absorbing the colour/light from the environment background image - look real close and you can see scenery reflected on the hilt).

And I don't know if the new Mando has a jet pack but the pommel is modeled to mimic the exhaust nozzle of a jet backpack!

Thanks again for the kind comments and a point on it's way to you.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1093 on: November 18, 2019, 11:55:53 AM »

I'm liking how your take on the Beskar metal for the Mandalorian lightsaber, For. It goes well with the AB blade, love it! Points incoming

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1094 on: November 18, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »

1) I love the simplistic yet still representative design of this hilt.

2) Damn the Mouse. Copyright, trademark, and patent laws only prevent you from profiting. So go nuts.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: